Baby's First Puppy!

Hello Berries!

Last weekend, my family and I trekked over to a foster family’s house to visit an absolutely adorable rescued Newfoundland puppy! She was abandoned at a shelter when she was only a few days old and signed for euthanasia (because the shelter couldn’t take care of baby puppies) when a rescue organization stepped in. We are so glad they did :slight_smile: I just found out that our adoption has been accepted and we are picking up our 12-week-old little wonder this weekend.

We’ve almost chosen a first name: either [name]Lacey[/name] or Lady. I read in a dog training book that dogs respond best to names with an “ee” sound, and [name]Lacey[/name]/Lady are the ones we like best. (my 4-year-old daughter Esm” is pushing for Lady since she loves Lady and the Tramp. We’ll most likely end up with this)

I like to give pets “full” names, complete with usually two middles. I was wondering if you have any suggestions to go with [name]Lacey[/name] or Lady. We went with classic middles for our daughters ([name]Suzanne[/name] and [name]Delphine[/name]), so we could either continue that with our dog, or we could change it up and go with something a bit more exotic. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

This sounds like fun! Congrats on your new addition :slight_smile:

My first thought was to check out the Lady and the Tramp voice actors, which produced Lady [name]Barbara[/name] ([name]Barbara[/name] was Lady herself!) and Lady [name]Verna[/name] ([name]Verna[/name] was Aunt [name]Sarah[/name]). Of the two, I prefer Lady [name]Verna[/name].
[name]How[/name] about:
Lady [name]Verna[/name] [name]Irene[/name]
Lady [name]Verna[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (I love this!)
Lady [name]Verna[/name] [name]Clarisse[/name]

On a purely aesthetic note, why not try:
Lady [name]Maeve[/name]
Lady [name]Celia[/name]
Lady [name]Genevieve[/name]
Lady [name]Mae[/name]
Lady [name]Alice[/name]
Lady [name]Amelia[/name]
Lady [name]Minerva[/name]

Have fun!