Baby's Coming Tomorrow, and I'm Having Serious Name Anxiety

See the results of this poll: Which Name Do You Like Best?

Respondents: 72 (This poll is closed)

• Layla Elizabeth : 14 (19%)
  • Mila Elisabeth : 17 (24%)
  • Lucy Eliza : 7 (10%)
  • Lucy Elisabeth : 28 (39%)
  • Eva Elizabeth: 6 (8%)

I like them all. [name]Layla[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds the best to me. I don’t think its too out there. They are all lovely names so you can’t go wrong with any of them.

I agree with townsend2787. I voted for [name]Layla[/name] though because it’s been a favorite of mine for so long. [name]Mila[/name] is a kind of recent favorite as well but seems to be really growing in popularity. At least on name boards, it is. Not sure how many are actually using it.

I vote for [name]Mila[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]. It’s an unusual name but still accessible. [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Eva[/name] are tied for second. I’m not terribly fond of [name]Layla[/name] - I still think it has sort of a ditzy connotation, whereas [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Eva[/name] have a more sophisticated, traditional sound to me. Good luck!

Aww congrats! I am sure it is completely normal to have last minute naming jitters… all the names on your list are beautiful! I voted for [name]Mila[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name], I have never been a fan of the [name]Layla[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Lily[/name] thing. I do think its a very pretty name though, just nms. I love [name]Eva[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] too btw, but you don’t seem very sold on that one :slight_smile:

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. [name]Just[/name] wait until you see her and maybe it will become more clear (try to shut out all the outside factors, don’t over think it, just go with your gut). Also, there is NOTHING wrong with waiting a few days or even many weeks to settle on a name! I can tell you from experience that if you aren’t feeling 100% sure in your gut that you have chosen the right name, give it more time.

I voted for [name]Mila[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] but prefer the [name]Milla[/name] spelling - this is my daughters name.

I voted for [name]Mila[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] for its lovely flow. I like [name]Layla[/name] but not this phonetic spelling. Have you considered [name]Leila[/name] or [name]Lila[/name]? [name]Don[/name]'t worry about names being different from what your family is used to hearing. A little spice in life is good! :slight_smile: [name]Just[/name] pick a name you love! Good luck and let us know she’s here!

i voted for [name]Layla[/name] but I like all of them. I think [name]Eva[/name] would be my second choice. [name]Layla[/name] is not actually uncommon (it’s a top 100 name at least in 2010) although to your family’s ears it may sound unusual. but I wouldn’t worry about that.

[name]Lucy[/name] is one of my absolute favorites, so I voted for [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]. I like all the names, though, except for [name]Layla[/name], which I find not quite as classy as the other options and too “L” heavy when paired with [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Fingers crossed that you’ll look at your baby girl and just know which name is meant to be hers!

I think out of your top names I prefer [name]Mila[/name] or [name]Eva[/name]

But I think any of them would be lovely, maybe wait and see what she looks like?

[name]Lucy[/name] is a super cute name! and I love the spelling of [name]Elizabeth[/name] with an s. so classy!

I really, really like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]:slight_smile:

Thank you all for the comments, opinions, and support! I really appreciate it!!! =). I wasn’t so sure about [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], and it doesn’t seem like that one’s very popular. I think I’ll take that option off the table now.

[name]Layla[/name] is pretty!!!

I think you can’t go wrong.
I like in order:
[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]