Baby Sussex #2

Ohhh, it just occurred to me that if they have another boy, they’d probably use [name_m]Mark[/name_m] as a first or middle as a nod to [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]’s last name, Markle. Seems their style since it’s along the same lines as using [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] for [name_u]Harry[/name_u]. Also, [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] would be cute for a girl since it’s a nickname for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (as is [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]) and matches stylistically with [name_m]Archie[/name_m].

1 Like

I think something like [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_u]Sidney[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] would be so sweet for a little girl. [name_u]Or[/name_u] something a bit more modern like [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. For a boy her grandfather was [name_m]Alvin[/name_m] so maybe [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Alvin[/name_m], [name_u]Sidney[/name_u], [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] or [name_m]Luke[/name_m] would be cute, also love [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]!!

Harriet would be naming her after her dad in a way. Not that I have a problem with it it’s an awesome name. It’s rather close to [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]? Maybe?
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] I think is pretty maybe [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] could be in there as it’s [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]’s first name. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] , [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] ?

Boy names I have no idea.

Boy: [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
Girl: [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]

Meghan and [name_u]Harry[/name_u] will likely choose another name with significant meaning that is approachable and free like [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]’s [name_u]California[/name_u] background but still feels sturdy and regal enough to be a member [name_u]Harry[/name_u]’s royal family. And it’ll have to be something they like the sound of in both accents!

My guess is it’ll be something along the lines of:

Eve
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

Oliver
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] (of course!)

I like the [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] suggestion

I’ve starred the ones that feel most like their style

names that are in some sense traditional with a modern twist/feeling like [name_m]Archie[/name_m]:

Edie
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] *
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]/Francesca nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]

Theo
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] *
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

Then there could be potential that they use a black history name? Maybe something along the lines of…

Clementine
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] (again)
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] *
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] or [name_f]May[/name_f]?
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]

Sidney nn [name_u]Sid[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u] *

then potential honour names…

Spencer
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]/Francesca
Maybe as a [name_f]Diana[/name_f] honour they might use another [name_m]Roman[/name_m] mythology name? [name_u]Or[/name_u] another moon name?
[name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess name that comes to mind: [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
Similar meaning to [name_f]Diana[/name_f]: [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Moon[/name_f] related: [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Doria[/name_f] honours: any [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] related names eg [name_f]Dora[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] etc
maybe also [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] as a middle because it rhymes?

1 Like

I feel like [name_u]Harry[/name_u] might be more likely to go for “normal” British names like he did with [name_m]Archie[/name_m] - having been in the army and all, and they’ve stepped away from being royals, so will feel no obligation to use classic names.

Princess [name_u]Anne[/name_u]’s children have opted for quite modern names, and I feel like [name_u]Harry[/name_u] is more in line with that naming style than [name_m]Will[/name_m] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] or [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f].

Due to current great-grandchildren of the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] I would be surprised if they went for:
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_u]George[/name_u], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f] or [name_f]Lena[/name_f].

I wouldn’t be surprised by:
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f] (particularly given [name_f]Diana[/name_f]), [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - for girls

or

Alfie, [name_u]Bertie[/name_u], [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], [name_m]Eddie[/name_m], [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Bobby[/name_u], [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] or [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] - for boys.

1 Like

Thought this was fitting

1 Like

Baby Sussex is a girl- any thoughts on her name?

1 Like

Definitely not something royal related. Iam still guessing something flowery, and honouring [name_f]Diana[/name_f] or Meghans mom in the middle spot. I would love something like Daisy Diana.

I definitely think it’ll be more modern like [name_m]Archie[/name_m], with the middle name [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. I like the idea of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]… I think it goes well with [name_m]Archie[/name_m]. I like [name_f]Doriana[/name_f] as a middle name option as well but couldn’t see them being that adventurous with mashing up [name_f]Doria[/name_f] and [name_f]Diana[/name_f].

1 Like

Seeing as [name_m]Archie[/name_m]’s name has a lot of significance ([name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] (brave, [name_u]Harry[/name_u]’s son)), I believe they are going to go with a first name that has a special trait meaning to them, like kindness, and a honorary middle name to [name_f]Diana[/name_f], perhaps a twist on her middle name, [name_f]Frances[/name_f].

Ellis [name_f]Francine[/name_f]

Ellis means benevolent (kindly, also charitable)
[name_f]Francine[/name_f], a nod to [name_f]Frances[/name_f], means free man, which their freedom is very important to them

4 Likes

I’m in love with the idea of them using [name_f]Frances[/name_f]/Francine and calling the baby [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]. Perhaps they’d just use [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], as [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is strictly [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and not [name_m]Archibald[/name_m]?

My ideas for them are:
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]

With [name_f]Diana[/name_f] or [name_f]Frances[/name_f] as the middle name.

There are some good ideas here to honour [name_f]Diana[/name_f], but I feel like they’ll use a direct honour.

Archie’s middle name is [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]. [name_u]Harry[/name_u]-son. Not creative or stretch.

1 Like

I feel they might choose something cute, short, but significant. Something like [name_m]Archie[/name_m] & [name_f]Frances[/name_f] or [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u].
I have my doubts whether or not they will use [name_f]Diana[/name_f] in middle spot, I feel like [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is bit too stuffy for them and they love Greek language it seems, so [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] or [name_f]Frances[/name_f] sounds better than [name_f]Diana[/name_f]

Otherwise, I think if they want something they like I feel [name_m]Archie[/name_m] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Anya[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] or [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] might be cuter than [name_f]Diana[/name_f] or [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
I think [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Megan[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] might work for them or [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u].

I’m hoping a combination that honours their mothers:

Francesca [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] ([name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] & [name_f]Doria[/name_f] [name_f]Loyce[/name_f]), [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] also means free man or freedom, which is very fitting of their current plight

But I also think they might want to honour [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] seeing as they honoured [name_u]Harry[/name_u] with [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]. I remember once it was recorded that [name_u]Harry[/name_u] referred to her as ‘M’ so maybe…
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] - means universal “service is universal”, is popular in both US & UK, is both classic and modern, fits with [name_m]Archie[/name_m]

I can also seeing them wanting to honour the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] with a modern variation of her name, maybe [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

I’m hoping for:
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] ([name_f]Pearl[/name_f] being one of the meanings of [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]/Margaret)
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Maia[/name_f] ([name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is of Greek origin like [name_m]Archie[/name_m]/Arche and means life, [name_f]Maia[/name_f] means mother and has elements of [name_f]Meghan[/name_f], [name_f]Doria[/name_f] & [name_f]Diana[/name_f] within it)

Stick with me. My wild guess is Poppy Diana.

It’s California’s state flower (so a nod to Meghan’s home state), they also wear poppies to Remembrance Day (shoutout to Harry’s history with the UK Armed Forces), it’s short and spunky (like Archie), and it’s pretty popular in the UK while definitely starting to gain some traction here in the US.

It’s PERFECT.

16 Likes

Ooh @AriaL great guess! If that’s not it, it should be :grin:

1 Like