baby names, lexington

I definetly want my baby to be named some form of Lexington, but I don’t know if I want to name him/her that exact name, as I am naming the baby after my very close family friend, that I’ve known my whole life, whose name is Lexington([name_u]Lex[/name_u]). I thought of naming it [name_f]Lexy[/name_f], if it was a girl, but that’s sort of a pet name ive always had for lex, so that might be a little weird (but still an option!!)… I need some ideas, but I don’t like alex, alexis, or anything like that.

Ps. our last name is [name_u]Holland[/name_u]

these are my ideas so far:

boy: Lexington [name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_u]Lexus[/name_u] [name_u]Holland[/name_u]

Girl: [name_f]Lexy[/name_f] [name_u]Holland[/name_u]
Lexington [name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_u]Lexus[/name_u] [name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_f]Lexa[/name_f] [name_u]Holland[/name_u]
Lexx [name_u]Holland[/name_u]
Or as a middle name?? ( ie. Pria Lexington [name_u]Holland[/name_u] ((girl)) or [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] Lexington [name_u]Holland[/name_u] ((boy))??) I don’t know. I would go with just plain
Lexington as the first name, but I don’t want to steal [name_u]Lex[/name_u]'s name from him, or get the two confused. any ideas would be appreciated… this name means a lot to me [name_u]Lex[/name_u] has been like my best friend since I was like 9… even though he’s 6 years older than me… his whole family is very close to mine, and he means a lot to me…

Sorry, but I strongly dislike Lexington as a first name. It might be because I’m from [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m], so it just sounds silly to be named after a street - kind of llike naming your kid Broadway. I also don’t like [name_u]Lexus[/name_u] - it feels like you’re trying to appear ritzy (I feel the same way about [name_u]Bentley[/name_u]).

Having said that, I think it has awesome middle name potential either in full or just [name_u]Lex[/name_u]. And I think it’s wonderful you are honoring somebody who means so much to you. :slight_smile: