Balian? Too girly?

Hubby mentioned he liked the name Balian. [name]Do[/name] you think it’s too girly?
Which spelling do you prefer? Balian, Baylian, Balien ?
Would it be too much with the last name sounds like [name]Lennon[/name]?
Would probably use the nickname [name]Bay[/name], middle name would be [name]William[/name].

Any thoughts on the matter would be helpful.

I’m not sure how to pronounce it… [name]BAY[/name]-lee-an??

I think Balian [name]William[/name] [name]Lennon[/name] is very ‘l’ heavy…

I think [name]Bay[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Lennon[/name] is very handsome though - is [name]Bay[/name] not an option on it’s own??

ETA - sorry, didn’t answer the ‘girly’ question… I think I’d probably categorise it as unisex…

Good luck :slight_smile:

It doesn’t look “too girly”. I prefer the original spelling - Balian. I’d pronounce it bal (rhymes with val or sal)-ee-un. Balian [name]Lennon[/name] is “l” heavy, especially so with the middle name of [name]William[/name]. [name]Bay[/name] does sound a bit too feminine.

Thanks for the feedback. Our names tend to get L heavy really quick!
It is bay-lee-un - and hubby seems to like it, which is unusual since he tends to like very strong macho names. I thought it wasn’t manly enough and I think with the nn [name]Bay[/name] it is cute, but not fitting for an older man.
Thanks everyone! I’ll let hubby decide if he wants to keep it as a middle, but I only liked bay, so… Seems like a waste! :wink: