Back to needing a name....

My daughter’s middle name is [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I actually like [name]Laura[/name] [name]Alexis[/name], and the 2 A’s don’t bother me, in fact kind of flow.

As for middle names, I would just avoid another 2 syllable one ending in A.

Other ones we considered were:

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Laura[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Laura[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

Okay, then I’d nix [name]Journey[/name] McCreary. Sorry!

You said you liked several of these. Which ones?

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - I really like this one.
[name]Jordan[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - I don’t like [name]Jordan[/name] with your other kids’ names.
[name]Mariam[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - personally not a [name]Mariam[/name] fan…
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - [name]Naomi[/name] McCreary? uhhh…no.
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - something off about this one, I think…

[name]Amberly[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - [name]Amberly[/name] seems to trendy to match the other kids
[name]Bethany[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - I really like this one.
[name]Briony[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - I really like this one, too!
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - [name]Unique[/name]. [name]Cecily[/name] McCreary…sounds like an author to me!
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - I don’t love it…
[name]Kimberly[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary - [name]Kimberly[/name] McCreary sounds dated to me, honestly.

So my favorites are [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Bethany[/name], [name]Briony[/name], and [name]Cecily[/name]. What about you? GL!

That’s beautiful We actually think when we say it aloud, it flows!

I feel like I need to take a big breath between [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Alexis[/name], but it could just be me… And, it isn’t that I don’t like [name]Laura[/name] (I do, I mean my name is pretty close to it - [name]Lauren[/name]), but I feel like there is something better out there for you (to the person who named their 8-month-old [name]Laura[/name], your combination is very pretty!). [name]Just[/name] my opinion… :slight_smile:

I love [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Bethany[/name], and [name]Cecily[/name]. For all different reasons…

When I was in grade school, I was [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Adams[/name] in a Colonial times play! Great memories. [name]Bethany[/name] was a good family I knew way back when who had a precious little girl named [name]Bethany[/name]. [name]Cecily[/name], well in our family there is an Uncle [name]Cecil[/name] I only met once, but loved.

So…I have to run them by hubby and see what he thinks. He is stuck on [name]Laura[/name]/[name]Lorelei[/name] right now…but he is so open to whatever sounds right!

That’s great that he is so willing to change his mind! And, those reasons are darling. Tell me what he says! :slight_smile:

[name]Laura[/name] is a name I’ve always loved: it isn’t popular now but it is such a classic it never really goes out of style. I have a similar association with [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name] too.

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary (sorry if I got the ln wrong) WORKS! The repeating “a” sound between [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Alexis[/name] don’t bother me as they might normally and [name]Laura[/name] McCreary is dazzling!

[name]Lorelei[/name] McCreary is a bit tongue twistery with the "r"s and vowel sounds.

What about [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary? Her nn could be [name]Laura[/name] but it’d eliminate the similar sounds issue.

Too bad… [name]Laura[/name] is so pretty. That’s my daugher’s name. So we can’t have names that end in “uh”, “s”, or “y”. What about (to go with [name]Alexis[/name] and your last name):
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Marin[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

That’s great that he is so willing to change his mind! And, those reasons are darling. Tell me what he says! :-)[/quote]

Well, he didn’t like [name]Cecily[/name] at all. He was iffy on [name]Bethany[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name]. [name]Said[/name] he had to think about it.

[name]Laura[/name] is a name I’ve always loved: it isn’t popular now but it is such a classic it never really goes out of style. I have a similar association with [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name] too.

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary (sorry if I got the ln wrong) WORKS! The repeating “a” sound between [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Alexis[/name] don’t bother me as they might normally and [name]Laura[/name] McCreary is dazzling!

[name]Lorelei[/name] McCreary is a bit tongue twistery with the "r"s and vowel sounds.

What about [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary? Her nn could be [name]Laura[/name] but it’d eliminate the similar sounds issue.[/quote]

I had mentioned [name]Laurel[/name] earlier with him and family…but our state’s flower is the Mountain [name]Laurel[/name] and they didn’t really like it…I thought it was nice. I had not seen the whole name written out and I really think it’s so pretty [name]Laura[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary. And [name]Laura[/name] McCreary looks very nice I think. Now, what about any alternative spelling? [name]Lara[/name]?

Too bad… [name]Laura[/name] is so pretty. That’s my daugher’s name. So we can’t have names that end in “uh”, “s”, or “y”. What about (to go with [name]Alexis[/name] and your last name):
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Marin[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name][/quote]

I like [name]Genevive[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name]. However, they were already vetoed :frowning: I do like [name]Rowan[/name] as well.

That’s a shame he didn’t like [name]Cecily[/name]! I loved that one. Maybe he’ll come around about [name]Bethany[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]!

And, [name]Lara[/name] is pronounced differently than [name]Laura[/name]. [name]Lara[/name] can be said “LAIR-uh” whereas [name]Laura[/name] is “LAR-uh” or “LOR-uh”…

I mentioned [name]Cecily[/name] to my oldest daughter and she loved it, but didn’t like [name]Bethany[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]. You see how hard this is? LOL

The gal who introduced us to the birth family just messaged me. She asked me what I thought of Elita. It means “chosen one” and I think it’s lovely. Not sure if the middle name flows tho: Elita [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary. But I wonder if I can honor the name [name]Alexis[/name] with [name]Alexandria[/name]…any thoughts?

I’m glad your daughter liked it! [name]May[/name] I ask what about the name your husband doesn’t like? Is it possible nicknames, negative connotation, something else? I just think it is SO perfect!

About Elita, I think the whole “chosen” idea is cute, but the name honestly reminds me of Selita, which I don’t care for. And, I don’t love it with the other kids’ names. I don’t think [name]Alexandra[/name] would help since there is still an Elita [name]Alexandra[/name] A-A situation…what a toughie! I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] this, but [name]Shiloh[/name] means “His gift” in Hebrew, so sort of along the same message. [name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Rain[/name] McCreary (sp?) is kind of nice…

I just can’t get past [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Rain[/name], though! I’m sorry! Good luck and keep me posted!

I just spoke to hubby (I have a son who is quite sick so was up checking on him. Hubby is at work so I called him)…he said he doesn’t not like [name]Cecily[/name], but has never heard of it. My daughter and I had discussed this name a week or two ago and then like I said, again tonight. So, we shall see…maybe he will fall asleep with it on his lips…LOL

I don’t know if perhaps your husband is a literary buff who is familiar with [name]Oscar[/name] Wilde’s “The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name],” but that is where I first learned of the name [name]Cecily[/name]. [name]Cecily[/name] Cardew is the name of [name]Ernest[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]'s ward in the play. Beyond that, it is an English name meaning “blind of self beauty.” I’m not totally sure what that meaning entails, but I interpret it as free of vanity, perhaps.

I hope that your son feels better soon. It’s awful to have a sick child.

While he loves to read, he isn’t a literary buff by any stretch! But he does appreciate a good, solid name. I couldn’t find any meanings on any groups that said anything other than “blind”…I am glad you mentioned the meaning you found. I think you are right. I believe the name means to be free of vanity.

I will run it by him again when he isn’t at work, and not sleepy from working 12 hrs and driving an hour home. I expect him anytime.