Back to needing a name....

We thought we had chosen our baby girls name. However, some people very important in our lives have told us they “hate” it…very strong words. We talked it over and something came to mind of a very bad experience in my life, and the connection has a child with the name we had chosen. So here we are back to looking. We need a first name or middle name for [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name]. Our oldest daughter wants us to name her [name]Lexi[/name]-[name]Rain[/name] and then a middle name (but no hypen). I feel like she will grow up and not like being called [name]Lexi[/name] but rather have a more adult name. I want to honor the birthmother as she is naming this child [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]. I do want [name]Alexis[/name] and [name]Rain[/name] in there somewhere. Our last name starts with Mc so it has to flow with that and it ends in Y.

Can you all help? We feel she should have an elegant, princess, regal name…not too little girly, not popular, but something she can carry into adulthood as well.

She is 35 weeks gestation and a c-section might be planned. We do not need to have her final names until her final adoption in [name]January[/name], but I would much rather have a name when she is born! Thanks once again. You all are terrific!

PS Our other daugters names are [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Ann[/name] (26) and [name]Tiana[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (8). Thanks!

If you don’t plan to keep the exact name that she will be given by her birth mother, then maybe you should change it entirely but keep the A and R initials for fn and mn?

Or you could call her [name]Raina[/name] (or [name]Rayna[/name]/[name]Reyna[/name]) with mn [name]Alexis[/name]-[name]Ruth[/name].

[name]Alexandra[/name] or [name]Alexandria[/name] are also nice options to get the nn [name]Lexi[/name].

I wouldn’t use [name]Lexi[/name]-[name]Rain[/name] as the first name.

We do like [name]Raina[/name]. But would like to avoid the uh sound at the end b/c of [name]Alexis[/name]. [name]Rain[/name]-uh Uh-lexis. [name]Do[/name] you see where I am going with that?

What about [name]Raina[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Alexis[/name]? That way you don’t have the A sounds running into each other, and you can include all three names.

I just don’t think it flows and I don’t really want [name]Ruth[/name].

What about [name]Monet[/name]?

I’m honestly a bit confused with what you are wanting here, but if your other daughters are [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Ann[/name] (26) and [name]Tiana[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (8), I don’t think [name]Rain[/name] at all fits, personally.

What about [name]Alexa[/name], [name]Alexia[/name], or [name]Alexandra[/name] instead of [name]Alexis[/name] so all your girls have names ending in -a?

[name]Alexa[/name] [name]Rachelle[/name] Mc…
[name]Alexa[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] Mc…
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Mc…

[name]Raina[/name] [name]Lexine[/name] Mc…

Good luck!

[name]Just[/name] wanting a nice name that flows with our last name. Trying NOT to use the uh sound since the mn name [name]Alexis[/name] as I wrote earlier. Our oldest doesn’t have our last name (never did) and we didn’t name [name]Tiana[/name] (she was named when we adopted her at age 4). Plus I have boys [name]Jeremiah[/name] and [name]Nehemiah[/name]…thus hoping not to have the uh sound yet again. [name]Rain[/name] is to honor my oldest daughter (part of her last name).

Her name needs to be special to her. This is why we are trying to keep the [name]Alexis[/name], but we do not like it as a first name in any way, shape or form as it’s so popular!

[name]Just[/name] wanting a nice name that flows with our last name. Trying NOT to use the uh sound since the mn name [name]Alexis[/name] as I wrote earlier. Our oldest doesn’t have our last name (never did) and we didn’t name [name]Tiana[/name] (she was named when we adopted her at age 4). Plus I have boys [name]Jeremiah[/name] and [name]Nehemiah[/name]…thus hoping not to have the uh sound yet again. [name]Rain[/name] is to honor my oldest daughter (part of her last name).

Her name needs to be special to her. This is why we are trying to keep the [name]Alexis[/name], but we do not like it as a first name in any way, shape or form as it’s so popular![/quote]

Okay! Now I see what you want!

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc… ***
[name]Jordan[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc… ***
[name]Mariam[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc…
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc…
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc…

[name]Amberly[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc… ***
[name]Bethany[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc…
[name]Briony[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc… ***
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc…
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc…
[name]Kimberly[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc…

Like any of those?

Her name needs to be special to her. This is why we are trying to keep the [name]Alexis[/name], but we do not like it as a first name in any way, shape or form as it’s so popular![/quote]

Like any of those?[/quote]

I truly love many of them. Can I ask you a question? Our last name ends in Y (sounds like eee)…so how do you feel about the first name ending in the same sound as in [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc…y? That is the one issue I was having as we love the name [name]Journey[/name] and that was/is our first pick, but when we said it together, we wondered if that’s okay? My other kiddos names are:

[name]Rebecca[/name], [name]Robert[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Cameron[/name], [name]Ryan[/name], [name]Tiana[/name], [name]Jeremiah[/name], and [name]Nehemiah[/name]. I was just hoping for our wee one to have something a bit elegant, not overused, and not ending in uh sound, or the y if possible.

Its hard to exactly say whether or not the matching Y sounds don’t work (without knowing the exact name), but in my opinion I don’t think I like it.

I liked your first name, and I think that if you do too you shouldn’t listen to what other people have to say. She’s your daughter and you get to choose :slight_smile: Plus, I think it fits in with your other children better than [name]Journey[/name]. :slight_smile:

sorry…I just re-read the part that says you have a bad connection to the name…SORRY!

I am a person of great faith, and I have been thinking that I need to put my practice into faith. If I believe what I say, the my Maker will see to it that I don’t “remember” this bad situation the rest of my/her life. Besides, I haven’t seen/known them for about 15 yrs! So I am going to have to rest on my laurels a bit and see how it goes, but I am wide open for suggestions, please!

sorry…I just re-read the part that says you have a bad connection to the name…SORRY![/quote]

Okay! I’m going to see if I can suggest some names for you! :slight_smile:
(PS- I love [name]Rain[/name] in the middle!)

[name]Alexis[/name] variations:
[name]Alessia[/name]
[name]Zandra[/name]
[name]Sascha[/name]

Saints/Bible names (like [name]Rebecca[/name]):
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Lelia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Maura[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Carmel[/name]
[name]Keziah[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]

Same feel as [name]Tiana[/name]:
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

After I wrote these I remembered you don’t want the “uh” ending…I’m really not doing a good job of helping you!

Here’s some that [name]DON[/name]'T end in “uh” (Warning: they are SUPER random :):
[name]Abigail[/name] (nn [name]Abby[/name])
[name]Elise[/name] (nn [name]Elle[/name])
[name]Giselle[/name] (nn [name]Elle[/name])
[name]Julianne[/name] (nn [name]Jules[/name])
[name]Camille[/name] (nn [name]Cam[/name])
[name]Lillian[/name] (nn [name]Lily[/name])
[name]Margaret[/name] (nn [name]Maisie[/name] is my fav :slight_smile:
[name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Regan[/name] (oh…jk…don’t like it with [name]Rain[/name])
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Whitley[/name] (though if [name]Journey[/name] sounds weird…this will too)
[name]Adeline[/name] (nn [name]Addie[/name])
[name]Lorelai[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Emmeline[/name] (nn [name]Emme[/name])
[name]Eden[/name] (nn [name]Edie[/name])
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]

Like anything???

We talked about [name]Lorelai[/name] just today…and [name]Laura[/name]! Then my Mama called and said my Pop’s (step-father) favorite name of all time is [name]Laura[/name]! And I had just told my hubby how much I love the name b/c when I was a litlte girl, [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls was my favorite book/movie character and my Daddy called me Half-Pint. I always thought my Daddy looked like [name]Charles[/name] Ingalls, LOL…so we are pretty sure she will be either:

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name]
---------or----------
[name]Lorelai[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name]

Feedback??? We have decided why not the uh sound since we have so many!

We just named our 8 month old [name]Laura[/name] – it was one of the few names my husband and I agreed on. I do like the name but it is not so trendy right now so we sometimes get a puzzled look when I tell people her name, because it is not one they are necessarily expecting.

When I looked it up, it said not too trendy, feminine but not frilly, and strong/solid name and also never gets dated. What’s your little one’s middle name? I do love the sound of it.

Like any of those?[/quote]

I truly love many of them. Can I ask you a question? Our last name ends in Y (sounds like eee)…so how do you feel about the first name ending in the same sound as in [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Mc…y? That is the one issue I was having as we love the name [name]Journey[/name] and that was/is our first pick, but when we said it together, we wondered if that’s okay? My other kiddos names are:

[name]Rebecca[/name], [name]Robert[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Cameron[/name], [name]Ryan[/name], [name]Tiana[/name], [name]Jeremiah[/name], and [name]Nehemiah[/name]. I was just hoping for our wee one to have something a bit elegant, not overused, and not ending in uh sound, or the y if possible.[/quote]

I see what you are saying, so here is my rule of thumb. I’ll use a made-up last name, McMurney (said mick-MER-knee) as the fake last name, so you can compare yours.

Now, if we use [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McMurney, or [name]Bethany[/name] McMurney, or even [name]Kimberly[/name] McMurney, it is fine. This is because the names don’t rhyme, and the syllables are different. Now, if we try [name]Journey[/name] McMurney, we run into a serious problem - the names RHYME! This is not what you want. [name]Do[/name] you see what I’m saying? So, I’d just compare your name to the fake McMurney, say the names, and see which situation it mirrors most. If it is the first, you are good to go, if not, I’d say goodbye to the name. Good luck!

We talked about [name]Lorelai[/name] just today…and [name]Laura[/name]! Then my Mama called and said my Pop’s (step-father) favorite name of all time is [name]Laura[/name]! And I had just told my hubby how much I love the name b/c when I was a litlte girl, [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls was my favorite book/movie character and my Daddy called me Half-Pint. I always thought my Daddy looked like [name]Charles[/name] Ingalls, LOL…so we are pretty sure she will be either:

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name]
---------or----------
[name]Lorelai[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name]

Feedback??? We have decided why not the uh sound since we have so many![/quote]

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] doesn’t work so well because [name]Laura[/name] ends in A and [name]Alexis[/name] begins with A …awkward sounds.

I know what you mean…our last name is McCreary (don’t really like it, hard to say and strong cccckkkk sound). Maybe that will help you better.

I see about the [name]Laura[/name] [name]Alexis[/name]…wasn’t saying it out loud as much as in my head…hmmmm…HELP! LOL