Baby's almost here! Final names--what impression do you get?

Our baby girl could come any day now. And I’m still undecided about her name. Can you tell me which name you like the best and which impression the name gives you? (Girly, Artistic, Trendy, etc.)

Thanks for your help!

[name]Isobel[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name]–not sure if the first spelling looks too much like a typo
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]

Also, I’d love some one-syllable suggestions for middle names. So far we like [name]Jeanne[/name] (my name), [name]Elle[/name] and [name]Leigh[/name]. Any other thoughts?

I like [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name]. I find the [name]Isobel[/name] spelling spunkier than the [name]Isabel[/name] spelling.

As for your other mn choices, I think [name]Elle[/name] blends in a bit with [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Evangeline[/name]. [name]Leigh[/name] blends with [name]Isobel[/name], and I find [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] a bit of a tongue twister.

Good luck!

I like [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Elle[/name], or [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name]!

Good luck!

Thanks labmama and zaelia.

I like both of your picks. I’m glad to hear you like [name]Isobel[/name] better than [name]Isabel[/name]. I was a little concerned that the scottish spelling might look a little too krE8tive. [name]Glad[/name] that’s not the case. Also, I love [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Elle[/name], labmama. That’s probably my favorite right now.

Husband’s pick is [name]Evangeline[/name], but I can’t come up with a good middle name for it. Any thoughts?

Here are my name combos right now:
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Elle[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] ???

I’m not totally sold on [name]Jeanne[/name] as a middle name either, so if you have other ideas, let me know.

Thanks!

[name]Isobel[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name] - will be one of a million at this point. A lovely name though.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - could see this becoming like [name]Isabel[/name].
[name]Vivienne[/name] - for some reason, I don’t see this one tied to any stereotype - which is a good thing.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - way too frilly-girly for me.

[name]Elle[/name] doesn’t seem solid enough as a middle name for me, and I think with the names you have picked out you need an “anchoring” one. I wouldn’t use [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Leigh[/name], as she was the famous actress for Gone With the Wind. Other suggestions:

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]

All are lovely choices!

[name]Isobel[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name]-- I like [name]Isabel[/name] over [name]Isobel[/name]. This strikes me as a super girly girl name. But the NM [name]Izzy[/name] can jazz it up a bit.
[name]Vivienne[/name] -Sophisticated possibly shy
[name]Evangeline[/name]- Trendy and bubbly.

[name]Vivienne[/name] is my fave of the group.

I think [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Jayne[/name] is a good alternative to [name]Jeanne[/name].

[name]Isobel[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name] - Pretty, but the -bell’s are getting really trendy.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - Pretty, but quite common. I know one baby [name]Charlotte[/name].
[name]Vivienne[/name] - My favorite by far: cute for a girl, but can be mature/elegant for a woman.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - Pretty, but I hear “evangelist” when I read this name.

or
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
or
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

<3

My favourite among your combos is [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] … So pretty.

I love [name]Isobel[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name]. I really prefer it spelt [name]Isabelle[/name] but I don’t think [name]Isobel[/name] is too kre8tive.

[name]Vivienne[/name] is very pretty… just make sure you don’t mind the [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] (Personally, I don’t think it’s an issue)

I agree with garnet that [name]Evangeline[/name] is a little over the top for my taste.

[name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name] are my 2 favorites from your list. Here are some mn ideas:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]June[/name]

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

[name]Isobel[/name]- I would with this spelling if you do name your baby girl this. [name]Isobel[/name] is a new and sophisticated way of spelling the name. Also, [name]Isobel[/name] is THE most popular baby name of today, so if you could give the name a refresher/updating I would go with this spelling. [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]/[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]- I adore the name [name]Charlotte[/name], I love the multiple nicknames that are associated to it, such as [name]Charlie[/name] & [name]Lottie[/name]. I like this name a lot and I feel that it’s a more cute and delicate name. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name]/[name]Grace[/name]/[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]- I don’t like this spelling. When I see it, I don’t know exactly how to pronounce it. [name]Vivien[/name]/[name]Vivian[/name] is a lot easier to spell and pronounce. This name isn’t my favorite, but it’s not bad. Please stay clear of the name [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Leigh[/name], because that is the infamous actress who played [name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name] in Gone with the Wind . [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Grace[/name]/[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]- This name has a grace and beauty all it’s own. It’s rarely used, but I feel it could make a comeback. The aura of this name is heavenly and whenever I hear I think of an angel. This would be my pick for you! [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Beth[/name]/[name]Kate[/name]

[name]Isobel[/name] – if [name]Isabella[/name] weren’t so hugely popular (and thus destined to be old hat by the time I have kids), [name]Isobel[/name] would be a strong contender. [name]Even[/name] with the popularity, this spelling is distinctive yet legitimate, and I think the sassyist of them.

[name]Charlotte[/name] - [name]Charlotte[/name] is pretty popular too, but I think a little more classic and familiar. I do like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name] best of your combinations.

[name]Vivienne[/name] – This name seems a little grown up to me, but we spend most of out live being grown up, so that’s probably a good thing. It’s certainly the most distinctive of your options. If [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] wasn’t a person, I think I’d love that combination. I like this spelling best, although the others are perfectly lovely.

[name]Evangeline[/name] – Despite the evangelist connotations, I quite like the sound of this name. It is a bit frilly but there are a lot of nn possibilities to tame it.

You seem to have chosen mostly monosyllabic middle name options, so I combed my list and my memory for a few other possibilities. [name]How[/name] about: [name]Belle[/name], [name]Bess[/name], [name]Cait[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Faye[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Lark[/name], [name]Liv[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Tess[/name], [name]Wren[/name]?

You could also get two for the price of one and use [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Isobel[/name], or [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] (my favourite combinations of your names).

hello,

I’ve always loved the name [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. All the names you’ve chosen are pretty but [name]Evangeline[/name] for me stands out as a front runner.

hope all these suggestions help ! :smiley:

[name]Evangeline[/name] is a beautiful name.
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lily[/name] (too Lost?) but really lovely
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Mariella[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]

[name]Isobel[/name] - [name]Isobel[/name] is a legitimate Scottish variation of [name]Isabel[/name], and it’s my personal favorite. It doesn’t change the popularity of the name itself, however. She will still probably be called [name]Isobel[/name] B. in a class with [name]Isabelle[/name] C. and [name]Isabel[/name] F. It is very pretty, though, I understand why everyone likes it.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - Very cute and classy. [name]Love[/name] the nickname [name]Lottie[/name]. It is a tad popular though.
[name]Vivienne[/name] - Too [name]Angelina[/name] & [name]Brad[/name] for me, but it’s nice.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - I love [name]Evangeline[/name]. I think it’s cute and sweet in a spunky kind of way if that makes any sense.

What about [name]Ruth[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name]?

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Isobel[/name] - [name]Isobel[/name] is a legitimate Scottish variation of [name]Isabel[/name], and it’s my personal favorite. It doesn’t change the popularity of the name itself, however. She will still probably be called [name]Isobel[/name] B. in a class with [name]Isabelle[/name] C. and [name]Isabel[/name] F. It is very pretty, though, I understand why everyone likes it.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - Very cute and classy. [name]Love[/name] the nickname [name]Lottie[/name]. It is a tad popular though.
[name]Vivienne[/name] - Too [name]Angelina[/name] & [name]Brad[/name] for me, but it’s nice.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - I love [name]Evangeline[/name]. I think it’s cute and sweet in a spunky kind of way if that makes any sense.

What about [name]Ruth[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name]?

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]June[/name]

[name]Isobel[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name]-- If you really love this name, I’d go with [name]Isobel[/name]. It’s much less common and the name encounters spelling issues nonetheless ([name]Isabelle[/name] vs [name]Isabel[/name], etc). However, this name is supremely popular, especially compared to the other names on your list. I have a feeling it’s the [name]Jennifer[/name] of this generation. I currently work at a summer day camp, my girls are entering 1st grade, and I have three [name]Isabel/names in my group (two are [name]Isabelle[/name], one is [name]Isabel[/name]). They all like being called [name]Izzy[/name] and we need to use last initials. So we have [name]Izzy[/name] X, [name]Izzy[/name] Y, [name]Izzy[/name] Z. There’s also two [name]Isabella[/name]'s in our division. So if it’s your absolute favorite, go for it (and pair it with an uncommon middle. There are probably millions of [name]Isobel[/name] Leighs out there. But I’d be wary of the popularity.

[name]Charlotte[/name] - Oh [name]Charlotte[/name]. I love this name so much. But my cousin just used it for her daughter! So it’s out for me. But it’s lovely and not too popular, but still classic. She can go by [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name] or Lo. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] is fabulous. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name] would be nice as well.

[name]Vivienne[/name] - Pretty and glamorous. Reminds me of a french movie star. I wouldn’t pair it with [name]Leigh[/name] (lol), but with [name]Elle[/name] it’s nice and has even more french flair. Keep in mind it’s been labeled a celebrity name, which can make it jump in popularity.

[name]Evangeline[/name] - I go back and forth between really loving this name and being eh about it. I love it because it has lots of nicknames, is elegant and feminine without being frilly and has vintage charm to it. However I also worry that it’s a mouthful and is maybe too stuffy and not yet ready for use. But I usually end up deciding that the pros outweigh the cons. [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Elle[/name] is pretty.

So my choices for you would be: [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Leigh[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Elle[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Elle[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Isobel[/name] is beautiful, but no matter how you spell it, it’s a popular name. I wouldn’t use it. [name]How[/name] about…

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Dawn[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Fae[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I love [name]Isobel[/name], no matter how popular it becomes, and [name]Charlotte[/name] is always such a classic name that spans a girl’s lifetime. [name]Vivienne[/name] is very frilly to me, not really my taste. [name]Evangeline[/name]–I’ve met 3 under 2 and in each case it seems such a big name for such little girls, but I imagine it grows well and has lots of nn possibilities.

Depending on your last name’s length, what about [name]Jeanette[/name] as a middle name? 2 syllables instead of one, but keeps the honorific of [name]Jeanne[/name]–little jeanne. I think it would work very well with [name]Isobel[/name] or [name]Vivienne[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] to me is always “[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ann[/name]” like the song, so I can’t get past that, but since [name]Charlotte[/name] is a relatively straightforward name, though feminine, you could go with a more frilly middle name if you wanted. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elyse[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (I know, berries are over that name, but it works with classics like [name]Charlotte[/name] SO WELL!!).

Thanks for the advice everyone! By the way, my last name is Scottish, starts with an A and has 3 syllables, which is why I’m hesitating with the names. They’re all quite long, aren’t they?

I’m still a little torn, unfortunately. But here’s where I’ve netted out so far:

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name] or [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] or [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] (ev-an-ja-line)

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]

[name]Eve[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (A shorter way to get to the nn [name]Evie[/name], but not sure it flows so well)

[b][name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] /b or [name]Ava[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (after my aunt [name]Carla[/name]) (Wayyyyy popular I know, but I like the name. Arghh.

What gets your vote now?

[name]Hi[/name]! From what I’m reading, it seems to me that you have deep love for [name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]… maybe I’m wrong?

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] gets my vote, it’s feminine, sophisticated, yet I can definitely picture a little [name]Vivienne[/name]! (:

If I had to pick a second, I would say [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], because that’s what I think YOU like the most.