Baby sister

Hello! We’re still trying to decide on baby sister name for [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] (Millie) and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (Tom). Which do you prefer from:

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] (Georgie)
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] is a family name we’d like to use, but would consider a different middle name if that helps.

I think [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] fits well with the older siblings, and like that it has a long version and nickname also. But worry Georgia/Georgina variants are becoming quite common (here in Australia anyway).
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] we think is very cute but not sure if it matches as well, and doesn’t really have the nickname options…

Thought? :blush:

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] fits in really well with the sibset! I’m in my mid-20s and went to school with a few Georgie’s/Georgia’s, but feel I haven’t seen as many younger children with the name?

As much as I like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and even the sounds of [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] I find the end a/start a can be a little bit of a mouthful.

1 Like

Both are lovely and I slightly prefer Phoebe!! I think it works fine with your kids!

[name_f]Bee[/name_f], Phee, [name_u]Pip[/name_u], [name_f]Bebe[/name_f] could be nn

1 Like

Hmm…

[name_f]My[/name_f] immediate thought was to go straight to using [name_f]Alice[/name_f] as a first name I think [name_f]Millicent[/name_f], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] & [name_f]Alice[/name_f] sound great together very classic. I do really love the idea of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] at this precise moment

Looking at your actual first name contenders my favourite is definitely [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Bee[/name_f]. Honestly [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is a gorgeous spunky name that feels bright and vibrant lovely choice and I like that she sounds unexpected (in a good way) with [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] & [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is perfect.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

2 Likes

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names! [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] is my favourite with siblings - [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_m]Tom[/name_m] & [name_u]Georgie[/name_u]. :sparkling_heart: I do personally love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] though & think the nn [name_f]Fifi[/name_f] would be quite sweet. I also like the suggestion of [name_f]Bee[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] :cherry_blossom: What a wonderful sibset!

1 Like

Georgina is so perfect with Millicent and Thomas!

1 Like

georgina works better imo!

1 Like

I do prefer [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]. I think it’s excellent with the siblings’ names!

1 Like

I’m in Australia and I don’t think [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] is becoming common at all! I actually don’t know any Georginas over here, but I knew 2 in the UK when I lived there. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is very common here but [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] has that extra “classy-ness” to it in my opinion :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] goes so wonderfully with [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]!

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone! I’m still undecided but possibly leaning towards [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]. Might have to try for a forth just so we can use both :rofl:

I’d go with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and I think it sounds nicer together than [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. I’m in NZ and have recently heard of A LOT of baby Georgia/Georgie’s- I’m guessing that what trends in NZ will soon be the case in Aussie and vice versa. Could be wrong on that one though- I’ve only been here a few years.

1 Like