Baby number 3 - Alice or Violet?

I have an [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] and [name_f]Theia[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. We’re trying to pick a name for our third coming in [name_u]October[/name_u].

We loved [name_f]Millie[/name_f] going into it (my middle name is [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and I liked the tie) but now we’re not feeling it. We’re leaning towards either [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. We love love love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Vi[/name_f] as a nn, but does it sound too close to [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]? [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is my grandmother’s name so I also would love to use that, but just can’t shake [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. Any other suggestions welcome too!!

2 Likes

I do prefer the sound of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Theia[/name_f]. It’s a beautiful name, and the honor makes it more wonderful.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourite is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] :cherry_blossom:

I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] such a sugary sweet vintage name that feels bright and nostalgic. I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] works just fine with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]! I actually know a sibling set that is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] + [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] they have no issues so I wouldn’t worry about that. I think if it was me I would go [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]!

7 Likes

i prefer violet here !! she’s a bit sparkly and magical, which feels just right with your set. i actually find alice and elliot to be more sound-alike than violet and elliot - the similarity didn’t even cross my mind. violet and theia are perfect as sisters !! if you don’t have a middle picked out already, you could go for violet alice as a combo, so you still get to honour your grandmother <3

3 Likes

I don’t think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] are similar. :blush: I prefer [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] sounds a bit like ‘violent’ with my accent. :sob: But I absolutely adore [name_f]Violet[/name_f], very pretty. Use the one you personally love more. :blush:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] best for you - bright, sharp and cool! I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] sound fine together. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] would make a lovely combo :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What lovely names, all of them! I don’t think you could go wrong with any!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] do sound similar, so if that is going to bother you may be better off with [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. Circling back to [name_f]Millie[/name_f] though, what if you did a more formal name and then did nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f]? [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] of course is a great choice, or you could do:
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
Camilla/Camille
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmaline[/name_f]
and of course classic [name_f]Millicent[/name_f]

Good luck and have fun!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! I do love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and feel more confident that it doesn’t sound too matchy matchy with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] now! And I think [name_f]Theia[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] sound like better sister names than [name_f]Theia[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Oh, I’m going to be in the minority and say that I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] are much too close for me - [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is lovely! [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]?

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] works better with the siblings.

2 Likes

They’re both gorgeous names.

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] does sound a little close to [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] with the -t ending, but I don’t think that’s a big deal at all. If you can’t shake [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and it’s the name that makes your heart sing, I would go for it!

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_f]Theia[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are beautiful! I think violet is sweet, spunky, sharp and cool, it’s so sweet on a baby/toddler, and will mature beautifully, both elegant and sophisticated as she grows.

I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] sounds better with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_f]Theia[/name_f], though i personally prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I also don’t think anyone will care or notice if [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] sounds close to [name_f]Violet[/name_f] to be honest.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] sounds marginally better but [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is more in keeping with the vintage-but-hip style of the others. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is a tad less interesting than your two others. So I would go for [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - or else [name_f]Ailis[/name_f] (AY-leesh) the [name_u]Irish[/name_u] of [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. Otherwise, yes possibly revive a [name_f]Millie[/name_f] name, though that could be close to [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] too with the similar sounds etc.

I do think [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are too close for siblings. They’d be too close if I were the one naming!

I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] :heart:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] matches the style better and I don’t think she’s too similar to [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is lovely!

I see the connection you’re making between [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] but I think they sound different enough to allow for a slight similarity in sound. Plus, I think the nickname [name_f]Vi[/name_f] is super cute and outdoes [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] are a tad too close, personally, but I don’t think it would be a big issue. I do prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as a sister to [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_f]Theia[/name_f]! Honestly, you can’t go wrong, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] are both lovely. If you don’t already have a middle chosen, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are both really pretty!

I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] works !

I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] way more than [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. The Viol in [name_f]Violet[/name_f] makes me think of the word violent, unfortunately. But it is a lovely flower and colour. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would compliment [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in the middle spot.