Baby Sussex #2

Any ideas for what the newly announced second baby Sussex will be named? I really hope they honor [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] with this one’s name like they did for [name_u]Harry[/name_u] with [name_m]Harrison[/name_m].

6 Likes

Iam thinking a flower name if it’s a little girl. Maybe [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]? Hoping they will honour [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] or her mom with this baby.
For a little boy I have no clue.

3 Likes

I hope [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is a middle name if baby is a girl, with a first name to honour [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]’s family.

5 Likes

I think it’s interesting that [name_f]Diana[/name_f] and [name_f]Doria[/name_f] are such similar names. If it’s a girl, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for some variant/similar meaning to honour both mothers. I’d be really shocked if they straight-up went with [name_f]Diana[/name_f], it feels a little on-the-nose.

They did go with [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and not [name_m]Archibald[/name_m] nn [name_m]Archie[/name_m], so I expect to see a somewhat short and snappy classic with a modern feel. Maybe a little trendier than the average [name_u]Royal[/name_u] [name_u]Baby[/name_u] name.

With [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] being so public about her recent miscarriage (poor thing) they could have a nod to this baby being their [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f]. Like with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] as a middle name or something.

If it’s another boy I could see [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] being used, as a nod to [name_f]Diana[/name_f]’s maiden name. But the flow of [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] Mountbatten-[name_u]Windsor[/name_u] is a little meh, so maybe only as a middle.

5 Likes

They seem to take the meaning of their names quite seriously ([name_m]Archie[/name_m] being inspired by the Greek word [name_f]Arche[/name_f] which means ‘source of action’) so I reckon it will be significant to their lifestyle and philosophy. Maybe a name that means ‘healing’, ‘positive’ ’ or ‘nurturing’. They said they considered [name_m]Archibald[/name_m] for a second but then realised it sounded ridiculous so they’re most likely looking for a modern, unpretentious name.

If it’s a girl I think they will want to honour their mothers. [name_f]Diana[/name_f]’s middle name was [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Doria[/name_f]’s is [name_f]Loyce[/name_f], so maybe a [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] combination :laughing::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I don’t know too much about them but I wonder if they’d pick something like [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] with [name_f]Dot[/name_f] or [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] as a nickname. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] has a great meaning and would be a nice honor to [name_f]Doria[/name_f]. I could see [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and [name_f]Dodie[/name_f] being a charming sibset. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] would be an adorable name.

Something more modern and trendy like [name_m]Archie[/name_m]. I really can’t see them choosing a classic. Might include [name_f]Diana[/name_f] somewhere.

2 Likes

Boy:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Christian[/name_u], or [name_m]Albert[/name_m]

Girl:
[name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_u]Louise[/name_u], or [name_f]Anna[/name_f]

I’m already excited!
boys - [name_m]Monty[/name_m], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
girls - [name_u]Clem[/name_u], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_u]Devi[/name_u] (same meaning as [name_f]Diana[/name_f])

I’m placing my bets on [name_f]Doriana[/name_f]

1 Like

I love this suggestion! I think [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] might be in there somewhere for a boy (or even a girl). I would love them to use [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] as a nod to [name_f]Doria[/name_f], but I don’t think it’s quite their style.

A lot of the Archies I know have brothers named [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], so I’m going to throw that into the hat as well! [name_u]Milo[/name_u] or [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] would also be very cute.

For a girl, I do think they’re likely to use [name_f]Diana[/name_f] as a middle name. So maybe not a first name ending in A :thinking: Possibly something classic but current (in the UK) like [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]… [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe even [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], which feel a little less classic but would be perfect US/UK crossover names.

I’m excited to find out! :eyes:

5 Likes

I like [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_f]Dottie[/name_f], and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] would be a really great way to honor [name_f]Diana[/name_f] and I think work for both genders. [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] or [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] would be adorable! Throwing my hat in the ring with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], Leo, [name_m]Jack[/name_m], and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f].

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Diana[/name_f] will be somewhere in there.

Boys: I honestly have no idea :rofl: Maybe [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]?
Girls: [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f]

Wild guess for a girl:
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

Ella honoring the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] and MagnolIA honoring [name_f]Meghan[/name_f], her mom dorIA and dIAna

1 Like

I would guess short, spunky, and current (some of my ideas are leaning a little boho which I could see from them as well). If he wasn’t a [name_u]Harry[/name_u] with a [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] I would think [name_m]Hank[/name_m] would be really nice. Which led me to [name_m]Frank[/name_m] which led me to [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] which could be very cute on a boy or a girl, especially as an honor for [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. I would also love to see some kind of hidden (or not so hidden) meaning.

Boy: [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Beau[/name_u], [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u]/Finley, [name_m]Frank[/name_m], [name_u]Gus[/name_u], [name_u]Miles[/name_u], [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]
Girl: [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Frances[/name_f]/Frankie, [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Thea[/name_f]

3 Likes

Archie & [name_f]Delia[/name_f] would make an adorable sibset and loosely honor [name_f]Diana[/name_f] and [name_f]Doria[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]?

1 Like

Prince [name_u]Harry[/name_u] did say he liked [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] for a girl in an interview once lol. And of course they’ll include [name_f]Diana[/name_f] ( I would be very surprised if they didn’t use her name).
I can see them using the modern/classic type girl names. I’m thinking

Margot
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/Elle
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe they might go for a Greek or latin inspired name to match [name_m]Archie[/name_m].
Like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]?

Boys
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u] to honour [name_f]Doria[/name_f] maybe?
[name_u]Or[/name_u] something like [name_m]Archie[/name_m], for instance,
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]/Freddy
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]/Alfie
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]/Frankie
[name_u]James[/name_u]/Jamie
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]/Leo
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/Xander
[name_u]Or[/name_u] even [name_m]Charles[/name_m]/Charlie after [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m].
I personally would love it if they used the name [name_u]Spencer[/name_u].
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] was [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]’s maiden name. I think that would be so nice! [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] sound really nice together.

1 Like

Agree with others that [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] would probably be the first name if it’s a boy. For a girl, I actually think they might use [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] as a middle name since it’s [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] Markle’s actual first name. I kinda feel like they won’t use [name_f]Diana[/name_f] in the middle just because [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] already did so since she’s already been honored (and since [name_m]Archie[/name_m]’s middle name is after [name_u]Harry[/name_u]), [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] might want to use something from her side of the family.

1 Like

I think they are unlikely to choose [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - that name already “belongs” to [name_u]Harry[/name_u]’s uncle who princes don’t have a relationship, I think. It may be reason why they choose [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] - [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] after [name_u]Harry[/name_u] is less cheesy and less divisive than actual surname of “another”, but closely related, family they have scare relationships.
You got to keep that [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] is American raised and [name_u]Harry[/name_u] is British - although they speak same language and they are in love, that might influence they naming choice.

I think they might choose something honoring like its speculated [name_m]Archie[/name_m] honored [name_u]Harry[/name_u]’s friend, but we don’t know why they actually choose [name_m]Archie[/name_m].
I think [name_f]Frances[/name_f]/Francis might feel right as honoring, or [name_f]Rachael[/name_f], if they feel its right. I personally think [name_f]Rachael[/name_f] might be too similar in sound to [name_m]Archie[/name_m].

3 Likes

If it’s a girl, I would love to see [name_f]Marina[/name_f], after [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_u]Harry[/name_u]'s relative [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f]. It’s one of the lesser used royal names. But realistically, I don’t see [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] and [name_u]Harry[/name_u] choosing a traditional royal name, considering that they live in the US now and have left British royal life behind.

I think it will be something fairly short and simple, to match the style of [name_m]Archie[/name_m]. The baby’s surname will be very long (Mountbatten-[name_u]Windsor[/name_u]) so I don’t see them choosing a long name. I would suggest [name_u]Theo[/name_u] or [name_m]Leo[/name_m] for a boy, and [name_f]Maya[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] or [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] for a girl.

2 Likes