Baby is here but still can’t decide!

Flora Charlotte or Flora Rae! :heart::heart: Congratulations

Congratulations! You have some great options to choose from! :two_hearts:

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- I would think about the nicknames for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (Charlie/Lottie/Char etc) Are there any that you really like? [name_u]Or[/name_u] would you want to call her by her full name.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]- Short spunky name, I picture a boisterous little girl.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]- I get a very pretty and studious image for [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. It is also used as a nickname for [name_u]Florence[/name_u] in the UK. [name_f]Flo[/name_f] could be used as well!

I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is lovely also and could be considered for a first name, it is very girly in my opinion. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the “Lou” nickname.

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote is for [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. But [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is adorable too!

[name_f]My[/name_f] 18 m.o. daughter’s name is Eloïse [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (we almost named her [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] Marcelline). I love it, but I have to say I was bummed that both [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] were top 5 US girls names this year. I don’t want her to be just another [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] or a [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] in 10 years. So something to consider. But as a middle name, [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be a little hidden if it ever did become an overbearingly popular name (like [name_u]Piper[/name_u] or [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] or something). I’ve considered [name_f]Flora[/name_f] as well. I think I would’ve gone with [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Ciel[/name_u] (see-EL, meaning heaven in French).

Good luck and CONGRATS! :baby_bottle: :partying_face:

1 Like

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] or [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]!

Congratiulations!Charlotte [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] are my favourites,but I slightly prefer [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] because there are more nn options

I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f] or [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s my thoughts:

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is a little more common in my opinion, so if you’re looking for something a little more unique I’d let that tip you into [name_f]Flora[/name_f].

I also feel like [name_f]Flora[/name_f], and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] are a bit more vintage/traditional than the trendy short [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. I think I prefer [name_f]Flora[/name_f] with a different middle option but if you are looking for something a little different stylistically, I think it still works! I love the previous posters suggestion of [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u].

I also want to suggest [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]? I feel like this also fits your style and is adorable and underused! Maybe she’s a [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]?

Congratulations and good luck picking! Let us know who she turns out to be =)

@Earthside.light Actually, [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] are not that popular! The list you’re looking at is the list of names that get the most attention on Nameberry. (I guess page views, etc.) Although they are trending up very quickly (particularly Eloise), [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is currently #138 on the National rankings and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is #528! And fwiw, I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is a beautiful, lively name!

2 Likes

Ivy Eloise is gorgeous!

Oh wow! I didn’t realize that! That’s honestly kind of big relief for me lol. Thanks so much for sharing that fact and clearing it up.

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] or [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Also like the nn suggestion of [name_f]Lottie[/name_f].

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] or [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u].

What about:

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

Well I love [name_u]Rae[/name_u] so [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is my favorite followed closely by [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]! That would be more unheard of/unique than [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] would be

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] 100% gets my vote! [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is just absolutely gorgeous, though I really like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] as well.

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter was nameless for a day and my second son for two days, so I understand the pressure. You will come up with the absolute perfect name for her though, no worries if it takes time. (:

Congratulations on your happy bundle! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the wonderful world, little one! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new daughter! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f] but would be [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] if it were an option. I can see why you’re struggling. You have great options! If it helps you decide, here are some thoughts on each of your names.
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]-

Summary

very popular, but for good reason! [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is sweet, classy, and never really goes out of style. [name_f]My[/name_f] hesitation is that it sounds kind of demure and reserved. Not that those are bad qualities, but it lacks some of the spark I like in a name.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]-

Summary

It’s sophisticated but also sounds bright and fun enough for a young girl. It sounds maybe a bit cold to me, but I do like it.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]-

Summary

I do like the sound, but I can’t quite imagine it on a young person yet. I don’t want to discourage you, though; [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] are definitely back, [name_f]Laura[/name_f] never goes out, and I think Flora’s prettier than the first two. I just think you would be about 5-10 years ahead of the curve. [name_f]Florrie[/name_f] would be an adorable nickname!

Congratulations :sparkling_heart:

You have a stunning list no wonder your struggling!

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] ~ This a pretty name but [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is very very trendy and I think will rise in popularity so if this is a concern I wouldn’t use. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is sweet.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Rae/ [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is such a classic really gorgeous name very elegant. I think if you want a classic name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is definitely the way to go! So timeless. [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is sweet but I do absolutely love [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is STUNNING

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ~ so [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is a winner such a lovely delicate name that feels summery so perfect for a summer baby. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is sparkly and feels different. Personally I would prefer [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as I think [name_u]Rae[/name_u] runs into the ‘r’ of [name_f]Flora[/name_f].

For me I would change it up and go [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] that’s an absolute winner :two_hearts:

Good luck!