back to the naming board

I’ve posted here a couple times so far- every time i feel were narrowing down a name another name pops up or i start to second guess…
My elder children’s names are in my signature. For our fourth we were thinking either
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Noor[/name_f]. Out of the blue my husband suggested [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] at first I thought it was fine but it’s really really starting to grow on me. What do you think of [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] with siblings [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] (son), [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] (daughter), & [name_m]Israel[/name_m] (son). I like [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but honestly just prefer [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]… would it be odd to give her only one middle name? All my other children have two middles. If you have any thoughts or suggestions i’d love to hear :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Alenka[/name_f]! Another, similar name that I looooooove is [name_f]Annika[/name_f]. I think that [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] sounds really nice with the sibling names. I also prefer [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] to [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (possibly because I’m more of a 1 mn kind of person), but I do think if all of her siblings have 2 middle names she might feel a bit left out. Maybe [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]?

I have a [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] too, and have found naming his sister to be quite hard.

From your list I prefer [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] is a fine name, I just think that [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous! I also think it fits better with siblings names but really all your name choices are lovely.

I agree with the above poster, [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] just leapt off the page at me! It’s definitely my favourite of the names you’re considering. As for [name_f]Alenka[/name_f], it’s unusual and quite beautiful, but somehow it feels a bit heavy or clunky to me - I much prefer [name_f]Annika[/name_f], [name_f]Alena[/name_f], [name_f]Eliska[/name_f] or [name_f]Elka[/name_f].

I love [name_u]Seren[/name_u] for a girl!! It goes really well with your sibset. I completely agree with others about [name_f]Alenka[/name_f] - it’s different and I can see how it could grow on you, but it’s initial presentation is heavy. I too prefer [name_f]Annika[/name_f], but prefer [name_u]Seren[/name_u] for you over [name_f]Annika[/name_f]. I love the mn combo [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Good luck!!

Thanks for all the feedback guys! We were pretty much set on [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] until [name_f]Alenka[/name_f]. I agree with everyone about the clunkiness of [name_f]Alenka[/name_f], but thats sort of what I find appealing about it…? I’m still unsure. Although with her sister’s very soft name of [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] maybe [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is the better choice.
and @lovelyday I’ve never met another [name_m]Viggo[/name_m]! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you mind my asking what [name_m]Viggo[/name_m]'s sister is called?

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know yet :slight_smile: We are still searching, I have another 13ish weeks.
We have a [name_m]Viggo[/name_m], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], and [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m].

[name_u]Seren[/name_u] is a winner :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Alenka[/name_f], but I just love [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!