Bad connotation?

thoughts on uriah? does it make you think of urine or remind you too much of the Dickens character? i would prounounce it you-rye-ah, how would you? ty! : )

Yeah, it makes me think of [name_m]Uriah[/name_m] Heep :confused: I’d pronounce it the same as you

1 Like

Not only does it make me think of [name_m]Uriah[/name_m] Heep, it also is a grim/sad story in the Torah too.

I do like [name_m]Uri[/name_m], though.

2 Likes

Never heard of [name_m]Uriah[/name_m] Heep. I think of the Divergent character. Cool name! I say Yur-eye-uh

1 Like

It makes me think of urine. It doesn’t remind me of the Dickens character. I would pronounce it u-ree-ah,

3 Likes

I’d pronounce it yer-AYE-uh. I suppose it does make me think of the word urine, but it’s not an absurd, all-encompassing turn off for me. I could quickly learn to associate that name with a person rather than that word, if I ever met a [name_m]Uriah[/name_m]!

I pronounce the name yur-eye-uh! I also think of the character from the Divergent books!! I think [name_m]Uri[/name_m] is a cute nn, too!

I do think of [name_m]Uriah[/name_m] Heep, but I love the name [name_m]Uriah[/name_m] despite that! The Divergent character also comes to mind. I pronounce it yur-eye-uh.

It does make me think of [name_m]Uriah[/name_m] Heep, I don’t think that makes it completely unusable though. I’d pronounce either how you did or Yur-eye-ah (they sound very similar to me)

I would pronounce it like you. Unfortunately it does make me think of urine, but I’m not sure if it’s a strong enough association to make the name unusable.

Unfortunately, I do think of urine and urethra. Sorry!

I also think of urine and urethra. Unfortunate but I consider it unusable because of this.

I immediately thought of urine when I read the name unfortunately. I would pronounce it your-eye-uh?