Baby Name Advice - 3rd Girl

I am due to have my third girl this summer and I have fallen in love with the name [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. The only problem is that our last name is [name_u]Day[/name_u] and I worry it sounds to similar to ‘every day’. I have considered a lot of alternative names but my heart is set on [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. Middle name will be [name_u]Joan[/name_u]. Siblings are [name_u]Riley[/name_u] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f].

What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Congratulations!

So I think [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u] sounds like ‘everyday’ and that’s all I can think unfortunately. However it depends whether you can get over that hangup off ‘everyday’ as it’s not a terrible association and personally I wouldn’t mind being called [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u]. Alternatively how do you feel about hyphenated names? Something like Avery-Rose would be sweet and breaks up the ‘everyday’ association. You could always combine the first and middle name into a hyphenated first name Avery-Joan is fun.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

1 Like

Thanks! I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but [name_u]Joan[/name_u] is a family name and the family member already knows we plan to use it so I can’t change it now! Although, I do think Avery-Joan sounds nice too. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is not bothered at all by the everyday association and I honestly don’t think it’s terrible. I just worry about her getting teased for it or not liking it when she’s older. I appreciate your input!

Is [name_u]Riley[/name_u] a girl or a boy? [name_m]Just[/name_m] for curiosity

Avery-Marie
Avery-Anne
Avery-Kate
Avery-Pauline
Avery-Sophie
Avery-Jenna
Avery-Liv
Avery-Nell
Avery-Tess
Avery-Nev
Avery-Jane

I actually didn’t think of every day when you said [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u]. I think it’s wearable! [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_u]Joan[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u] is great! You could also have a couple of nicknames for her as well, like [name_f]Avie[/name_f], or AJ.

FWIW I know of someone who used [name_f]Averleigh[/name_f] as an alternative to [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. I prefer the spelling to be Averlie or Averley but I thought it sounded sweet!

Ultimately, however, if you and your husband both love [name_u]Avery[/name_u], then you should use it! I personally also really like this name, and think it fits in great with siblings, [name_u]Riley[/name_u] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f].

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] to suggest alternatives, but it sounds like you are pretty set on [name_u]Avery[/name_u]!

I too would worry about people hearing/saying everyday

1 Like

I didn’t see it until you pointed it out, but now you have, I can see that it might be heard/said as every day. Since [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is such a familiar name, you might be able to get away with it :woman_shrugging:

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] did came to mind.

2 Likes

I didn’t see everyday until you pointed it out.

As an [name_u]Avery[/name_u] fan, I don’t think it’s a deal breaker. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] fits well with your sibset and the -ee endings. Plus love the suggestions of an AJ nn for [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_u]Joan[/name_u].

We were team green and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] was on our short list going in, so I’m a fan and could be biased but I say go for it!

I think it sounding like everyday could make the combo difficult. It’s easy to mishear.

[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]

It kinda does now that you point that out but I wouldn’t ordinarily make that connection. If you really love it I’d just go with it anyway.

First I see A very day. In which case I’d avoid a middle or hyphenating it with something like Claire. Because then it become something like a very clear day.

Second I hear is everyday. Though not as obvious as the first.

Have you considered these names.
Everleigh
Aurelia
Avelne
Emery
Orla
Ava / Eva

1 Like

I know its not the same but has a very similar sound and feel, still is pretty, what about [name_u]Amory[/name_u]?

Orrr, just name her Avery! So it’s a little unique, so it sounds like everyday. But, its also memorable! And a conversation starter. And it doesnt have any negative connotations. I once met an Allie Hall (i.e. “alley”) and a Khaki Brown. Never forgot them. But they were very cute, nice girls. It was kind of fun that they had special names. If Avery is the name you love and speaks to you, and it won’t be a detriment or harm to her, then forget whatever you think you are “supposed” to do, or whatever someone else is telling you to do, and follow your heart! And let people figure out the Everyday similarity on their own. Not everyone is going to notice believe it or not. And if they do just smile, laugh or have fun with it and own it, “yup! Thats her name! And we love it!”

I didn’t think of “everyday” when I read [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u]. I like it, and would still use it… but I see where your coming from.