Back for more advice

I posted a week or so ago about the issues hubby and I are having with names. And the fact that we don’t agree at all. I think we are starting to put together a short list so need some help with middle name combos and possibilities.

[name]Samara[/name] [name]Elise[/name] - This is the first middle name that came to me with [name]Samara[/name]. What do you think. Hubby scoffed a little but didn’t fight me on it. I’m open to more suggestions. At this stage this is top runner although since considering this name I have come across 2 little girl [name]Samara[/name]'s in our tiny town in the last week. Neither are in my social circle so it wouldn’t stop me using it but it irritates me a little that I run into 2 [name]Samara[/name]'s but have never met a real life [name]Isabella[/name].

[name]Alexis[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] - [name]Caroline[/name] is to honour a dear friend of the my family’s who passed when I was 17. Wanted to use this mn for but [name]Alexis[/name] seems to be the only name it really flows with without sounding like to much of a mouthful. Only other issue I have with this name is my father is [name]Alexander[/name]… not a problem in itself but it could cause some issues with my mother.

[name]Annabel[/name] - not sure where to go with [name]Annabel[/name], something classy like [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Clara[/name] or something a little more sassy like [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] or the like.

And lastly a name I brought up with my hubby the other night that I never thought he would consider but he says he doesn’t mind is [name]Scarlett[/name].

So [name]Scarlett[/name] has made the list but I am a little lost with middle names. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - is this bordering on cheesy? Other suggestions??

And a name I came across to today that I like is Aeryn/[name]Aerin[/name]. Not made up spellings I promise. Aeryn is an Irish derivative of [name]Erin[/name] but is unisex there, maybe used more for boys originally??? and [name]Aerin[/name] is a woman in the Hobbit. I kind of like the [name]Air[/name]-in pronunciation more than the Eh-rin one, so close I know but they sound different enough to me. Problem is I kind of think its silly for me to choose an Irish spelling when I have no ties to [name]Ireland[/name] and I wonder if the other version [name]Aerin[/name] will just have people thinking I am a [name]JR[/name] TOLKEIN freak who can’t get in touch with reality for long enough to name her child and either way they’ll just pronounce it Eh-rin anyway so is there any point to bothering. What do you think?

And lastly I am being a bit nit picky here but I like the fact that all my children have there own sounding ending. [name]Riley[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Piper[/name]. They all have separate sounds and all our names we have chosen continue with that. But they all have 2 syllable names, and most of the names we like are 3 syllable this time. [name]Do[/name] you think that matters?

Ultimately I wish hubby would let me have [name]Evelyn[/name] so I could be happy with that and make this naming business easier. I think he vetoed it on purpose just to spite me because I vetoed [name]Mackenzie[/name]. What are your thoughts on our combo’s though. [name]Do[/name] they work ok? Any suggestions. [name]TIA[/name]

[name]Samara[/name] [name]Elise[/name] - I really like this! I can’t believe you’ve met two little [name]Samara[/name]'s!

[name]Alexis[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] - I’m not a huge fan of [name]Alexis[/name] on a girl, but this works really well. I would prefer [name]Alexa[/name], [name]Alessa[/name] or [name]Alessi[/name] though.

[name]Annabel[/name] - I’d like to see this with something spunky and fun a la [name]Sally[/name], [name]Viva[/name], [name]Joy[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] or [name]Plum[/name]. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Clara[/name] sounds like a doll!

[name]Scarlett[/name] - While [name]Rose[/name] is a beautiful name, and absolutely lovely with [name]Scarlett[/name], I think something more lively would be nice. [name]Renee[/name], [name]Joy[/name], [name]Noa[/name], [name]Lilias[/name], [name]Malou[/name], [name]Plum[/name].

Aeryn/[name]Aerin[/name] - Name your child what you want, don’t worry what others think. I like Aeryn and [name]Aerin[/name], they’re cute names.

You could use [name]Scarlett[/name] Aeryn or vice versa Aeryn [name]Scarlett[/name].

I quite like the spelling Aeryn as opposed to [name]Erin[/name] and such.

[name]Samara[/name] [name]Elise[/name] is really cute! I like that [name]Samara[/name] has several nickname possibilities too (if you’re a nicknamer like me). -[name]Sammy[/name], [name]Mara[/name], [name]Sam[/name].

[name]Alexis[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]- I think this flows fairly well, and the names sound cute together. My only concern is that they’re both 3 syllables which makes for a bit of a long name.

[name]Annabel[/name]- I’m not a huge fan of this name, but definitely don’t like it with [name]Clara[/name]. I agree with [name]Ottilie[/name] that she sounds like a doll! It’s too cutesy for my taste. Maybe [name]Greer[/name], [name]Glenn[/name], or [name]Grey[/name]?

[name]Scarlett[/name]- very cute, but I don’t like it with [name]Rose[/name]. Too much of a red connotation.

[name]Aerin[/name] is my favorite spelling. I like the name [name]Erin[/name] and I think this is a nice way to make a fairly common name seem less used. And I really wouldn’t worry about not having any Irish connections-who cares!

In the end, I think that with [name]Piper[/name], [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Riley[/name], [name]Aerin[/name] or [name]Alexis[/name] would be my choices!

Congrats and good luck!

I really love [name]Aerin[/name]. It’s lovely and fits well with your other kids. Honestly, I’m not fond of you
R other choices. [name]Samara[/name] is pretty, I just feel like your other kids names are kind of spunky while [name]Samara[/name] is more sedate.

Loving [name]Scarlett[/name]!

I think that [name]Scarlett[/name] flows beautifully with your other children’s names with it being 2 syllable and -ett ending. I also think [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Aerin[/name] is a lovely combination.

I love [name]Aerin[/name] for you. I know a woman with this name, spelled this way. Also there’s the very stylish [name]Aerin[/name] Lauder, heiress of the [name]Estee[/name] Lauder company, manufacturer of prestige skin care, fragrance, etc. [name]Aerin[/name] is a name that isn’t used often on little ones at this time.

I think either [name]Aerin[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Aerin[/name] is a great fit for your family.

I, too, prefer [name]Annabel[/name] with a spunkier middle. [name]Ottilie[/name] had many very good ideas for [name]Annabel[/name] middles.

[name]Scarlett[/name] is my favorite!
I don’t care for [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] though – two word names together sound more like a phrase than a name.
What about [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]?