Baby Name Books

I just ordered my tenth baby name book, The [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name Bible. I would like to hear what your favorite baby name books are :slight_smile: So far I have:

1. Beyond [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] & [name_m]Jason[/name_m], [name_u]Madison[/name_u] & [name_u]Montana[/name_u] - [name_f]Linda[/name_f] Rosenkrantz & [name_f]Pamela[/name_f] [name_m]Redmond[/name_m] Satran - This is a good book, though it is out of style now. Beyond [name_f]Ava[/name_f] & [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] is similar and much more current, but isn’t as complete as this second edition. I also don’t like how they don’t give much detail into the origin and meanings of names.

2. The [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] (First Edition) - [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Wattenberg - This book is good, but has a limited selection of names, and doesn’t always list meanings. The Third Edition is better.

3. The Complete Book of [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names - [name_u]Lesley[/name_u] [name_m]Bolton[/name_m] - This book looks very thick, but the information is limited. The 20-name lists are confusing, and they sometimes repeat names in the same lists. The variety is good, but the meanings aren’t always correct.

4. Beyond [name_f]Ava[/name_f] & [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] - [name_f]Linda[/name_f] Rosenkrantz and [name_f]Pamela[/name_f] [name_m]Redmond[/name_m] Satran - This book is similar to Beyond [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] & [name_m]Jason[/name_m], [name_u]Madison[/name_u] & [name_u]Montana[/name_u], but this is more up to date. However, the amount of information given in this book is not quite as much as the second version.

5. The [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] (Third Edition) - [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Wattenberg - This book is better than the original version, though they still don’t normally give name meanings.

6. Cool Names for Babies (Second Edition) - [name_f]Linda[/name_f] Rosenkrantz and [name_f]Pamela[/name_f] [name_m]Redmond[/name_m] Satran - This is a very fun book with tons of interesting lists, though some of these names aren’t usable, in my opinion.

7. Off-the-Grid [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names - [name_f]Linda[/name_f] Rosenkrantz and [name_f]Pamela[/name_f] [name_m]Redmond[/name_m] Satran - This book offers tons of super-interesting names, complete with origin, meaning, and at least one paragraph per name. However, if you are not the bravest namer, I don’t think this book is for you.

8. The Baby Name Almanac 2015 - Emily Larson - I think this book is good. It gives a good overview of what could be trending next, though I find flaws with the names section. I also don’t like year specific books because, when it’s not that year anymore, it automatically becomes out of date.

9. Baby Names 2015 - Eleanor Turner - See The Baby Name Almanac 2015.

Overall, I like all these books. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to share the books you own!

I used to own [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names Now. It was dated, but still awesome. IDK if it’s still in print or not…

The [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] sounds amazing. I think I’ll put that on my shopping list.