back for help... due in June

[name]Hi[/name] everyone!

I wrote about a year ago looking for potential sibling names that sound good with my first daughter’s name. At the time, my daughter was only 4 months old and I was not yet pregnant with my second child… just having fun thinking about all sorts of future sibling names (I have always loved names). I received many wonderful suggestions from all of you… many of which are still on my list.

Now, I that I am pregnant again and due in [name]June[/name] (we are not finding out if it is a girl or a boy yet) I am hoping for some help. I love to read all of your posts and the answers as most of you are so much more creative in this area than I am!

I would love some more ideas on girl names. My husband and I seem to be more in agreement on boys.

Okay, now for the back ground…

1. My first daughter’s name is [name]McKee[/name] (family name)

2. I also have three step children that I am close to, so I would love it if the new baby’s name sounds okay with their names as well
    [name]Kennady[/name] - girl, [name]Madison[/name] - girl, [name]Andrew[/name] ([name]Andy[/name]) boy.

3. Last name starts with K, one syl and rhymes with rent.

4. Since [name]McKee[/name] is a family name on my mother’s side and since my husband got to use some family names with his older three, I would [name]LOVE[/name] to find a way to honor my father. This is not easy, though, because he does not even like his name … [name]Rodney[/name], but goes by [name]Rod[/name].
    His last name is cook which I do not mind. However, having a one syl last name that starts with K makes Cook a little harder to use as a middle name. The only way I have been able to make it sound even halfway usuable for a middle is by making the first name three syl and not worrying about the k at the end of cook running into the k at the start of our last name. Any ideas to honor my Dad would be very much appreciated. His middle name is even worse, so that does not work either. His initials are RWC.

5. As long as it is not too feminine of a name, I am not too worried about [name]McKee[/name] looking like the boy when the names are said together.

6. I am fine with unisex names.

My husband and I seem to have different name tastes for girls right now. We used to think similarly on this, but as of now he is saying that he likes…

[name]Marlena[/name] (no offense to anyone, but I told him this name is definitely out as I do not like the sound of it with the other children and I do not even like the nn [name]Marley[/name])

[name]Temple[/name] (also do not like at all)

[name]Clover[/name] (don’t mind, but feels too different from the other children)

In the past, he has said that he likes [name]Story[/name], but has not mentioned that again. I am okay with that, but like so many other names better.

He also mentioned [name]Romney[/name] the other night and while the Mitt [name]Romney[/name] association is not a negative for me, I just do not know that I like it that much.

My list…

[name]Carys[/name] (by far my favorite, but still have not asked my husband about it as I fear he will not like it… I am holding this one back for a bit)

Pro… love the meaning and alliteration with our last name. I am not worried that it will make [name]McKee[/name] look like the boy in the pair esp. with her older sisters’ names.

[name]Con[/name]… just have a feeling my husband will not agree

Carrington…

Pro… like the 3 syl and could use carys as nn, also might make Cook work as a middle name since it is 3 syl

[name]Con[/name]… do not think husband will go for it, it is hard to say, and it does not have any special meaning for us.

[name]Kerrigan[/name]… same as Carrington, but esp do not like the skater associations right now.

[name]Holland[/name]…
Pro… I think my husband will go for this one, we both have a small family connection with a form of this name and we have been to [name]Holland[/name] together and love it!

[name]Con[/name]… I like [name]Carys[/name] and some other C or K names so much more, also not sure how to work my Dad in there even as a middle. Also, do not like the nn [name]Holly[/name]. Any other nn’s for this name?

[name]Rory[/name]

Pro… love this name and it would honor both my father and mother by combining their names. This is a huge plus.

[name]Con[/name]… still like other names better and my husband is not into this one as much. Also, I do find [name]Rory[/name] hard to say or hear what is being said sometimes.

[name]Rowan[/name]

Pro… combines my father and husbands names.

[name]Con[/name]… getting popular here and I even have friends that have used it.
Also, I just like the other names so much better

Other names I like, but am not in love with unless all of you have some good suggestions to help me out with them.

[name]Skye[/name] (too different from the others? Also, would rather a longer name with our last)

[name]Greer[/name] (wish it was longer)

[name]Logan[/name] (for a girl only in this case)

Other family names that can be used for middle, but do not honor my father are…

Reisinger (would love to work this in, but does not honor my father’s side)

[name]Lodge[/name]

Stevens

[name]Casey[/name] (is on father’s side)

Overall, I guess my favorites are [name]Carys[/name], Carrington, [name]Holland[/name] and [name]Rory[/name].

Okay, I know this is so long, but thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

[name]Hi[/name]!! Congratulations! [name]How[/name]'ve you been?! :slight_smile: My favorite names with [name]Mckee[/name] are [name]Holland[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], and [name]Rory[/name]. (I was just thinking that [name]Holland[/name] and your last name are both place names, though…)

Some more:

GIRLS:

[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name] (then again, these names begin with the same short E sound in your last name…)
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]/[name]Marlow[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name]…another possible name to honor [name]Rodney[/name])
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name] (nn [name]Willow[/name])

BOYS:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Leland[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
Rigsby
[name]Sullivan[/name]

Good luck!

Congrats!

I am due in july/august and am completely lost when it comes to names so well done for having such a long list!

[name]Just[/name] one thought, I think you never should name a child after a nation, like [name]Holland[/name]. The child will be forever connected with the doings/actions of the country. [name]Rivers[/name], cities or places are better and less “dangerous”.

However, [name]Carys[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Rory[/name] (as a nn and [name]Aurora[/name] as a first name?) and Carrington (nn [name]Carrie[/name]?) are all beautiful! Good luck with your choice and I hope but you and your husband are happy with your future choice!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Kelly[/name]!

[name]McKee[/name]? So cool! What is Miss [name]McKee[/name]'s middle name?

Anyway, off of your list, my favorites are [name]Holland[/name] and [name]Rory[/name]. However, because I agree with you that sometimes [name]Rory[/name] can be challenging to say - the R’s just get me tongue-twisted! - I’ll vote [name]Holland[/name]! [name]Holland[/name] and [name]McKee[/name]? It works alright. Perhaps not ideal, but it works…

I’m thinking how I can somehow honor your dad, [name]Rod[/name], and still find a name that isn’t too feminine - I definitely think [name]Carys[/name] is too feminine and, well, Welsh, to go with [name]McKee[/name] and your stepchildren’s names. Here are some other options:

[name]Rafferty[/name] - Irish - “abundance” [[name]Raffy[/name]]
[name]Romilly[/name] - French - place name [[name]Romy[/name]]
[name]Roxanna[/name] - Persian - “dawn” [[name]Roxy[/name]]

If I had to pick, I’d choose [name]Rafferty[/name]! I’m not sure I love Cook in the middle with your K last name, so maybe a W middle name to honor your dad’s initials would work. I’d recommend…

[name]RAFFERTY[/name] [name]WYNNE[/name] K.

Note: NB lists [name]Rafferty[/name] as a male name, but babynames.com list it as a unisex name. Considering you already used [name]McKee[/name], I wouldn’t worry about it being too masculine or unisex!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] about [name]Rowena[/name] for a girl?

[name]Jill[/name], Natber, [name]Lemon[/name] and Kyemsma…
Thank you so much for your thoughts and suggestions! All were so helpful and I really appreciate it!

I am still torn about [name]Holland[/name] as [name]Jill[/name]'s comment (two place names) and Natber’s comment (about child being associated with a country) both make a lot of sense. However, I do still like the name a lot. I guess I will just have to think about it some more. It may be the only one my husband will agree to anyway. I just wish I liked a nn for it. I would rather not use [name]Holly[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name], I really like [name]Rafferty[/name]. I have always liked it as a boy’s name and never really considered it for a girl. You have given me something to think about. I will add it to my R list along with [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Rory[/name].

Kyemsma, [name]Rowena[/name] is cool too. It might be a bit feminine compared to our other girls’ names. I will keep it as an idea for a mn.

Thanks again!