Barbie (or other) Doll Names

I would love to know what you named your first [name]Barbie[/name] [name]Doll[/name] (or other doll), and why.

Mine was an ash blonde [name]Barbie[/name] and I named her [name]Sharon[/name] [name]Karen[/name]. [name]How[/name] funny!! She always wore a pink sparkly swimsuit.

So what’s yours?

My three favourite ragdolls as a kid were [name]Susie[/name], [name]Jenny[/name], and [name]Suzy[/name].

I had a very odd name and was the only one by it I knew, and I for whatever reason prized common, girly names. I thought [name]Susie[/name] (both spellings) and [name]Jenny[/name] were the most beautiful, feminine, simple, everyone-instantly-knew them names ever.

My favourite [name]Barbie[/name] I named [name]Karen[/name]. I had a bunch, of a range of vintages, and she was “the prettiest.” I thought she was incredibly sophisticated looking - she was INCREDIBLY '80s, with the very dark suntan they gave Malibu Barbies for awhile, white-blond hair with silvery TINSEL in it, and gold-and-purple eyeshadow and really, really red lipstick. [name]Karen[/name] was, I was convinced, an incredibly sophisticated name.

She really was striking compared to other Barbies with pink lips, less glittery makeup paint, and hair or skin colours found in nature.

I love your post! Oh I agree, [name]Karen[/name] seemed to me the most sophisticated name ever. I mean, for heaven sakes, mine wore a pink sparkly swimsuit. [name]How[/name] more sophisticated can you be than that!?

I inherited many barbie dolls from my mother so I named them the most beautiful names I could think of at the time :slight_smile: which were:
[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
Sophe
and Kenowyth (I thought [name]Ken[/name] was short for Kenowyth, which to a 5 year old me was perfectly fine and sophisticated) :slight_smile:
What a fun post!

My sister’s first and favorite [name]Barbie[/name] was [name]Marie[/name] too. Funny how that name probably wouldn’t be used on a [name]Barbie[/name] doll by little girls nowadays but was totally chic for a time. And Kenowyth! Ha ha! That’s hilarious!

My [name]Barbie[/name] doll was just named [name]Barbie[/name] (pretty unoriginal!).

I named my first baby doll [name]Abigail[/name]. I remember that my mother read out names (in alphabetic order) from the baby name book we had at home, and [name]Abigail[/name] was as far as we got. That is why my next baby dolls were named [name]Amelia[/name], then [name]Amy[/name], and then the twins - [name]Ariel[/name] and [name]Ashley[/name]. When I got my last baby doll (when I was around ten), I decided that I liked the name [name]Jenny[/name]. Otherwise though, their names all began with “A.”

I would change my Barbies’ names, for some reason, except I had twin Skippers I called [name]Lacy[/name] and [name]Stacy[/name]. (groan, I know). But my favorite dolls were two [name]Baby[/name] So Beautifuls named [name]Lily[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Natalie[/name]. I also had a Cabbage Patches named [name]Billy[/name], [name]Kimberly[/name] [name]Ashley[/name], and [name]Bessie[/name] [name]Leslie[/name], and a favorite porcelain doll called [name]Holly[/name].

The only [name]Barbie[/name] I remember naming was my ugly little [name]Skipper[/name] doll, whom I called [name]Brenda[/name].

[name]Baby[/name] dolls…their names ran the gamut of 80s-90s names (probably since I didn’t have such a name myself): [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Katie[/name]

I did have a hot pink piggy bank named [name]Bo[/name]-[name]Baby[/name]…and a stuffed fluffy dog named Benetheo (yes, I invented his name at age 4 and thought it was lovely). :slight_smile:

I think I kept the same name that the barbie dolls originally came with. Although I do remember that I had one of the generation dolls and one of the dolls name was [name]Lara[/name] but when I was younger I thought it said [name]Laura[/name] so I called her [name]Laura[/name].