Baby Wednesday Grint

Hey everyone , I’ve just seen [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] Grint Instagram post and he named his baby girl [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]… how do we feel about days of the week as baby names? I like some to be honest. The two that draw me in are [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. But I want to know everyone’s opinions. What middle names would you put with them how you think they would age etc…
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is well.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please see the following thread.

4 Likes

Hmm. I am a [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]’s child. If we are to go off the nursery rhyme. [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]’s child full of woe. I also think of [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] [name_m]Adams[/name_m]. It is not my favourite day of the week name. I do really like [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] however. NN sonny.

1 Like

I like
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]
[name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]

And am coming around to
[name_f]Monday[/name_f]
[name_m]Thursday[/name_m]

The only time they slightly bug me is when it’s the same day the baby was born on. Same goes for month & season names for me.

5 Likes

I love days as names! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] and [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f].

1 Like

Hahaha Iam the exact opposite. They bug me a lot when they don’t match the day/month they are born.

2 Likes

Same lol

1 Like

Cool,what middle names would you chose?

I think they have a beautiful appeal, [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] is such a cute name for a little girl and I can see a [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] and a [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f], really anything goes, it reminds me of month names, [name_u]January[/name_u] was very common way back than but now it’s rare compared to [name_f]April[/name_f] or [name_f]May[/name_f] that stayed!

1 Like

Sunday is my absolute favourite, but I also like [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] and [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I think a classic middle name works beautifully with a day of the week name - I have had [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] on my list before :slight_smile: I also like something like [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]!

I personally feel like any name can age well though - names grow with the person, imo.

2 Likes

Day of the week names are cool! I love [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] especially. Perfectly quirky.

1 Like

I love the concept and sound of the name Wednesday— and the connection to Wednesday Addams is a plus for me as I LOVE The Addams Family. However, I knew someone with that name who was, to put it lightly… not my favorite person, so I have fairly strong negative associations with it and wouldn’t use it myself. That said, I still think it’s an adorable name and one of my favorite “celeb baby” names I’ve heard in a while.

Funnily enough, I don’t really care for any of the other “day of the week” names, except maybe for Saturday and that I’m admittedly undecided on.

1 Like

I’m not the biggest fan of day names but have to admit that [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is cute.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] & [name_m]Saturday[/name_m], to some extent. I HATE [name_m]Friday[/name_m], & the rest are meh. No, I feel like [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] Grint would have been better with a different name.

Not trying to suggest anything really, but I feel like [name_f]Ronalda[/name_f] or [name_f]Rhonda[/name_f] would work? Like, he got famous for playing RONALD Weasley in HP, so why not honor that fame to begin with?

1 Like

Reminds me of [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] Addams and I kind of love it for that!! :heart:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], and seeing it used on a real human baby gave me so much joy!

1 Like