Baby sister name needed! Which do you like more?

I’m expecting baby girl number 3 in 2 months and husband and I can’t decide between

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] or [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

Older sisters names are [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. We are considering using husbands middle name ([name_u]Lee[/name_u]) since older sisters share my first name as their middles.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]

Sophie Leigh or Vivienne Leigh (I’m open to different middle I don’t LOVE Lee/Leigh)

Sophie [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is lovely!!

3 Likes

Both sound beautiful. Whichever you choose, you can’t go wrong!

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback!

Thanks, I love both but they do have different feels to me…[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] feels soft where [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is strong yet elegant.
Maybe I won’t know until I meet her!?

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f], and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is beautiful!

1 Like

I love them both and they both go so well with your girls! You could definitely wait until you meet her, you can’t go wrong with either choice!!

1 Like

Both work perfectly with the sisters’ names. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is a little rhyme-y, which makes me want to vote [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. ([name_u]Vivien[/name_u] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] was the name of an old actress, so maybe that’s why it sounds right. I don’t know if that association would bother you or not, but it’s worth mentioning.)

Definitely can’t go wrong with either, but, again, I like the flow of [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha everything you stated has crossed my mind a million times (and I agree!) I was waiting to see if anyone else knew of the actress [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u], many friends and family of mine do not. It did bother me a little, but I want the middle to have meaning, and being that it’s a part of my husband’s, I let it slide.

Another fear I’m having is that [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/ [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] seems to be becoming more popular in my area (preschool age)

Any suggestions for different mn for [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]?
Husband is close to grandmother and she loves birds, I’ve considered [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]…

1 Like

I vote for [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u].

1 Like

Thank you for your vote!

Thank you, I appreciate your input!

I think [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is adorable!

Sophie [name_u]Lark[/name_u] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] are options… Or maybe something more unique like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Aderyn[/name_f]?

2 Likes

Stylistically, I think [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a natural fit with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f], but there’s just something about [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. She’s so timeless and full of life! Of the two options you have, [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is by far the more popular - she’s in the top 10 right now in the US. I think I would be inclined to choose [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f].

2 Likes

Oh really? I know [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is popular according to websites but I honestly do not know one [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]! Funny enough I just met another [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] down the street! It’s the fourth one this year :confused:

I really like [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], especially spelt like that. It’s very uncommon and elegant. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is very pretty too but it is quite common and she’ll share her name with a lot of classmates ( not that it’s a bad thing, just something to keep in mind)

1 Like

Thank you, I agree I like [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] spelled like this vs other forms, seems more romantic and soft. I must have a thing for [name_u]French[/name_u] which is why I also like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] as it’s the [name_u]French[/name_u] variation of [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].

French names are beautiful, I think [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is [name_u]French[/name_u] too

1 Like

My mistake! [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is in the top 10 (she’s at #5), whereas [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is in the top 100 (she’s at #98). [name_f]My[/name_f] brain tends to lump the two together.

Vivian is at #96, while [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is at #268.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into that for me!