Back to announce my new arrival :D

Hey all :smiley:

I used to be a mod here a very long time ago! I’m not sure if anyone will remember me but I still wanted to come and make an announcement anyway. It finally happened! After obsessing over names for most of my life I actually got to use one on a human when I became a mum for the first time on the 24th of [name_u]November[/name_u] 2020.

Meet my little strawberry, [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] :slight_smile:

Excuse all the dried blood on his face. He was about twelve hours old when my husband took this photo.

Gilbert was one of the only names my husband and I could agree on despite having very similar taste in names (traditional but obscure). I don’t think it was even on my original name list. He gets called [name_u]Gilly[/name_u] for short. We get a good reception in regard to his name as people recognise it but then also recognise that they never hear it. We also get a lot of ‘Oh like [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables?’

My granddad John sadly died in 2019 aged 98. He was born, oddly enough, during the Spanish Flu pandemic on the 23rd of [name_u]November[/name_u] 1920. Despite our hopes (and my best efforts to get things moving) [name_u]Gilly[/name_u] missed his 100th birthday by a single day but I still wanted to honour their connection by including [name_m]John[/name_m] as a middle name.

Joseph is in honour of my other granddad who died when I was just six months old. It’s also coincidentally my husband’s middle name so it honours him too :slight_smile:

65 Likes

Congratulations! What a great name he has. He’s so lovely.

I wasn’t here when you were a mod but I do remember you from old posts :wink:

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful boy! His name is wonderful!

It’s got to be around… five years ago now that I was modding. I stopped when I moved to [name_u]London[/name_u] to start my job and then my dad got Leukaemia so I just didn’t have the time that I’d had when living in Liverpool. The site looks so different now! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, what an amazing name! And what a beautiful boy!

What a gorgeous baby with a gorgeous name! Congratulations :heart:

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy and his wonderful name :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh, what a little sweetheart! Congratulations!

Oh, he is gorgeous :heart_eyes: What a great name too. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] back and big congratulations!!

Congratulations! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] back! Your son has a magnificent name! So meaningful and elegant.
Good luck with everything and stay safe.

Congratulations! He is so adorable and I love how meaningful his name is!

Congratulations! What a sweet name for your little boy. I love it. :slight_smile:

Congratulations​:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse: Gilbert is adorable​:heartpulse:

Congrats he’s such a little cutie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Aww, congratulations!

Congratulations!! [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] is such a cute name and he looks adorable!

Congrats! What a lovely name for a lovely little child!

Congratulations! He is precious and so is his name!!

Congratulations! He has a beautiful name!

Congratulations!!! He’s SO beautiful and I love [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]!