Baby Name Test Drive

Hello!
I recently discovered the website [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_u]Genie[/name_u]’s Test Drive feature. You input a name, and they substitute it into a pile of stock sentences, so that you can see how the name will work in the real world. I was playing around (I’m a long way off naming any human children) and saying some of them out loud with my favourite names input. However, for a lot of them, the sentences they have are not things that I would be saying. So, I was wondering if any of you would mind throwing in some recordings of you saying these sentences with a few of my favourites?
There are a lot of sentences, so just do as many as you want, don’t worry about all of them! You can adjust adjust the pronouns for each name :slight_smile:
The names I would love to hear are [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], and [name_u]Dorian[/name_u].
I would be delighted to do anyone’s names if you’d like me to! [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to single out any sentences you want to hear more than others.

So here are the sentences!

1. Name, could you please set the table?
  2. I am not joking around Name, this is really important to me!
  3. Name–Name! Are you listening to me!?!
  4. Hello, [name_m]Wellington[/name_m] Inc. this is Name.
  5. Name, come on down! You’re the next contestant!
  6. Hey Name. How are you doing?
  7. Allow me to introduce myself. [name_f]My[/name_f] name is Name.
  8. Name! Pick up your toys. I am not going to ask you again.
  9. I am at Name’s house.
  10. Do you Name, take this person to be your lawfully wedded spouse?
  11. I talked to Name this afternoon.
  12. I am sorry, Name isn’t here right now. [name_m]Can[/name_m] I take a message?
  13. You’ll have to see Name about that. They will know what to do.
  14. Yes? Name? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a question?
  15. If Name would consistently turn their homework in–on time–they would be one of my star pupils.
  16. Name? Name. Your order is ready.
  17. Name. Is that you?
  18. And the winner is… Name!
  19. Mommy! Name ate my cookie!
  20. Hi. This is Name’s phone. Sorry I missed your call. [name_m]Leave[/name_m] me a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
  21. Name, it’s not the end of the world. It’s just a car. You are more important than a car.
  22. Name, I love you!
  23. Write back soon. Your [name_u]Friend[/name_u], Name
  24. Does Name like avocado?
  25. Name, it’s time for dinner.
  26. Name. Spelled N-A-M-E.
  27. Oh, there you are Name. I’ve been looking all over for you!

Thank you very much!
~ [name_f]Sappho[/name_f]

13 Likes

I did [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f] because I like the way it sounds. I only got to 8 because my phone is dying. I’d love to have someone do this with [name_f]Eileen[/name_f] for me

Note: I don’t think we have the same dialect @rosepip

2 Likes

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] name genie is AMAZING for this kinda stuff! It also has some pretty decent generators and I’ve even put some in my combos (it gave me [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and then I changed it up and put another middle).

3 Likes

What a brilliant idea! I have an interest in radio, so I think this would really help me with inflection in my voice.

@rosepip I did [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], but I’ll do the others soon!

@Paxramena I’ll do [name_f]Eileen[/name_f] now!

4 Likes

How do you record a voice message on here! Trying to figure it out

@Paxramena Here you go!

1 Like

if you go onto any voice recorder app/website then save the recording to your files. Then click on the upload button (the same as when you post a picture on here). Click Browse instead and you should be able to find the recording and post it

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

@rosepip @Paxramena I’ll do these tomorrow!! [name_f]My[/name_f] family are all asleep right now so they might think i’m a bit crazy if I just start talking to [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_f]Eileen[/name_f] and telling them to set the table :joy:

2 Likes

@MargotAbeline got it thanks so much !!

1 Like

no worries x

No problem!

1 Like

Can’t record yours right now, but I’ll try to remember to do it either later today or tomorrow!

Went through all these in my head with my beloved [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] & wow, did not realise how much I’d be calling him [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] instead :joy:

2 Likes

@Paxramena here’s [name_f]Eileen[/name_f]!

7 Likes

You have such a nice accent!

4 Likes

You sound like the actress [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] [name_u]Page[/name_u] :star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Me? Thank you lol :joy:. I’m flattered

1 Like

If anyone is willing to do this for any of a few current favorites of mine ([name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Heather[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f]), or if anyone from the UK is willing to do it for [name_u]Harry[/name_u], I’d really appreciate it!

2 Likes

I tried this with some of my top names and didn’t like the results as much as I wanted to! It really does benefit you to say namea out loud sometimes

1 Like