baby name Dodge

I am trying to decide if [name]Dodge[/name] would be a good name for a boy. My husband came up with it and really likes it. Im soso with it. I like it just dont want the kid to be teased what does anyone else think?

My first thought = dodge ball.

To be honest it sounds more like a brand name, than a name for a person.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]?

Wow, weird. I wanted to name my son [name]Dodge[/name], but we ended up with [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]!

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Dodge[/name]. We started considering it because it was in our family tree, and I really fell in love. [name]Even[/name] my mom loved it. We had a really hard time coming up with a middle name that didn’t sound like a car dealership! (Our favorite was [name]Dodge[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name], but that didn’t work!). I also didn’t think it was substantial enough for a full name, and wanted to name him [name]George[/name] and nn him [name]Dodge[/name], but my hubby thought that was too much of a stretch. Anyway, I [name]LOVE[/name] my son’s name, but sometimes I really regret not using [name]Dodge[/name], it’s the only one of all the names we considered that I miss. And I’ll never be able to use it because [name]Dodge[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] is too much!

Oh, almost everyone I asked about it loved it, too! I vote 100% for [name]Dodge[/name]!

I’m surprised, but I like it. I first thought of a red [name]Dodge[/name] one-ton travelling through the dirt. To me it’s very masculine and tough. Of course you’d have to deal with the car association, but boys like cars, right? I also think of the wild west, as in [name]Dodge[/name] City. Has potential to be a very cool name.

If you want something longer/more formal, would definately work for a nn.

Sorry, but I don’t like it. I like the things that others have said about reasons to like it, but I think of dodge like dodge a bullet, dodging responsibilities, and dodgy as a slang word for flaky (apparently). I’ve heard the word dodgy used a lot for things that just look off, poor craftsmanship, low quality goods that will probably fall apart or just look cheap.

I feel like this is a name that could have all those good qualities others mentioned (which I think it does have) if it didn’t have so many negative references as well.

I personally love it! I am a car fanatic, though, so I may be biased :wink: My first thought was, of course, the car company, but in my eyes it”s not a bad association at all, especially when it comes down to the [name]Dodge[/name] Viper! Haha :slight_smile: But in all seriousness, I think [name]Dodge[/name] is a handsome, masculine name.

[name]Dodge[/name] sounds ok if the child will live the majority of his life in the USA. Its will be difficult to say if you come from a romance language. To me it screams american made car. [name]Dodge[/name] has a huge potential for teasing.

I first think of a car. It wasn’t for that association I would probably like it.

Also, I kind of think [name]Dodgson[/name] is cute. I mean, I like the name [name]Dodge[/name] just the association kind of ruins it for me.