“Baby Sissy” is finally here and named

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] Home Kiralaine [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f]!

Our second child was finally born, a little sister for our daughter Marilise.

Similar to how we named our older daughter we wanted a three syllable name fit for a fantasy princess that also had some more familiar nickname options and used multiple family names in the middle. We were extremely indecisive with our shortlist but while I was in labor we managed to finally settle on her name. We ended up taking a shorter name from both our lists, [name_f]Kira[/name_f] and [name_f]Elaine[/name_f], and combined them into a name we could agree on.

48 Likes

Kiralaine is so pretty and striking! A perfect sister for Marilise. Congratulations :heartpulse:

5 Likes

congratulations, your girls have beautiful names!

1 Like

Congratulations :sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Oh, wow. I never expect to like invented names to much… but these are so delightful. :heart_eyes: They’re so princessy, you’re right! Totally stunning, and nickname potential off the charts. Sweet Kiralaine, welcome to the world. x

5 Likes

Congratulations!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::revolving_hearts: She has such a striking and beautiful name! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations :partying_face:
So pretty!

1 Like

OMG congrats! Such a cute name. [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world sweet Kiralaine :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations on your new baby girl! Your daughter’s names are so sweet, and they go so well together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

[name_f]Pretty[/name_f] and distinctive choice!! Congratulations!!

Congratulations - Kiralaine and Marilise sound so sweet and perfect together. I love how unique and striking each of them are.

1 Like

congratulations!! what beautiful names! welcome to the world, kiralaine :heart:

1 Like

Congrats on your little baby girl and the sweet name you chose​:purple_heart::purple_heart::partying_face:

Your daughters have stunning and unique names… [name_f]May[/name_f] I ask what were some boy name contenders?

Whoops, coming to this a little late, but, who cares?! :upside_down_face:

Big congratulations!!! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, Miss Kiralaine! :heart_eyes:

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply.

We don’t have any exact boy names on our lists yet but some saved for inspiration are Ian, Julian, Theon, Osvaldo (nn Ozzy), Emil, Azriel, Seraph, Quinnlin, Jamie, Emrys, Charles, Lafayette, Fabian, Gaetan, Evan, Eric, Magnus, Pascal, Wade, Valerian, Viridian. And I adore Regulus but my DH thinks that one is too much. So perhaps if we have a boy we’ll pull something together from these names?

3 Likes