Baby Name Dreams!

Have you ever had a dream that you had a child with a certain name? [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe a dream of a name you’ve never thought of using, but you actually really like?

• The first name dream I remember having was I had been given a baby girl. I went over to my parents house with this baby and I asked my mom to help me name her. I knew it was a dreamed when my mom started suggesting names we both don’t care for. (Old lady names like [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] and Mildred)

• Another dream I had did not involve me having a child. It was literally just a name that popped in my mind before I woke up. The name was [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]. I would totally consider using it. I love it!

• The last dream I remember having, I had twin toddlers named [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. I’ve always loved [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], and it’s a family name. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] I didn’t care for at the time I had the dream, but it has recently jumped to my top 5 favorite girl names.

Now, it’s your turn! What names have you all dreamed about? Would you consider using them?

3 Likes

I dreamed once that I had a daughter named [name_f]Addalyn[/name_f]. I used to really love it but now I only like and not for my children.

1 Like

In the past I had dream a dream of having two daughters; [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], those names were, (and still technically are), on my short list.

And another dream involved three children; Summer-Rose, [name_u]Liam[/name_u], and [name_f]Renee[/name_f].

1 Like

i’ve had SO many dreams like this!

once i dreamt that my current boyfriend and I had three kiddos :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

oliver finn
milo jude
hazel wren

to this day, it is still one of my favorite sibsets! i’ve always loved the idea of having two little boys and then a little girl.

fun fact: i had this dream a night before i got a nameberry acount. little hazel wren inspired my username. :dove:

6 Likes

I had a dream as a teen that I had twins named [name_f]Rejoice[/name_f] and [name_f]Remember[/name_f] (Joy and Mem) LOL. I was reading a book about Puritans at the time. [name_m]Even[/name_m] my brain couldn’t pull those out nowhere haha.

For awhile I sort of liked it but there’s no way I’d use them irl.

5 Likes

I had a daughter called [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] once - I would definitely use [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] and I’d consider the combo too.

I also dreamt I had a daughter called [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] which I probably wouldn’t use

1 Like

[name_f]Addalyn[/name_f] is cute!

Summer-Rose is actually pretty cute!

1 Like

I LOVE the boys names! [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is not my style, but I adore [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] that the name inspired your username. Very cool story!

1 Like

Those would make epic middle names in my mind! haha. I had a few relatives named [name_f]Pleasant[/name_f], so I have a soft spot for names like that.

I know someone with a daughter named, [name_f]Sarai[/name_f]. I like it! [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is super pretty, as is [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f].

2 Likes

I’ve dreamed about [name_f]Aleia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]. It was my top girl name for a lot of my childhood. (According to my family I have been discussing names since I was around 3, when I first got a lot of words, lol.)

1 Like

Old post sorry - but I had a dream which involved names last night. I was looking at a roster or something and I noticed the name Kiliup and for some reason I thought it was a perfectly normal, common name? It made so much sense to me in the dream. Kiliup was the more uncommon variation of Keliup (both pronounced like “kelly up” said quickly) and were common in/reminiscent of late 80s/early 90s girls names. [name_m]Even[/name_m] in the dream I was like “Aw, I haven’t heard that name in a while! I kinda like it!” It was SO REAL that this name was real and I even had to Google it when I woke up and, of course, Keliup/Kiliup is not a real, established girls name but it sure was in my head at the time. :joy:

2 Likes

I’m so glad this post was revived!

I dreamed this week that I met some kids at a summer camp. There was one named Solvana which I thought was interesting. But there was another named Bacteria. :flushed: I wondered, “Surely it’s pronounced differently?” :laughing:

A long time ago, my husband dreamed that we had sons named [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Chen[/name_m] and [name_m]Pablo[/name_m] Chew.

2 Likes

I remember having a dream a while back that I had a daughter named [name_u]Juno[/name_u] [name_f]Bee[/name_f] which is quite cute (my partner looks a lot like a [name_u]Juno[/name_u] though)

Another time it was a daughter named [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. I’m pretty sure brain is trying to get me into [name_m]Jun[/name_m]- names now.

1 Like

Had a dream last night that I had a baby boy & my husband insisted on naming him [name_u]Hawaii[/name_u] [name_u]Loyal[/name_u] :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Another name dream last night! I met a little girl named [name_f]Katie[/name_f], then two little boys who said their names were Baked Falafel and Cornfield. :sweat_smile:

I had a name dream last night for the first time in a while! I met a young girl whose alias is [name_u]Haley[/name_u] but whose given name is Ja (as in “yes” in [name_m]German[/name_m] :joy:), and she was talking about a baby girl named [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]!

So, I dreamed I had two daughters names [name_f]Lila[/name_f] (LEE-la) and [name_u]Fern[/name_u].
I also pretty recently dreamed I had twin daughters [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], these are literally my favourite girls names so I was super happy!
The last I had a little boy, his name was [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. I don’t remember much else though.

I dreamt last night I had three daughters, [name_f]Janie[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Dot[/name_f]!

1 Like