Back again needing input on my short list...

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]

[name]Ainsley[/name] (DH’s favorite)
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]

The first 5 I can picture introducing… the last 3 are a little more out there in real life (not for name nerds!), so I am not sure I can picture them yet. I have to remember that when we introduced our “[name]Maren[/name] [name]Carys[/name]” after her birth, I forget that everyone’s reaction was “Huh? What?” and now they love her name.

I am most concerned w/

1. the name and the energy/feeling it conveys; what do you think of when you hear each?
  2. the flow with our last name
  3. “matching” sibset
    Our last name is @nderson, and my daughter is [name]Maren[/name] [name]Carys[/name]. I’m already 3cm and dropped, but my DH is on crutches (stress fractures from marathon training) until [name]May[/name] 3, so hoping she stays put 'til then! :slight_smile:
    Middle name will be easy once I choose a first and will be a family name, so please just consider first.

…And, I hate that I keep putting it out there (meaning, I wish I could just DECIDE), but still open to new ideas too.

thanks so much!

[name]Alice[/name] - While this is one of my personal favourite names, I find that [name]Alice[/name] is somehow a bit too prim-sounding beside the spunkier [name]Maren[/name]. I’m also not a huge fan of [name]Alice[/name] @nderson as a combo; it seems a bit bland.

[name]Bridget[/name] - This is one of my favourites off your list. I like it with your surname, and I think [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Maren[/name] work really well together as a sibset.

[name]Gemma[/name] - This name is starting to feel really stale to me. I think you have nicer, fresher options on the list.

[name]Tess[/name] - A nice name, but not quite weighty enough beside [name]Maren[/name], in my opinion. I can picture [name]Maren[/name] and [name]Teresa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name] working better than just [name]Tess[/name], but I dislike the -a ending of [name]Teresa[/name] with your surname.

[name]Tessa[/name] - Again, I dislike the -a ending with your surname. [name]Tessa[/name] @nderson flows together a bit too much.

[name]Ainsley[/name] - I like this a lot with [name]Maren[/name]. The big problem is that [name]Ainsley[/name] @nderson just has too many a and n sounds in it.

[name]Cecily[/name] - This ones ties with [name]Bridget[/name] for first place in my mind. It shares [name]Maren[/name]'s offbeat yet sort of classic vibe, and I like it with your surname.

[name]Romilly[/name] - After [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Bridget[/name], this would be my next favourite. It’s slightly less classic in feel than [name]Maren[/name], but it’s a very pretty name.

Other ideas that seem like they might be your style:

[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]

[name]Romilly[/name] is definitely my favourite. [name]Cecily[/name] comes in a close second. I think [name]Romilly[/name] and [name]Maren[/name] sound best together and [name]Romy[/name] is a really cute nickname :smiley:

Wow great list!! I am due in [name]July[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], [name]Gem[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] are on my list. [name]Love[/name] them all. [name]Alice[/name] would be my #1 but DH thinks its “old”. Still talking him into it. I say go with [name]Alice[/name]. We are gonna call our baby [name]Alice[/name] using the nn [name]Ali[/name] if I get my way. Good luck!