Baby Surprise will be here soon!

We are in name trouble. We might be those people that leave the hospital with a nameless baby!

Here are our top choices (for today)

Boys (These have been harder for some reason)
Middle name will most likely be [name]Michael[/name]

[name]Charles[/name] “[name]Charlie[/name]”- Family name.
[name]Milo[/name] - [name]Will[/name] not use “[name]Michael[/name]” for a middle here. [name]Will[/name] probably use [name]Charles[/name].
[name]Leo[/name] - Our last name is long, italian, and ends in an o.
[name]Ryder[/name] - I love the nickname “[name]Ry[/name]”
[name]Oliver[/name] - too close to [name]Olivia[/name]?
[name]Henry[/name] - too stuffy?
[name]Archer[/name] - trendy?
[name]Ridley[/name] - As in “[name]Ridley[/name] [name]Scott[/name]”.
[name]River[/name] - My fave for years, but way too “hippyish” for many in my fam.

All right, I’ll leave it at those for now.

Our Girls: Middle name will most likely be [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] - Would the initials VD deter anyone?
[name]Scarlet[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] - just added this. Honors [name]Charles[/name] and I’ve been worried abut the trendiness factor of our top runner “[name]Violet[/name]”
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] - Sounds pretty with our long italian last name.
[name]Aquinnah[/name] “[name]Quinn[/name]” - This has special meaning to us, because it is a place we spent many summers.

Okay, I’ll stop for now. But we need some serious help! Thanks!

I vote for [name]Charles[/name] [name]Michael[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Aquinnah[/name]!

I vote for [name]Aquinnah[/name] “[name]Quinn[/name]” [name]Jane[/name]. I love names that have special meanings, plus you would not have to worry about popularity with [name]Aquinnah[/name]. Although, I like all of your girl names so whichever one you would pick will be great.

For boys, my favorites are [name]Archer[/name] and [name]River[/name], plus you can’t go wrong with [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name].

Good luck!

Boys :
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] - a handsome, versatile classic.
[name]Milo[/name] - I don’t think that it’s as stunning as some of your other options.
[name]Leo[/name] - I love, but perhaps too Italian with your last name?
[name]Ryder[/name] - this one is a little trendy for my taste.
[name]Oliver[/name] - I actually think that [name]Oliver[/name] is unexpected at the moment, due to the popularity of [name]Olivia[/name], and it is very handsome, with a nice sound. However, it is very popular here in [name]England[/name] at the moment.
[name]Henry[/name] - definitely not too stuffy! A handsome, fairly underused classic.
[name]Archer[/name] - this would be too trendy for my taste, because of the occupational names trend, if it weren’t for the vintage nn [name]Archie[/name]. I think that makes this one a great choice.
[name]Ridley[/name] - he’s a great director, but I’m not too keen on this one in first place.
[name]River[/name] - a little out there for a first name, in my opinion, but nevertheless handsome. Have you considered using this as a second middle name?

I vote for [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name], as it is very handsome and I think that it has the best flow, however I also love [name]Henry[/name]. Actually, I think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Michael[/name] works well, too.

Girls :
[name]Violet[/name] - getting popular, but absolutely beautiful. I wouldn’t let the initials put you off.
[name]Scarlet[/name] - also getting popular, but nice.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - I think the nn [name]Lottie[/name] is so sweet, and there is also the [name]Charlie[/name] option for a little tomboy, so this one is nice and versatile.
[name]Ruby[/name] - I can’t really get on board with this one … I prefer other stone names, like [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Opal[/name] and [name]Emerald[/name] (the latter ruined by the [name]Emma[/name] craze).
[name]Gemma[/name] - not my favourite.
[name]Aquinnah[/name] nn [name]Quinn[/name] - an unusual, pretty choice. It’s not normally my style, but it is nice that it has meaning to you.

I vote for [name]Aquinnah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Quinn[/name], as I think that it has the best flow of all of your options.

Good luck!

Boys (These have been harder for some reason)
Middle name will most likely be [name]Michael[/name]

[name]Charles[/name] “[name]Charlie[/name]”: I like it, but not really with [name]Michael[/name]. Popularity is also a bit of an issue, with [name]Charles[/name] at #63 and [name]Charlie[/name] at #307 and rising fast. [name]Charlie[/name] is also at #736–for girls.
[name]Milo[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it. I’m a bit worried about it with your last name though. What about [name]Miles[/name] nn [name]Milo[/name]?
[name]Leo[/name] - Ditto the part about the last name. What about [name]Leon[/name], [name]Lionel[/name], or [name]Leonardo[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name]?
[name]Ryder[/name] - a bit too trendy, a la [name]Riley[/name] and [name]Brayden[/name].
[name]Oliver[/name] - I love this name. :slight_smile: Why are you worried about [name]Olivia[/name], though?
[name]Henry[/name] - ok
[name]Archer[/name] - I don’t think it’s the trendiness you need to worry about, but the fact that it may be unisex soon. I prefer [name]Arthur[/name].
[name]Ridley[/name] - not my favorite
[name]River[/name] - Might make an awesome middle name, as would the Spanish [name]Rio[/name].

All right, I’ll leave it at those for now.

Our Girls: Middle name will most likely be [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] - I’m not worried about the initials, but I am worried about [name]Violet[/name]'s impending mega-popularity, and I don’t like how a name ending in “t” will sound with a last name beginning in D. I know I [name]Violet[/name] D. and I always find it hard to say her first and last name together.
[name]Scarlet[/name] - see [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] - unfortunately, this name is even more trendy than [name]Violet[/name]. See what I wrote about “t” endings for [name]Violet[/name].
[name]Ruby[/name] - Pretty but trendy. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Pearl[/name]?
[name]Gemma[/name] - This is a very pretty name, and I’m glad it sounds good with your last name. :slight_smile: I would suggest [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] over [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Jane[/name], since the latter seems too alliterative.
[name]Aquinnah[/name] “[name]Quinn[/name]” - I’ve never heard this name before, but I adore it, especially with the nickname [name]Quinn[/name]. [name]Unique[/name], beautiful, and it even has special meaning for you. My only worry is how [name]Quinn[/name] will sound with a mn like [name]Jane[/name], and how [name]Aquinnah[/name] will sound with [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Aquinnah[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name]?

I love [name]Ridley[/name] and [name]Aquinnah[/name]! Good luck!

Wow! I was just telling my mom the other day that I loved the girls names [name]Violet[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name]! And I’ve always had soft spots for [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name]! This is just creepy (but in a good way)! And I love your boys names too. I would probably go with [name]Milo[/name]. (It’s my dog’s name!) I think [name]Violet[/name] would be a safe pick right now in terms of trendiness. Give it another year or two and it will be everywhere. If you use it now, you’d be safe I think. Good luck!

For a boy I pick [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Archer[/name], and for a girl I pick [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Scarlet[/name] (though I would spell it “[name]Scarlett[/name]”). Best wishes!