Baby name anxiety - Narrowing it down, Please vote!

If you love [name]Maeve[/name] and your hubby loves [name]Maeve[/name] then I think you have a winner. :wink:

This probably isnā€™t helpful, but when I see ā€œ[name]Emery[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]ā€ it makes me think of ā€œ[name]Emily[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]ā€ as in the girl who owns [name]Clifford[/name] the Big [name]Red[/name] Dog. (Sorry, I canā€™t help myself.) I do think the name [name]Emery[/name] is very pretty though.

Thank you so much, ladies! I really appreciate all of your input. [name]Maeve[/name] sounds like the favoriteā€¦

[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I love [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], too, but if your last name only has one syllable, it may sound blunt with [name]Maeve[/name]. I guess it depends on your last name for me.
:slight_smile:

[name]Emery[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I really love this combo, too. I think [name]Emery[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is lovely, too!

[name]Sarah[/name] ([name]Sadie[/name]) _____ : I think [name]Sarah[/name], nn [name]Sadie[/name] is very sweet. What about [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Violet[/name]?

_____ [name]Violet[/name]: I think [name]Violet[/name] is gorgeous, too. What about [name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name] ot [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Violet[/name]?

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]/trix [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] (I actually think someone here recently gave this combo to her little girlā€¦)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Depending on how it sounds with your last name, I vote for [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], too, with the others a close second. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] Ladies,

We were SO excited about [name]Maeve[/name], but every single person we have mentioned it to has shot it down. They either say it sounds made up, really out there or bad with our last name. I could maybe get past the first two reasons, although it really saddens me that people wouldnt think her name was as beautiful as we do for her whole life, but I cant get past the fact that, they are right, it doesnt sound good with our last name.

So, I guess I am back to the drawing board. Please help us! These are the names I like (so you can get a feel), some our family, some are not, but if my husband really liked it he would go for it.

[name]Emery[/name] (family name)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (probably for a mn but maybe a first nameā€¦ [name]Jill[/name], I know you like [name]Eliza[/name], but sadly I am not the biggest fan)
[name]Beatrice[/name] (love this name, but DH does not)
[name]Evelyn[/name] (family name and love the nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Sarah[/name] (family name and like nn [name]Sadie[/name], but find it kind of overused and cutesy)
[name]Audrey[/name] (not a family name but DH likes itā€¦ afraid of popularity there, though)
[name]Charlotte[/name] (beautiful name, but we like [name]Charles[/name] - a family name - better for a boy)
[name]Violet[/name] (family name, but not totally keen on it as a first name)
[name]Marian[/name] (think it is beautiful, havent brought it up to DH)
[name]Claire[/name] (we both love this name but dont think it would go great with our last name)

That is all I have got. Hopefully that gives you an idea of our style and family names that we are working with. If you cant tell, I really like old/vintage/classic names.

I really appreciate your continued support. I am due in mid september and am starting to get really anxious. Who knows though, I could be like [name]Olive[/name] and Kits mom and not name her until she is home ([name]Nola[/name] is beautiful by the way), but I would prefer to avoid the grief. Thank you all!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Carter[/name] ā€“ Thatā€™s really too bad about [name]Maeve[/name]. I canā€™t resist saying that if anyone thinks that [name]Maeve[/name] is made up or really out there, they donā€™t know much about names. itā€™s a very stylish name these days and is also the name of an ancient Irish queen. So while itā€™s not [name]Mary[/name], itā€™s not [name]Bronx[/name] [name]Mowgli[/name] either! I wouldnā€™t let it go too quickly, since itā€™s such a gorgeous name and you and your husband both love it. I know weā€™ll all eagerly await your final decision!

Oh, Iā€™m sorry about [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Carter[/name]. :frowning: I was hoping that it worked with your last name. Like [name]Pam[/name], Iā€™m surprised that people think itā€™s an invented nameā€¦

[name]Emery[/name] (family name): I think itā€™s pretty, and I bet it sounds lovely with your last name.

[name]Elizabeth[/name]: Awe, donā€™t worry about me, [name]Carter[/name]! This is your baby girl, and you need to choose a name you love! I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is gorgeous, and I love so many of its nicknames ([name]Libby[/name], [name]Liza[/name], [name]Bess[/name], [name]Eliza[/name]ā€“ignore that oneā€“[name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elle[/name], Bizzie, etc.)

[name]Beatrice[/name] (love this name, but DH does not): I love this, too. (Memo to [name]Carter[/name]'s husband: You now [name]LOVE[/name] this name!) :slight_smile:

[name]Evelyn[/name] (family name and love the nn [name]Evie[/name]): I really love the [name]Evie[/name] nickname!

[name]Sarah[/name] (family name and like nn [name]Sadie[/name], but find it kind of overused and cutesy):If you donā€™t like [name]Sadie[/name], is [name]Sally[/name] any better for you? I know a darling [name]Sally[/name]ā€¦

[name]Audrey[/name] (not a family name but DH likes itā€¦ afraid of popularity there, though): I think [name]Audrey[/name] is so pretty. Yeah, itā€™s popular, but then again, any name can become popular at any time. I think itā€™s so elegant. :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] (beautiful name, but we like [name]Charles[/name] - a family name - better for a boy): I really love [name]Charlotte[/name], too.

[name]Violet[/name] (family name, but not totally keen on it as a first name): I love [name]Violet[/name], too, and I think itā€™s a gorgeous middle name for so many options on your list.

[name]Marian[/name] (think it is beautiful, havent brought it up to DH): I like this name, too, and also love [name]Marielle[/name] and [name]Mariana[/name]. [name]Miranda[/name], too.

[name]Claire[/name] (we both love this name but dont think it would go great with our last name): Would [name]Clara[/name] work any better with your last name?

Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re looking for more ideas, but here are some more (that I hopefully havenā€™t listed already):

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]/[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Helen/name
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]/[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

You just keep posting to your heartā€™s content, [name]Carter[/name]! Youā€™ll find the perfect name one of these days! :slight_smile:

Take care!

Too bad! I love [name]Maeve[/name]!

[name]Emery[/name] (family name)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] so much! [name]Love[/name] [name]Liza[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Bess[/name], [name]Bessie[/name], and some others.
[name]Beatrice[/name] (love this name, but DH does not) - My father hated my name - it didnā€™t used to be [name]Susan[/name] - and so I recommend naming your child a name that you both love.
[name]Evelyn[/name] (family name and love the nn [name]Evie[/name]) - absolutely love [name]Evelyn[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name].
[name]Sarah[/name] (family name and like nn [name]Sadie[/name], but find it kind of overused and cutesy) - yeah, it got too overdone for me.
[name]Audrey[/name] (not a family name but DH likes itā€¦ afraid of popularity there, though) - I love [name]Audrey[/name].
[name]Charlotte[/name] (beautiful name, but we like [name]Charles[/name] - a family name - better for a boy) - maybe you should save [name]Charles[/name] for a boy.
[name]Violet[/name] (family name, but not totally keen on it as a first name) - I love it.
[name]Marian[/name] (think it is beautiful, havent brought it up to DH) - I love [name]Marian[/name].
[name]Claire[/name] (we both love this name but dont think it would go great with our last name) - One of my very faves.

Other ideas:
[name]Alice[/name] - adore this name.
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Iona[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] nn [name]Mira[/name], [name]Miri[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name] - nn [name]Tillie[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Nell[/name]
[name]Regina[/name] nn [name]Regi[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] nn [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] nn [name]Vivi[/name] - this is a wonderful name!

Thank you [name]Pam[/name], [name]Jill[/name] and [name]Susan[/name]. I really appreciate your input.

Firstly, [name]Maeve[/name] isnā€™t entirely off the table because we both love it, but letā€™s just say we are now considering other options. [name]Do[/name] you find issues with how to pronounce it, as we had everyone ask how to spell it and then say Ma-eve?

As for some of your suggestionsā€¦

[name]Audrey[/name]: This is a top pick and so glad you all find it as lovely as we do.
[name]Clara[/name]: This is actually a good subsitute for [name]Claire[/name] for usā€¦ so we are kind of mulling it over.
[name]Frances[/name]: This is my auntieā€™s name and I love it, but I donā€™t like [name]Frannie[/name] or [name]Fran[/name], I would probably prefer it for a mn.
[name]Georgia[/name]: I love [name]Georgia[/name], but the DH doesnā€™t like names after states or cities.
[name]Stella[/name]: I love [name]Stella[/name] too, but am afraid of the popularity, and DH makes the [name]Rocky[/name] association.
[name]Willa[/name]: We both love [name]Willa[/name]! This was a name my husband didnā€™t like at first, but now really thinks itā€™s pretty, but he doesnā€™t like Willahemina (sp?).
[name]Evelyn[/name]: Itā€™s still a great pick for us. What does everyone think of this name? I posted earlier on this name and got a lot of responses on how cute everyone thought [name]Evie[/name] was, which I do too, but I like the name [name]Evelyn[/name] alone as well.

We are going to continue to evaluate and Iā€™m sure come back to you with other ideas. Please, please feel free to continue to suggest names to us and weigh in on your opinion.

Thank you so much for all of your support!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Carter[/name]! :slight_smile: I donā€™t know any Maeves personally, but Iā€™ve always thought its pronunciation was pretty clear. I love the name [name]Maeve[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Audrey[/name]: I do love [name]Audrey[/name]!

[name]Clara[/name]: I love [name]Clara[/name], and think itā€™s a great [name]Claire[/name] substitute. [name]Love[/name] it! :slight_smile:

[name]Frances[/name]: Have you thought about [name]Frankie[/name] or [name]Francie[/name] as nicknames? What about [name]Francesca[/name]? I think both names are so pretty. :slight_smile:

[name]Georgia[/name]: Okay, so this one is outā€¦

[name]Stella[/name]: [name]Stella[/name] is out, tooā€¦

[name]Willa[/name]: [name]Willa[/name] is one of my favorite names. :slight_smile: I think [name]Willa[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is really pretty.

[name]Evelyn[/name]: If popularity is an issue for you, you may not want to use [name]Evelyn[/name]. Itā€™s very popular now (#54)ā€¦Iā€™ll admit that [name]Evelyn[/name] isnā€™t one of my favorites, but YOU love it, and thatā€™s what matters here! :slight_smile: I love the names on your list, though!

I canā€™t wait to see the name your baby girl ends up with! :slight_smile: