Back again for help with a revised list (for girls)

[name]Hi[/name]! I would love your advice again on our revised list for girls names. Time is ticking on… due in less than a month! As mentioned previously, our daughter is [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]. Our last name is McGreevy. Thought I’d run these ideas by you all.

Here are our 3 favorites at this point:

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]

Also…[name]Miranda[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Marin[/name] (pronounced “[name]Maren[/name]”), and [name]Linnea[/name]. These aren’t totally out of the picture. It’s just that we had some negative feedback from friends/ family that has likely affected our decision making.

At this point [name]Audrey[/name] seems to be the front runner but what do you think? Does it work with our last name? Is there a cute nn other than [name]Aud[/name] (odd)?

As for middle names, we are looking to have some sort of biblical/spiritual/ thankful theme, as we truly didn’t think we’d be able to have children. [name]Feel[/name] free to offer ideas! Thanks!

[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Annalise[/name]/[name]Annelise[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]/[name]Grace[/name]/ [name]Joy[/name]
any others??

[name]Hi[/name] there :slight_smile:

I’m going to go against the grain on these forums and say that I just don’t like [name]Audrey[/name] on a little girl - still an old ladies name to me and nowhere near as pretty as [name]Olivia[/name]!

[name]Molly[/name] I like but [name]Georgia[/name] I love. Have you considered [name]Georgina[/name]?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Mattea[/name]?

[name]Mattea[/name] = gift of god

[name]Audrey[/name]: I think it sounds great with McGreevy-- I like the rhyminess. The only problem is the repeating [name]Ree[/name] sound, but I don’t think it’s too much to worry about. [name]Audrey[/name] sounds great with [name]Olivia[/name]. Nicknames could be [name]Dree[/name] or [name]Ree[/name]…

[name]Molly[/name]: This is way too much of a nickname for me. Plus I find it a really dull name.

[name]Georgia[/name]: Nice. I’ve never been much of a fan of the [name]George[/name] names, but it goes well with [name]Olivia[/name] and last name McGreevy.

[name]Miranda[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] this name, and the alliteration of [name]Miranda[/name] McGreevy is wonderful! I don’t know how you can get negative feedback on this one…

[name]Leah[/name]: I like it, but it doesn’t stand out quite as much as the others.

[name]Marin[/name]: It reminds me of the county in [name]CA[/name], so people will probably want to pronounce it muh-[name]RIN[/name]. I do like [name]Maren[/name], pronounced MAHR-in.

[name]Linnea[/name]: Oh, I love [name]Linnea[/name]! It’s a lovely name. [name]Linnea[/name] McGreevy is great.

I love [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Linnea[/name]! [name]Audrey[/name] is also great. [name]Don[/name]'t listen to the negative feedback; there’s nothing wrong with any of these names, and it’s your daughter to name!

I don’t usually mind names ending in the same sound, provided they have a different number of syllables, but with McGreevy [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] don’t sound right to me. Maybe it’s the fact that the long e sound is already in McGreevy twice. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Georgia[/name], though, and think that it makes a great sibset with [name]Olivia[/name]. A few combo ideas (included the meanings):

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Felice[/name] (lucky)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] (happy)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Paz[/name] (peace)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Ray[/name] (wise protector)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] (wise)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] (free)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Esme[/name] (beloved)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Imogen[/name] (beloved child)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] (desired)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] (strength, power)

Thanks so much for the feedback. Oh… though now I am more confused than ever. Please keep helping though. Your comments are really valid and help a lot.

I never thought of the double ee sound in McGreevy. That is a consideration though i suppose. It’s funny… people either seem to like the [name]Audrey[/name] or [name]Molly[/name] a lot or dislike them. Hmm… We were thinking that [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name] both had the same sort of style and sounded good together.

As for [name]Miranda[/name], it was my parents who had a horrible reaction to it. My mom said it reminded her a of a witches name and my dad said the only thing it reminded him of is is the “[name]Miranda[/name] Rights”. Not that we are going to base our decision on their opinion, but we were sort of on the fence about this name at the time. We love how it sounds with [name]Olivia[/name] and love the Shakesperean connection, but just kept hearing the “[name]Randa[/name]” part of [name]Miranda[/name] and not loving it.

[name]Georgia[/name] seems to be well liked by most. I think my husband is more sold on [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] right now, but we do like it. Thank you to the previous poster for the suggestions for mn’s. I will keep those in mind-esp if we go with [name]Georgia[/name].

We have always liked [name]Linnea[/name]. (A little close to my name [name]Liana[/name], and my mom’s [name]Linda[/name], but then that could be a nice connection too I suppose.) [name]Just[/name] wondering if it sounds a little dated though, as it said on the nb name search.

Again thanks. Wish I could be more decisive!!!

[name]Audrey[/name]- [name]Audrey[/name] is very pretty but increasing steadily in popularity. [name]Audrey[/name] McGreevy has too many of the same sounds for me though. The ‘ree’ sound and the ‘y’ ending are a bit similar for me but if you love it, it can work.

[name]Molly[/name]- I prefer [name]Molly[/name] as a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name] personally but it is cute on its own as well. Again, I’m not a big fan of the matching ‘y’ endings.

[name]Georgia[/name]- I adore [name]Georgia[/name] McGreevy and also love it with [name]Olivia[/name]! It sounds so feminine and romantic but with a spunk to it that [name]Olivia[/name] also possesses. This would be my top choice.

[name]Miranda[/name]- [name]Miranda[/name] is definitely my second choice. [name]Miranda[/name] McGreevy’s alliteration is wonderful as well!

[name]Leah[/name]- [name]Leah[/name] lacks some of the luster and spunk of most of your other names have. And since [name]Leah[/name] is so short, the ‘ee’ sound that is repeated in McGreevy is quite pronounced to my ear.

[name]Marin[/name]- [name]Marin[/name] is quite pretty but I don’t feel like it captures the elegance and timeless femininity of [name]Olivia[/name]. I do like [name]Marina[/name] or [name]Mariana[/name] with [name]Olivia[/name] though.

[name]Linnea[/name]- I love [name]Linnea[/name] but I don’t feel that it really works with [name]Olivia[/name]. It’s not heard nearly as much as [name]Olivia[/name] is and feels much more exotic to me.

So my top choice is [name]Georgia[/name], followed closely by [name]Miranda[/name].

[name]Elizabeth[/name]- I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] but it is very commonly used as a mn. I do love it anyway though and its flow with [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] is beautiful.

[name]Michelle[/name]- [name]Michelle[/name] feels quite dated to me but [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] McGreevy is cool :slight_smile:

[name]Faith[/name]- I definitely like [name]Faith[/name] was a middle name. [name]Faye[/name] is pretty too but [name]Faith[/name] definitely captures the spiritual essence you were looking for.

[name]Annalise[/name]/[name]Annelise[/name]- [name]Annelise[/name] feels a bit long with some of your names but [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] McGreevy is beautiful!

[name]Hope[/name]/[name]Grace[/name]/ [name]Joy[/name]- [name]Grace[/name] is beginning to sound over-used as a middle but I still love it. [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Joy[/name] are beautiful as well.

All the middles have Biblical or spiritual meanings/connections.

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Gwyn[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Vera[/name]

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Aleah[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

I really like [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Faith[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Hope[/name]. I love [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (you could get the nn [name]Gigi[/name]!) and [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Joy[/name].

Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Liana[/name]!

[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] McGreevy is so cute!

[name]Audrey[/name] - I like [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] together very much, but the repetitive vowel sounds with your last name do get me a bit - not a lot, but it is a concern. Also, both [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] begin with vowels, which isn’t a big deal at all, but would you feel trapped into a vowel name (say, [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Iris[/name]) for a third girl?

[name]Molly[/name] - [name]Molly[/name] feels incredibly insignificant and nickname-y in comparison to [name]Olivia[/name], in my opinion. Also, [name]Molly[/name] McGreevy sounds like an old-fashioned milkmaid to me. Ha!

[name]Georgia[/name] - [name]Georgia[/name] feels a bit old and dated to me, namely because the only one I know is about 50. But, it is a nice name, and [name]Gigi[/name] is a cute nickname, too. I’m just not a fan, personally.

As for your other choices, [name]Miranda[/name] is my favorite, but it seems you have some concerns about both your parents’ negative opinion of the name and the [name]Randy[/name] sound in it. [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Linnea[/name] are nice names - very pretty! - but I think both are too close to your name, [name]Liana[/name], and your mom’s name, [name]Linda[/name]. [name]Marin[/name] is a nice name, too, but it doesn’t have the same feminine sophistication that [name]Olivia[/name] does.

Are you open to suggestions? Here are some Shakespearean names that I like with [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] McGreevy…

[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Regan[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Katharina[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]

My favorites are [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Julia[/name], and [name]Helena[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I agree with you that [name]Audrey[/name] is the best style match with [name]Olivia[/name], but the sounds are too repetitive for me. Have you considered another name with the same beginning sound?
[name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Aria[/name] (even though it has the long ‘e’ sound, I think it helps that it’s not on the end)
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]

I think that if you used a longer formal name, [name]Molly[/name] could absolutely be used as a nickname, but on it’s own it feels insubstantial with [name]Olivia[/name].
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] (Also very much like [name]Audrey[/name] and I love this with [name]Olivia[/name]!)

I think [name]Marin[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] are too different from your daughters name to be cohesive. While I love [name]Linnea[/name], and it’s connection to the names of yourself and your mother, I know I would end up twisting it when saying the girls’ names together ([name]Livia[/name], Olinnea), but that could just be me. [name]Georgia[/name] is absolutely my choice out of your options, but if you’re still considering new names I love [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name] together.
Good luck!

[/quote]

Thank you so much… we have really loved [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] so I think that is why trying to find a second name that we equally love is so difficult. Not to mention, we haven’t even landed on the perfect boys name yet!

With [name]Audrey[/name]… it is VERY unlikely that we will be having any other children so in a way, I really like the matching vowels at the beginning of both [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name]. Also… I just seem to be drawn to “A” names for girls. [name]Don[/name]'t know why. My fav was [name]Amelia[/name], but we are no longer considering as it is just tooo similar. There are not really any other A names that my husband and I agree on at this point.

Of your suggestions [name]Lemon[/name], we do like [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Maria[/name]. [name]Rosalind[/name] is lovely too, though not so common ([name]Olivia[/name] is soooo common- just wondering if we need to stick with something not too out there). [name]Margaret[/name] is pretty too. Is [name]Molly[/name] a nn for this? (I don’t think it is, but just checking.)

We do still like [name]Miranda[/name] with nn [name]Mira[/name]. That is still on the drawing board.

[name]Love[/name] hearing all the comments. Helps a lot!

[name]Liana[/name],

[name]Glad[/name] you like [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Maria[/name]! [name]Both[/name] are very pretty, and they work well with [name]Olivia[/name] and McGreevy…

You know, I don’t think you need to stick with a popular name just because you have an [name]Olivia[/name]. If you pair her with a less popular name (like [name]Rosalind[/name]), I think [name]Olivia[/name] might actually feel fresher, if that is possible. [name]Olivia[/name] is my favorite of the popular girl names, to be honest with you, and I think pairing it with a beautiful, romantic, Shakespearean name (like [name]Rosalind[/name], or something along those lines) might help people remember why [name]Olivia[/name] is so beautiful and historic and elegant in her own right. Maybe I’m just babbling here…

As for [name]Molly[/name], I believe it is a nickname for [name]Mary[/name]. Maybe you could stretch it and use it as a nickname for [name]Maria[/name]? I don’t know. But, [name]Margaret[/name] comes with plenty of nicknames, not limited to [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Meg[/name], [name]Greta[/name], [name]Margie[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], and [name]Peggy[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Of your names, I think [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] pair up nicely as a sibset. AS for the rhyming with your last name, I wouldnt worry too much. You will be calling her [name]Audrey[/name] most of the time, not her full name. I love the suggestion of [name]Dree[/name] or [name]Ree[/name] as nn’s.
good luck!

[name]Hi[/name]! From your list, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] McGreevey and [name]Miranda[/name] McGreevey! So pretty! :slight_smile:

Others you may like (sorry for repeats):

[name]Audra[/name] (close to [name]Audrey[/name] and doesn’t share the same ending sound of your last name)
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] (oops…Has [name]Olivia[/name]'s ending sound…)
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree with [name]Lemon[/name]; just because [name]Olivia[/name] is more popular, you shouldn’t feel like you need to match the sibset in terms of popularity. A sibset like [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name], for instance (both are lovely names, but together they make a very trendy and predictable sibset) pales in comparison to something like [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name], or [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], both of which I find stunning. I totally think [name]Molly[/name] can work as a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name]-- even though it’s not traditionally correct, I think it works just as well. I actually know a [name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Molly[/name].

Good luck!

Great suggestions [name]Jill[/name]. Out of these, I love [name]Anna[/name] (but there’s already another little [name]Anna[/name] in our extended family). I also like [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name] but my husband doesn’t. :frowning: For some reason, [name]Audra[/name] doesn’t work for me. [name]Madeleine[/name] is very pretty. I do like it a lot. [name]Charlotte[/name] is really cute but I am not “in love” with it for some reason. (not sure why, as it has all the qualities I like in a name). [name]Amelia[/name] is my absolute favorite, but as mentioned before, really doesn’t sound great with [name]Olivia[/name]. ([name]Amelie[/name] is a no-go for my husband). [name]Susannah[/name] is nice too.

At this point, I think we have dropped [name]Molly[/name] from the mix. I am just too on the fence about the whole [name]Margaret[/name] (nn [name]Molly[/name]) idea. However, we’re re-considering [name]Miranda[/name] and now [name]Juliet[/name]. (don’t think [name]Rosalind[/name] quite works for us)

So top runners are [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] (still) and possibly [name]Juliet[/name]. Still liking middle names [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Faith[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Annelise[/name]… not sure what else. [name]Haven[/name]'t really brainstormed ideas for [name]Juliet[/name] yet. :slight_smile:

Anyways… thanks everyone.

Oh… i forgot. We do like the name [name]Siobhan[/name] too (with our Irish heritage) but I’m not sure it works as a mn with these choices. As for a first name, we thought it was too different from [name]Olivia[/name] and hard to spell, so we’ve sort of dismissed it. But… other Irish name suggestions would be good too.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Liana[/name]!

Honestly, I think [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Siobhan[/name] works well together, if you really love it! [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] is absolutely amazing! [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Siobhan[/name] - cute, they both would have S middle names…

[name]Just[/name] a thought :wink:

[name]Lemon[/name]

[name]Georgia[/name] is my favorite!

Good luck!

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Siobhan[/name] is wonderful!! Great suggestion! I also really like [name]Audrey[/name] and while I hear the double ee sound that everyone is talking about, it doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, [name]Audrey[/name] McGreevy sounds like it “goes” together. [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Siobhan[/name] McGreevy is lovely. You have gorgeous names to choose from and I’m sure that [name]Olivia[/name]'s sister will get an equally beautiful name!

Lots of nice choices – especially [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name]! I would go with [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Faith[/name]!!