Baseball baby

I earned my reputation as a baby namer! [name_f]My[/name_f] other half turned to me and said “You HAVE to read this.”

Tampa [name_u]Bay[/name_u] Rays center fielder [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] Kiermaier and his wife had a baby, [name_m]Krew[/name_m] [name_m]Jax[/name_m]. Their first son is [name_u]James[/name_u] (which is [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] Kiermaier’s middle name).

Now aforementioned other half is going down a rabbit hole of baseball baby names (one of us! one of us!), he’s flabbergasted to learn this is the second [name_m]Krew[/name_m] baby in baseball.

Unrelated to names, this baby is very big, clocking in and 9 lbs 14 oz.

5 Likes

James and [name_m]Krew[/name_m] is such an unmatched sibset :flushed:

4 Likes

Krew [name_m]Jax[/name_m] is pretty abrupt. Also, I wish it was spelled [name_m]Crew[/name_m]. I agree with the previous post about the sibset :grimacing:

3 Likes

Well I actually like it! [name_m]Krew[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u] are different styles but they sound okay together!

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like

As an outside observer it seems like the common thread is that they are named after their dad, one has his middle name, the other has his same three initials :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Yeah I like that spelling more as well. [name_f]My[/name_f] guess is that they were trying to match his dad’s initials KJK

1 Like

Wow, this is my moment, y’all.

The exact thing I thought when I saw the Kiermaier news was how [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]’s son is also [name_m]Krew[/name_m].

I should add that [name_m]Crew[/name_m]/Crue/Cru is a disproportionately popular name among baseball players, too. [name_u]Kyle[/name_u] [name_m]Seager[/name_m], [name_m]Jacoby[/name_m] Ellsbury, [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] DeSclafani, [name_m]Joe[/name_m] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], and [name_m]Mitch[/name_m] Moreland each have one, I’m sure there are others I can’t dredge up in my memory because there are far too many baseball families for even me to keep track of.

2 Likes

What is it about [name_m]Crew[/name_m] et al that is so appealing to baseball players, I wonder? I also wonder if it’s disproportionately popular among all athletes, or just baseball/MLB?

[name_m]Krew[/name_m] [name_m]Jax[/name_m] just isn’t a combo that I think works very well. [name_m]Krew[/name_m] and [name_m]Jax[/name_m] would be great as brothers, but it just doesn’t work well in the same combo imo. [name_m]Krew[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u], while being mismatched, aren’t too farfetched for brothers, I don’t think. At least they’re the same sort of length and one syllable; I think that makes them go together better than their styles do.

Upon reading other’s posts: wow, what is it about [name_m]Crew[/name_m] that baseball players love? That’s crazy that so many have a [name_m]Crew[/name_m] (or a spelling variation of).

1 Like

There’s definitely a sort of style that most baseball baby names occupy, which is probably half a product of their super masculine dads and the rest because most American ballplayers are from the [name_u]South[/name_u], it’s super interesting. I love [name_m]Crew[/name_m] personally but I think largely because I hear it so much through them, ha.

I feel like there are a few more I see a lot with baseball players – things like [name_m]Turner[/name_m], [name_m]Jax[/name_m], and [name_m]Bryson[/name_m]. There’s definitely a vibe there that I started out really not interested in but that has grown on me more than I’d like to admit. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am confused at the point of this thread, TBH.

A baseball player had a baby and we’re discussing the baby’s name and how baseball players names their kids

2 Likes

Oh, thanks!

I think [name_m]Turner[/name_m] is cute!