Baby name for my daughter

I have several combinations of first names and middle names that I love, but I feel like it is almost impossible to choose. I thought I’d come on here to get some second opinions since I have so much trouble choosing.

Some combinations:

• Blythe [name_f]Amara[/name_f] ([name_f]Blythe[/name_f] means “happiness” or “carefree” which makes it one of my favorites, and [name_f]Amara[/name_f] means “everlasting” so altogether the name would mean “everlasting happiness”)

• Ylona [name_f]Venus[/name_f] (Ylona means “beautiful” or “shining” and [name_f]Venus[/name_f] means “love”. The name [name_f]Venus[/name_f] is also my mother’s name. Altogether, the name would mean “beautiful love”)

• Bianka [name_f]Margot[/name_f] ([name_f]Bianka[/name_f] means “white” or “bright”, [name_f]Margot[/name_f] means “pearl” and together, the name means “bright pearl”)

• Eris [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] ([name_f]Eris[/name_f] means “chaotic” and I like this name because though it sounds pretty, it’s meaning has a darker side to it because the name [name_f]Eris[/name_f] comes from the Greek goddess, [name_f]Eris[/name_f], who is the goddess of strife, discord, and rivalry. The name has a lot of history. The name [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] again means “happiness” and it also means “carefree”. I’m not sure if I like the contrast between the meanings of both names or if I only like it because the name as a whole sounds very pretty and unique)

I love all your combos! I can tell that you put a lot of time and effort into putting them together! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of yours would be [name_f]Bianka[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Eris[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. I love how the first set sounds and I love the contrasting meanings and look of the latter!

2 Likes

Blythe [name_f]Amara[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous!

2 Likes

Blythe [name_f]Amara[/name_f] is stunning!

3 Likes

My favorite are [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Amara[/name_f] and [name_f]Bianka[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I grew up with a [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] so for me it’s hard not associate. That said, I was always intrigued by her name. [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Amara[/name_f] is really pretty. I really like [name_f]Bianka[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and it’s more refreshing to me!! Stunning choices!

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Amara[/name_f] and [name_f]Bianka[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

I would like [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] even more, have you considered that spelling at all?

3 Likes

Ylona [name_f]Venus[/name_f] is beautiful ! what a special name to pass along !

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are Ylona [name_f]Venus[/name_f] (in part because of the family significance of [name_f]Venus[/name_f], in part because Ylona sounds so beautiful!) and [name_f]Eris[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. [name_f]Eris[/name_f] is unusual but pretty and easy to pronounce, and I like the idea of happiness out of strife or chaos—almost like resilience, or a light at the end of the tunnel.

2 Likes

I like both of those a lot, but lean toward [name_f]Eris[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] because I think it would be a little easier to wear than Ylona.

1 Like

I love, love, love, love [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Amara[/name_f]! [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] I love because of how cheerful and happy it sounds. But unlike similar names, it sounds sophisticated enough to work on all ages. Also, I don’t know if you’ve heard of the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables series, but, because of those books, it will always have a special place in my heart. As for [name_f]Amara[/name_f], this is such a special name, in my opinion. It’s popular enough to not sound “out there” or “made up” (which, of course isn’t a problem, speaking as someone who thinks the word “scenario” should be a name :slight_smile: , but still, I know it matters to someone). Yet it has such a unique, exotic feel that makes it seem impossible to ever become bland or dated. Anyway, as you can probably tell, this is my favorite of you combos. I could go on about it for years!

Ylona [name_f]Venus[/name_f]: I love the meaning and the significance it has to you. I like Ylona and I like how [name_f]Venus[/name_f] is your mother’s name.

[name_f]Bianka[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]- This is probably pretty rare, but I’ve actually know quite a few Biankas (I think it was spelled [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], though), so the name feels a little bland. Having said that, I’m sure this isn’t the case for 99% of people. I do really like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and I love how the names together mean “bright pearl.” I also like how you substituted the “c” for a “k;” it feels more unique that way.

[name_f]Eris[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]- As a huge history geek, I really appreciate the name’s depth. However, I don’t like its similarity to [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and [name_f]Erin[/name_f], which feel dated to me. But, then again, how can I even say it’s similar to [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and [name_f]Erin[/name_f] with the history it has? Basically, I don’t really know how I feel about [name_f]Eris[/name_f]. I’ll have to think about it, but I do like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (again, I know, totally different meanings (obviously) and heritages). So, a translation: I would love to meet a little [name_f]Eris[/name_f], but I would be worried that others wouldn’t appreciate the name and would think it a made up variation of any name that starts with “Er.” You already know how I feel about [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like Ylona [name_f]Venus[/name_f] and [name_f]Bianka[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

1 Like

I have heard of the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables series, and I actually first heard the name “[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]” on there ([name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]), and I thought it was such a beautiful name, even more so when I looked up its meaning!

1 Like

I have considered “[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]” actually but I personally know a lot of Biancas and wanted to look for something a little different!

I love the name [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]! Both of the [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] combos are winners for me.

Another option I thought of given your list is [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] means rainbow which is nice. Then there’s the symbolism of the flower iris which symbolizes faith, hope, and wisdom. Could be a great combo for you in terms of sound and meaning.

1 Like

Blythe [name_f]Amara[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous, but I also adore [name_f]Bianka[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Like other commenters, I’m in love with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Amara[/name_f]. [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] should be used more! Your other potential names are also lovely and I can’t fault any of them, so your child will be well named no matter what you decide to do. But… [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. is. fabulous.

1 Like

What about [name_f]Amara[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Bianka[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f], but [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Amara[/name_f] would be my fav. [name_f]Amara[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] would be a 10/10!

2 Likes

Aw I absolutely love your list!! [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Amara[/name_f] & [name_f]Bianka[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] are so stunning and unexpected.

1 Like

Blythe [name_f]Amara[/name_f] is beautiful in sound and meaning

1 Like