Battle of the Names: My Unique Names vs. DH's Normal Names

Our styles are completely opposite! I really can’t stand common names, and DH will only consider it a name if he has heard it before - he especially likes the really common names.

He likes:
[name]Bella[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] this! I think [name]Bella[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is gorgeous, but I feel it is ruined by it’s commonness)
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] (Sweet, but not exotic enough for my taste)
[name]Ava[/name]/[name]Eva[/name] (It’s very pretty, but it has become a little passe, in my opinion.)

and I like:
[name]Lilia[/name]
Am”lie
[name]Amara[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name] (My favorite! But it’s too close to my fn to use as our baby’s fn - it would have to be her mn)

We had decided on [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Natalia[/name]. Now, I don’t know why, but I’m not “in love” with it - in fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever “loved” [name]Sophia[/name]. But it’s the only name that we both can agree on.

I like [name]Sophia[/name], but I don’t see how it’s special or anything. I don’t even think it sounds that pretty… it just has a nice feeling to it. It also bothers me that its so common. I think I need to be talked into loving this name… I need someone to tell me how wonderful it is, and why it is so great, otherwise it’s just okay. It does have a slight sentimental value to me though… not enough to make me love it, though.

What about [name]Lilia[/name], nickname [name]Lily[/name]?

I thought [name]Lilia[/name] nn. [name]Lily[/name] would be perfect, too. DH hates [name]Lilia[/name] because it’s not common enough

What about [name]Liliana[/name]?

Or how about a more unusual [name]Bella[/name] name that he can nn [name]Bella[/name] like [name]Mirabella[/name]/[name]Mirabelle[/name], [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Clarabelle[/name], [name]Christabel[/name], [name]Annabella[/name], [name]Elizabella[/name], [name]Maribel[/name] etc.

I don’t think your tastes are a world apart so I’m sure you can find a compromise!

[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] would be lovely - will he consider [name]Amelie[/name] as there wa sa famous movie of that name so it’s quite well known? And it’s similar to [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Emily[/name]? If not how about [name]Amalia[/name]? Name of the Dutch [name]Princess[/name] and an old vintage name but very familiar sounding.

Maybe [name]Amalia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Amalia[/name] [name]Eva[/name], [name]Amalia[/name] [name]Belle[/name]?

Good luck!