Back with another middle name choice

I made a post about my middle name options for my daughter. Everyone loved [name_f]Amara[/name_f] [name_u]Lior[/name_u] and [name_f]Amara[/name_f] [name_f]Violette[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband vetoed [name_f]Violette[/name_f] and though we both LOVE [name_u]Lior[/name_u] we’re not quite ready to say that it’s “the one” yet. So I wanted to get everyones opinions on a new name I absolutely fell in love with.

How do you feel about [name_f]Amara[/name_f] [name_f]Mirielle[/name_f] (Meer-ee-EL)?

Now I know the [name_u]French[/name_u] version is spelled and pronounced differently [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] (meer-AY) but I do not like that spelling and pronunciation but I’m concerned that’s what [name_f]Mirielle[/name_f] will get confused with. Tell me your thoughts?

2 Likes

After I posted this my husband said he loves both spellings and pronunciations so we are open to both now lol do you like [name_f]Mirielle[/name_f] and [name_f]Mireille[/name_f]? Which one do you like better? Does it flow well with [name_f]Amara[/name_f]?

1 Like

No. I don’t think [name_f]Mirielle[/name_f] would get confused eith [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I read [name_f]Mirielle[/name_f] I intuitively pronounce it Meer-ee-EL and for that reason I prefer it to [name_f]Mireille[/name_f]. [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] looks beautiful but I’d be stumped to know how to pronounce it which makes it seem trickier to use (I’m in the US). Regardless, [name_f]Amara[/name_f] [name_f]Mirielle[/name_f] is a stunning combo! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes I second this! ^^^

I think I do still prefer [name_u]Lior[/name_u] to [name_f]Mirielle[/name_f]…but they’re both beautiful either way.

2 Likes

Both are beautiful. I love the repeated m sound. I like both pronunciations with the first name, but I wouldn’t guess you were going with the [name_u]French[/name_u] pronunciation of [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] unless you said so.

1 Like

Amara [name_f]Mirielle[/name_f] is glowing and lovely!!

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_f]Mireille[/name_f], as a matter of personal taste - it sounds a bit fantastical, which is lovely, although I think [name_f]Mirielle[/name_f] flows a little better with [name_f]Amara[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] only concern would be in it’s flow. Because of the repeated m_r_ section, I tend to trip over it a bit when I’m saying it quickly. It flows nicely if you say it once, slowly, but a little more than that gets tricky. It’s definitely a lovely choice - and stylistically matches well - but I think [name_u]Lior[/name_u] is a slightly better option!

1 Like