Baby name Ani???

What are all your thoughts on the name Ani Marguerite (sister to Ivy Ruth)?

Does it work as a full name? Is it too similar to Ivy?

I am considering it as a full name, or as a shortened version of Anouk, or maybe Anise (thoughts??)

Any other ideas for kind of unusual names it can be shortened from much appreciated :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Ani[/name_f]! I’m glad I’m not the only one! :slight_smile:

I think it could easily stand alone as a name. Are you pronouncing it an-nee or ah-nee or another way?

Okay, so I’m not exactly sure how you pronounce this, but if it’s like [name_f]Annie[/name_f] I definitely suggest making it a nickname for something else. I know someone who’s middle name is [name_f]Ann[/name_f], and in middle school they absolutely HATED it. Yes, [name_f]Ani[/name_f] is MUCH better, but I think that for when they get to the age where they care about names and stuff, it wild be nice to give them the choice of using it or not.

Maybe spell it… [name_f]Anai[/name_f],. otherwise she’ll be called [name_f]Annie[/name_f] her whole life… It sounds pretty other that that though.

[name_f]Anai[/name_f] is a good alternative, thanks :slight_smile:

I’m desperately trying to find a name, so trying out lots of options at the mo.

I am called [name_f]Ani[/name_f] sometimes, it’s a very popular nickname for [name_f]Anna[/name_f]/[name_f]Anne[/name_f] where I live. I think it’s a sweet and short name. If you like [name_f]Ani[/name_f], what about [name_f]Anja[/name_f] or [name_f]Annette[/name_f]?