Back to the drawing board! HELP!

So I thought we were set with our boys names… finally! We had settled on:
[name]Peter[/name], [name]Eric[/name], Condrad and [name]Raphael[/name] and then today happened!
My friend [name]Chantal[/name] is one month farther along than me and just announced her future daughters name:
[name]Erica[/name] [name]Aspen[/name]
so [name]Eric[/name] is now out :frowning:
Then my silly (grr) husband asked some of his friends what they thought about the names and none of them knew how to properly spell [name]Raphael[/name] (when do guys know how to spell?) so my husband has crossed it off the list.
Now we need two more names to add to [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name].
Our middle names could possibly be [name]Soren[/name]/Sorensen and/or [name]North[/name] but we are pretty open to anything that sounds good.
I pretty much threw my list at my husband and told him to highlight the names he could live with:
[name]Alaric[/name] - I like how close this is to [name]Eric[/name] while being a totally different name.
[name]Anselm[/name] - I am not sure if this name is too ‘soft’ next to [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name].
[name]Bertram[/name] - I adore this name but see [name]Anselm[/name].
[name]Bertrand[/name] - A bit tougher than [name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name] - I adore this handsome name. it was in the running before but I didn’t want two ‘e’ names.
[name]Emmett[/name] - see [name]Edmund[/name].
[name]Miles[/name] - I like this name, but don’t know if it is too word like.
[name]Roderick[/name] - I love this tough name a lot!
What do you think? Be honest because my husband is kind of a worrier! :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are some thoughts/suggestions

[name]Alaric[/name] - I don’t mind [name]Alaric[/name], but I [name]LOVE[/name] the related name [name]Aric[/name] ([name]Air[/name]-ic) which although it sounds like [name]Erica[/name] has a lot of personality
[name]Anselm[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name, but it is a softer sound than your other choices
[name]Bertram[/name] - I like this better than [name]Bertrand[/name], but can’t get past “[name]Bert[/name]” as a nn.
[name]Bertrand[/name] -
[name]Edmund[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this. Very handsome.
[name]Emmett[/name] - See [name]Edmund[/name] :wink:
[name]Miles[/name] - I think this is more original than [name]Emmett[/name], and I like it.
[name]Roderick[/name] - I don’t think of this name as particularly tough.

[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Reginald[/name]
[name]Warren[/name]
[name]Winthrop[/name]
Wolfram

GL
T

i like both miles and roderick.

Have I mentioned that I have a son named [name]Miles[/name]? He has 3 kids now and his name has stood the test of time from babyhood to manhood. It has always been a brilliant name imo. I loved that it was unusual but not weird, it is handsome and manly. He gets his full name too which is a surprise in this day and age of nn’s. At school he was the only [name]Miles[/name] in a sea of Joshuas, [name]Daniels[/name] and Benjamins. It is a distinctive classy name, a strong name and one cannot guess the age of a [name]Miles[/name] because it is an uncommon name whatever era that person was born in and that is in distinct opposition to the forementioned names.

So, I hope that this post has given you some insight into someone who actually owns this name and if you like it enough I think it would be a brilliant name for a sibling to [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name], it has the same clean cut style and (colours blue and white).

best wishes

rollo

ps I can absolutely see an [name]Alec[/name] (full name) as a sibling too.

[name]Alec[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]

[name]Alaric[/name] - I like this name on paper, but I think it would be a tricky name to live with. The pronunciation isn’t intuitive. It also strikes me as kind of romance-novel-ish.
[name]Anselm[/name] - I agree that while this name is delightful, with Colonial [name]America[/name] connotations, it seems delicate next to your other choices.
[name]Bertram[/name] - I disagree that this is a softer-sounding name. [name]Say[/name] it out loud. With the forceful “b” and “t” sounds, it actually backs quite a punch. I like the nickname [name]Bert[/name] as well. This name strikes me as being very manly but also dapper.
[name]Bertrand[/name] - I like it but not as much as [name]Bertram[/name]. I think it’s harder to say.
[name]Edmund[/name] - This is my second favorite on your list. Classic but not overused. I don’t care for the nickname [name]Eddie[/name] personally but if you like it, I think [name]Edmund[/name] is a stellar choice.
[name]Emmett[/name] - Twilight. Absolutely not.
[name]Miles[/name] - This name, to me, is too soft as compared with [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name].
[name]Roderick[/name] - Ergh, too muscle-man for my tastes.

[name]Bertram[/name] [name]North[/name]
[name]Bertram[/name] Sorenson
[name]Edmund[/name] [name]North[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name] Sorenson

Would be my picks. :wink:

Of your list I prefer [name]Alaric[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name]. I think it makes a wonderful sibset with [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name] :slight_smile:

If a close friend hadn’t already used [name]Miles[/name] then it would be one our list. Great connotations, easy to pronounce, and a name with staying power. Oh I wish it weren’t “taken” for us!

Sorry to hear you lost [name]Eric[/name] from your list like that. (I adore [name]Eric[/name] and had wanted to use it, but it was too rhymey with our last name. I had also wanted to use [name]Peter[/name], but DH didn’t go for it.) Anyway, from your current list, I particularly like these names:

[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Roderick[/name]

I also like [name]Broderick[/name]. which may be a bit softer than [name]Roderick[/name], while still being a very strong name. Of course, both include the letters “eric,” which is nice.

I love [name]Alaric[/name], [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]. [name]Roderick[/name] is growing on me, but there is a trendy vibe to it that doesn’t exist with [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name]. I think [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Alaric[/name] sound awesome with [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name]. Those would be my top 4.

I personally like [name]Emmett[/name], as for the twilight reference, we can’t let pop culture ruin everything!

Have you thought about using Emerick (Norse name, but since you like [name]Eric[/name] and [name]Rodrick[/name]).

I like [name]Peter[/name], [name]Conrad[/name], [name]Edmund[/name] (or [name]Emmett[/name]–personally I hate [name]Ed[/name] so I’d use [name]Emmett[/name], even though I love [name]Edmund[/name] as a full name), and [name]Miles[/name]. You may want to rethink middle names if you do go with [name]Miles[/name] (which is one of my absolute favorite names, along with [name]Peter[/name])–[name]Miles[/name] [name]Soren[/name]/son kind of runs together, and [name]Miles[/name] [name]North[/name] is definitely too word-y!

After 24 hours of thinking it over and reading comments we are going with:
[name]Peter[/name], [name]Conrad[/name], [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Miles[/name].
As a pp said we need new middles.
[name]Miles[/name] [name]North[/name] sounds like it should have a number in front!
[name]Edmund[/name] Sorensen or [name]Edmund[/name] [name]North[/name] could work though!
Thanks for your help and if you can think of middles I would love that.

[name]Peter[/name], [name]Conrad[/name], [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Miles[/name].

Ahh I [name]LOVE[/name] these names even more then the originals. [name]Peter[/name] will be our first sons mn and [name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name] are both on my shortlist. [name]Miles[/name] is a great name too but its not an option for us. [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name] [name]North[/name] are both great combos. What did you have in mind for [name]Peter[/name]? Something think [name]Miles[/name] [name]Julian[/name], [name]Miles[/name] [name]Roderick[/name], [name]Miles[/name] [name]Ronan[/name], or [name]Miles[/name] [name]Holden[/name] would be nice.

I am going with [name]Peter[/name] Halen, Halen is my maiden name.

[name]Peter[/name] Halen
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
and new middles for

[name]Edmund[/name] [name]Alec[/name] (the reason I am suggesting [name]Alec[/name] is that it seems to be a name that is like [name]Eric[/name] (which you can’t use and [name]Alaric[/name] which may be too much name with [name]Edmund[/name]).
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Austin[/name]
[name]MIles[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Alister[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Deacon[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (if you don’t use [name]Alec[/name] somewhere)
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Connor[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Edward[/name]/[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]/[name]Antony[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Ellington[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]