Babygirlname frustrated

Naming a baby aint fun because it not you that really gets to decide…
Was going ot name her [name]Eve[/name] but got tired already of the joke when they see my son is he [name]Adam[/name]? Should I have not cared about that so much? I do like the name [name]Eve[/name]. Then settled on [name]Megan[/name] [name]Abigail[/name], but I like it said [name]Maygen[/name] not mehgan- my mil pronounces it mehgan, I repeat maygen and she says it her way. ([name]Just[/name] like [name]Colette[/name]- I pronounced it [name]Cole[/name]-ette and she said it col-ette like a soft o in octipus.) But now husband is saying it funny. So I guess I am just having a commitment issue with [name]Megan[/name]. I like the name but it is I guess basic and I wanted the perfect pretty name for her. I guess I could get over having to hear mehgan or maygen. Other name we liked was [name]Chloe[/name] but that name could be for a dog…
I also like [name]Hailey[/name] but that my friends daughters name.
What do you picture with a [name]Dylan[/name]. I am blonde green eyed and pale, son is red head and hazel eyes and pale, and dh is tall tan and dark brown hair with brown eyes.

My husband is irritated I keep changing the name- the prob is he only likes a few- none of my favs. I think thats why i am irritated because I compromise so much.

Plus is [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Megan[/name] too much “n”, will another potential child need an “n” ending like [name]Caden[/name] etc?

While I like [name]Eve[/name], I completely understand the “I just dont want to be bothered hearing this joke from people forever…” [name]Even[/name] if it’s something seemingly innocent. (I adore the name [name]Liza[/name] but my husband cannot get over the [name]Liza[/name] Minnelli connection, not worth it.)

[name]Megan[/name] is a tough one, you can fight back the Mehgan pronunciation, but a lot of people will still use it and you wont always be there to correct as time goes on. Another “Ugh is this worth it?” [name]Do[/name] you like the “[name]May[/name]” part? Maybe another [name]May[/name] name…[name]Maeve[/name] or plain old [name]Mae[/name] (which I adore). [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Mae[/name]?

[name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] is actually lovely
[name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Colleen[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Maren[/name]

[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Anna[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Willa[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Bella[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Isla[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Jemma[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Emmaline[/name]

Maybe you could change up [name]Eve[/name] slightly and go with [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Yvette[/name] instead? It keeps a similar sound but avoids that joke, and I think both of those are beautiful names. To be blunt with you, no one is ever going to pronounce [name]Megan[/name] the way that you want. The way your mother-in-law says it is the accepted way by almost everyone in the U.S., so if you can’t live with that, scrap the name.

What about [name]Kailey[/name]? You get the Kuh sound from [name]Chloe[/name], and the ailey sound from [name]Hailey[/name].

[name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Kailey[/name] works well.

[name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Megan[/name] is fine.
I know a [name]Sheldon[/name] and [name]Meghan[/name] sibset.

I think [name]Eve[/name] is so pretty, I would still use it. Or maybe [name]Eva[/name], [name]Evie[/name] or [name]Evelyn[/name]. I think [name]Megan[/name] works with [name]Dylan[/name], not too much ‘n’, but I sort of feel the same way that it is basic and not really something special. I really love the combo of [name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Isla[/name] or [name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Evelyn[/name].

I had a student in class whose name was Meegan. They obviously wanted the long e sound and spelled it naturally so. If you want people to pronounce it the way you hear it in your head, spell it that way. No law says you cannot spell her name [name]Maygan[/name]. [name]Eva[/name] is a pretty alternative to [name]Eve[/name]. [name]Ella[/name] is close and pretty. [name]Emma[/name] is also close and pretty. You sould also go with [name]Ava[/name] if you don’t want people pronouncing [name]Eva[/name] with a long e. While it is nice to have complimenting names with siblings, it isn’t necessary at all. I know so many parents who choose random mix match names for their children. Make sure it is something you like, you can live with, and you and your spouse/partner agree on.