Baby Wren needs a middle name

So we had our baby 4 weeks ago today and easily decided on the name [name]Wren[/name] for her. It was the top name on our list for pretty much all of my pregnancy. Problem is we haven’t yet decided on a mn for her and need to do so soon in order to register her birth.
Our last name is [name]Lockie[/name]
Current forerunners are:
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Maeva[/name] (may-va)
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Mavis[/name] (this is my mother’s mn as well)
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Wren[/name] Miette (me-ette)

My other favorite girls name is [name]Gloria[/name] but I’ve talked myself out of it for a middle name as I don’t think it flows great with [name]Wren[/name].

Any thoughts?

I think [name]Wren[/name] [name]Maeva[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mavis[/name] flow the best but my favourite is [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]. Congrats on [name]Wren[/name]! She has a gorgeous name:)

Congratulations on your baby girl! I think that [name]Wren[/name] is a beautiful name.:slight_smile: From your list, I really love [name]Mabel[/name], but because your last name begins with an L, the Ls in both names get cancelled out when I say [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Lockie[/name] out loud. I honestly think you need a longer middle name for the flow.

You may like:

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] (oops…never mind…It runs together with your last name)
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggstions. I thought about a longer middle name too and had [name]Elouise[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], and [name]Angelina[/name] on the list but I feel funny giving her a name which is similar to mine. We also had [name]Simone[/name] on the list but my husband also doesn’t want to feel she is named after him.
The other option that I liked was [name]Avianna[/name] but I don’t think my husband liked it judging by the look on his face when he heard it!

Of your options, I love [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mavis[/name]!

ditto!

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Mabel[/name] or [name]Wren[/name] Miette

Maybe knowing the meanings of each will help…

[name]Maeva[/name] (assuming this is from [name]Maeve[/name]) : an intoxicating woman
[name]Mavis[/name] : resembling a songbird
[name]Mabel[/name]: one who is lovable
Miette: a petite, sweet young woman

Soundwise, I feel like [name]Wren[/name] Miette is a little abrupt… meaning wise, I prefer [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mavis[/name] or [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mabel[/name].

Taken off Wikipedia, wrens are “mainly small and inconspicuous, except for their loud and often complex songs”… the thing is, this makes [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mavis[/name] perfect for an actual [name]Wren[/name] (the bird)…

So, by process of elimination, I feel that really leaves you with [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]. Like you can’t go wrong with that… can you?

Also, what if [name]Wren[/name] became a second name? Then you don’t have to dump [name]Gloria[/name].

[name]Gloria[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Glory[/name]

What do you think?

I think [name]Wren[/name] [name]Maeva[/name] sounds the best.

Maybe knowing the meanings of each will help…

[name]Maeva[/name] (assuming this is from [name]Maeve[/name]) : an intoxicating woman
[name]Mavis[/name] : resembling a songbird
[name]Mabel[/name]: one who is lovable
Miette: a petite, sweet young woman

Soundwise, I feel like [name]Wren[/name] Miette is a little abrupt… meaning wise, I prefer [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mavis[/name] or [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mabel[/name].

Taken off Wikipedia, wrens are “mainly small and inconspicuous, except for their loud and often complex songs”… the thing is, this makes [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mavis[/name] perfect for an actual [name]Wren[/name] (the bird)…

So, by process of elimination, I feel that really leaves you with [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]. Like you can’t go wrong with that… can you?

Also, what if [name]Wren[/name] became a second name? Then you don’t have to dump [name]Gloria[/name].

[name]Gloria[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Glory[/name]

What do you think?[/quote]
Unfortunately after 4 weeks of calling her [name]Wren[/name] and telling everyone that’s her name, we are not going to change it now.

I’ve also researched all the meanings of the names and none of them put me off the actual names. I wondered aloud to my husband about the name [name]Wren[/name] [name]Mavis[/name] as essentially the names are very similar in meaning and it might be a bit weird to name her song bird, song thrush but he said [name]Mavis[/name] is a family name and most people wouldn’t know that anyway. We thought [name]Maeva[/name] had a similar sound and the meaning didn’t bother us (it is from the Irish name [name]Maeve[/name] and my husbands background is Irish).
I agree about how abrupt [name]Wren[/name] Miette sounds but my husband loved the name on the City of Lost Children character.
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Mabel[/name] is a good choice for the meaning but as another said, perhaps the L at the end runs into the L at the beginning of our last name.
I feel I am totally overanalyzing things and if I let my husband have his way the name would have been chosen right after she was born…and it would have been [name]Wren[/name] [name]Gloria[/name] as those were our 2 favorite names but when she was born I was missing my own mother and suggested we consider [name]Mavis[/name] as well and this consideration has turned into a month long thing with [name]Gloria[/name] disappearing off the list and about a dozen new suggestions!

What about [name]Wren[/name] [name]Gloria[/name] [name]Mavis[/name]? I love how [name]Gloria[/name] honors your mom, and perhaps you may like it better with [name]Wren[/name] if you add a second middle?

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Gloria[/name] sounds very cheerful and bright to me, and it clearly has deep meaning for you.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Gloria[/name] [name]Wren[/name], it flows great and you could just call her [name]Wren[/name].

Update: for [name]Wren[/name]'s one month birthday we gave her a middle name. We went with [name]Maeva[/name]. I talked to my mom (the bearer of the mn [name]Mavis[/name]) and she liked [name]Maeva[/name] too. She was also delighted to find out that [name]Wren[/name] and [name]Mavis[/name] both have very similar meanings because she thought that made [name]Wren[/name] a namesake too :slight_smile:

What a beautiful name!

I really like your choice. [name]Wren[/name] [name]Maeva[/name] is a very pretty combo.

Congratulations! [name]Wren[/name] [name]Maeva[/name] is gorgeous:) I’m sure she is just as delightful as her name!

• [name]Charlie[/name]