Back for round two

Since I last posted, we’ve learned that our February 2012 addition is a boy, which has obviously cut our original name list in half. We have also been through a few rounds of edits ourselves and have narrowed it down to five names. This little guy will be joining siblings [name]Gage[/name] (age 12) and [name]Sadie[/name] (age 5). And, yes, we’ve spaced our kids out by quite a bit but we’re still very happy with the names we chose all those years ago and are hoping to find something that fits with he others, despite not necessarily falling under the same style category (as [name]Gage[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] don’t either). Any and all opinions would be most appreciated.

Here is the short list:

[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Cian[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]

Thanks in advance!!!
[name]Jane[/name]

PS: I have put them in alpha order, not in order of any particular preference.

First Congratulations on your new [name]Baby[/name] Boy!

I think [name]Emmett[/name] would fit very well with [name]Gage[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name]

I love [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Emmett[/name] or [name]Asher[/name]!

[name]Cian[/name] is a bit different from the other names on your list and doesn’t seem to me like it would fit that well with the fabulous names your other children have. Of your list I like [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name] best–both are old names but hold their own against modern names (like [name]Sadie[/name] and [name]Gage[/name]). As the mother of an [name]Asher[/name], it seems like this name is more talked-about than used. I’ve never met another [name]Asher[/name], but, still, it never fails that when a friend or family member meets another [name]Asher[/name] they call to tell me. It’s slightly annoying, but the name still suits my little guy so well that I could never imagine another name for him. From the moment he was born he looked so blissfully happy–I swear he was smiling!–that “blessed, full of joy” was the ONLY choice. Incidentally, [name]Emmett[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] were among the other names we had on the list in the delivery room. :slight_smile: Still love [name]Emmett[/name] and now liking [name]Everett[/name] as well. Never got into Twilight, though, so maybe I’m just oblivious to an entire counter-[name]Emmett[/name] movement that exists out there…

Thanks for the feedback so far!!

Aunt_ning: we’re not sharing our list with many people [name]IRL[/name] to avoid a free-for-all of negative feedback, but among those with whom we have shared the short list, [name]Emmett[/name] seems to be the fave. I like it because I heard it quite often as a little girl when I’d visit [name]Ireland[/name] with my mom (popular in [name]Ireland[/name] but not actually an Irish name) and I always liked the sound of it. The Twilight association does bother me, though. I’ve never actually read or seen any of the books/movies, but I fear that people will assume that they were our inspiration – also I can see the name skyrocketing.

lcmommy: thanks for the thumbs-up!

jggirl: You’re absolutely right about [name]Cian[/name] (pronounced Key-in, but you probably knew that as a baby name follower); it is the odd one out. It’s a nod to my Irish heritage and while it may not be the ONE in the end, I haven’t been able to scratch it off the list yet either. I love your comments about [name]Asher[/name], especially because you’re the mom of an [name]Asher[/name] yourself. I have only ever met two (I no longer know them) and they’re a teen and adult, respectively, now. I’ve loved the name for years and actually had it on our boy list when we had [name]Sadie[/name]. BUT, I do see it all over name sites, which makes me wonder whether it will be the next [name]Aiden[/name].

Thanks again. I really appreciate the comments.

[name]Jane[/name]