Baby Names a la 30 Rock

Anyone else a fan of the show 30 [name]Rock[/name]? One scene in particular is hilarious to me, where a young woman tells her boss that she wants to get married and have babies because there is only a small window of opportunity where she can be a “young, hot mom”. She goes on to say that she already has the names picked out:

Bookcase
Sandstorm
[name]Hat[/name] - which she sees as more of a boy’s name…

Obviously, they are poking fun at young celebrities who name their children off-the-beaten-track names.

Following this “young, hot mom’s” trend, what would you use as baby names?

Mine:
Armoire (household item)
Chinook (weather phenomenon)
Pashmina (article of clothing, but mine is more of a girl’s name :))

I [name]LOVE[/name] 30 [name]Rock[/name]!

My “celebrity” baby names would be

boy - Kodak (I’m a film major)
and
girl - [name]Emerald[/name] (my birthstone and favorite gem)

Kodak is great!

I just watched that episode again yesterday! I love that scene so much. I love [name]Tina[/name] [name]Fey[/name]. Has anyone seen [name]Baby[/name] Mama? She pokes fun at crazy baby-naming in that movie too.

[name]LOVE[/name] 30 [name]Rock[/name]!

I would have…
Settee
Tsunami
Moonstone
Toque or Beanie

[name]Fedora[/name] for a girl, [name]Stetson[/name] for a boy.

Watch out, unicorngal–I could actually see those two catching on! I do know an English woman named [name]Feodora[/name] and her grandbaby was given the same name.

What a fun topic

For boys, Pencil and Dictionary

and for girls, [name]Fable[/name] and Sofa

Reminds me of baby name suggestion ‘Drizzle’ from the tv show ‘Glee’… (Makes me think maybe Glee would be a good name?)

Word names are my thing!
I’d use Loveday, [name]Winsome[/name], [name]Peony[/name] and [name]Starling[/name] for girls.
[name]Heron[/name], [name]Concord[/name], [name]Bravery[/name] and Harbour for boys.
Seriously, if I could get a hubby to agree… :slight_smile:

I think [name]Audio[/name]/Stereo/Video are all pretty cool for more crazy ones… The O ending is awsome!
I’m waiting for Deevydee to make an entrance though… or Seedee. Now that Abcde is a name it shouldn’t be long…

I think [name]Winsome[/name] and [name]Starling[/name] are adorable! And [name]Concord[/name] is a very cool name for a boy! You’ve obviously given this some thought! Deevydee and Seedee are hilarious, but I wouldn’t put it past some people to name their children these names! Reminds me of Espn…

Haha!!! I [name]LOVE[/name] 30 [name]Rock[/name], [name]Amaryllis[/name]!

My names:

household item: Since Armoire is taken, I think I’ll go with Faucet.
weather phenomenon: [name]Alberta[/name] Clipper
article of clothing: Apron, although Vest is pretty catchy, too.

Great topic! :slight_smile:

Haha!!! I [name]LOVE[/name] 30 [name]Rock[/name], [name]Amaryllis[/name]!

My names:

household item: Since Armoire is taken, I think I’ll go with Faucet.
weather phenomenon: [name]Alberta[/name] Clipper
article of clothing: Apron, although Vest is pretty catchy, too.

Great topic! :-)[/quote]

Faucet and Vest are great! Nice picks!

I have a shameful, secret love for the name [name]Media[/name].