back onto Brynn. . .

OK so you all are going to kill me, but after all this going around and around, I may have settled back to the name we came up with months ago. . .[name]Brynn[/name]. (For those who don’t remember me, I have a one year old daughter named [name]Isla[/name] and #2 is due in [name]August[/name].)

[name]Isla[/name] & [name]Brynn[/name]
wdyt?

My main reason for vetoing it was b/c I didn’t think it had a cute little pet name I could call her, other than Brynny which sounds like a dog’s name. But last night I found a website that suggested [name]Brynna[/name], and Brynney-bear which would go cute with [name]Isla[/name] [name]Bird[/name]:slight_smile:
(I’m not looking for a nn for other people to call her, just something I can call her when I’m cooing at her, kwim?)

My other little hitch with the name is that some people said it wasn’t very feminine, esp. compared to [name]Isla[/name]. What’s your take on that? And if it’s true. . .would it help to give her a more feminine mn? We were thinking of
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]

I think [name]Brynn[/name] is a beautiful name and would be a great name for a whole lifetime. [name]Isla[/name] is more feminine, but I think that’s okay. They both sound kind of alternative. Maybe [name]Brynn[/name] should have a more feminine middle name than [name]Sawyer[/name] although [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] is adorable. She might want to have a feminine name after one of her relatives or ancestors. It kind of depends on what [name]Isla[/name]'s middle name is.

I love the name [name]Brenna[/name] so much as well! I am just wild about it. [name]Brenna[/name] [name]Bear[/name] is adorable! It would be cute to name her [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Theodora[/name]. The nn for [name]Theodora[/name] is [name]Teddy[/name] which makes me think of [name]Teddy[/name] [name]Bear[/name]. Yeah, that’s kind of a roundabout was to get to [name]Bear[/name], but I like it better than [name]Bernadine[/name] which means “brave as a bear”. I will see if I can find any more cute names that mean bear.

oops, sorry

I think [name]Brynn[/name] is adorable, it’s one of my current favorites. I probably wouldn’t pair it with [name]Sawyer[/name], though.

Hmmm… [name]Ursula[/name] means bear. But I like [name]Theodora[/name] better than [name]Ursula[/name].

I love [name]Brynn[/name] on a girl and it’s great with [name]Isla[/name]. Personally I can’t see it on any gender but a girl. [name]Bryn[/name] would be more masculine to me.

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Hope[/name] and…
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Gracelyn[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
GL!

I love [name]Brynn[/name]! Paired with [name]Sawyer[/name] definitely gives her a more tomboy feel, which can be cute, but not my personal cup of tea. I wouldn’t go “frilly” as you say, but I would go more feminine. What are some other options you’re liking?

By the way, I like that [name]Isla[/name] is a Scottish place name and [name]Brynn[/name] is Welsh - both being Celtic, giving continuity.

I’m more a fan of the traditional [name]Bryn[/name] spelling, but I think it’s a great name.

[name]Brynn[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are two of my top 3 names! So obviously I am a big fan! I think [name]Brynn[/name] is feminine and modern, yet will age well! And I think [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name] are cute sister names, I’d consider using them if I had multiple girls as well.

That being said, I’m not a big fan of [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]. Without knowing your last name, some combos I like with [name]Brynn[/name] are…

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Nadia[/name]** I really don’t think this has the best flow, but it means “hope” which could be special to have sisters who share mn meaning.

Though these may be way more feminine than you were hoping to go/may not be your style whatsoever. Best wishes, I think you have real winners with [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name] :slight_smile:

I can see [name]Brynn[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] as sisters, and I think that [name]Brynn[/name] is a really cute name. :slight_smile: I really like your idea of going with a more feminine middle name…

You may like (sorry for repeats):

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] (really popular, though, which may or may not be an issue for you)
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] (see [name]Olivia[/name])
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

I’ve only known one [name]Brynn[/name], and she was very sweet. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Oh, jill, [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is a gorgeous pairing! I love that! Seriously girl, you are to naming what [name]Candace[/name] [name]Olson[/name] (HGTV divine design) is to interior design… Effortlessly amazing. You just come up with some of the most stunning name combos!

Oh, jill, [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is a gorgeous pairing! I love that! Seriously girl, you are to naming what [name]Candace[/name] [name]Olson[/name] (HGTV divine design) is to interior design… Effortlessly amazing. You just come up with some of the most stunning name combos![/quote]

Wow! Thanks so much, Ladybug! (If I hadn’t written those combos, I’m sure someone else would have thought of them, yourself included! You make great lists!)

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] was my favorite, too! :slight_smile:

I love HGTV, by the way, and it’s good to know I’m not the only one! Interior design is a hobby of mine, and I never get tired of watching it!

Thanks again, LadyB…I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Some more middle name suggestions: (sorry for any repeats)

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Diane[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Esther[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Honour[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Mairwen[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]

[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Brynna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

I like [name]Brynn[/name], it’s on my short list too.

[name]How[/name] about…

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]

Thanks everybody for your suggestions!!

Would you consider using your fn as her mn? I know that is common in my family.

I don’t think [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Kelli[/name] sounds that nice. . .

[name]Love[/name] [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] so much!

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name]

I also love [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Ameila[/name]!

From your list, I like [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] (I’m not liking [name]Aubrey[/name] because of the bs).

I wouldn’t force a family name just for the sake of having a family name. Ultimately the name should be something you love, and that gives it the most meaning. If [name]Sawyer[/name] is meaningful and you love it, go for it. Otherwise, just pick a name you love with [name]Brynn[/name].