Bay for a Boy ot a girl?

Would you use [name_u]Bay[/name_u] for a boy or a girl?

What middle name would you choose?

I always thought [name_u]Bay[/name_u] was more masculine and really like [name_u]Bay[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]… But ive just seen someine use [name_u]Bay[/name_u] as a feminine name and its just flipped my world… Id love your thoughts and middle suggestions

I personally prefer it on a girl, but I do like it on a boy. Not sure about middles…

Also, I feel obligated to point out that when people hear it, they may automatically think of the term ‘bae’. Not sure if that would bother you or not, but it’s something to think about!

2 Likes

Yes! I love it for a girl too. Strangely, I see [name_u]Bay[/name_u] as more feminine, probably because I think of [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Fay[/name_f] and [name_u]Kay[/name_u]. I’ve had [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_u]Bay[/name_u] on my list which I think sounds like the name of a beach but I really like it!

1 Like

Magnolia [name_u]Bay[/name_u] sounds like a good person! [name_u]Beach[/name_u] hut or no beach hut

I like it equally for a boy or a girl, though I probably wouldn’t use it for a first because people will likely mistake it for “bae” :frowning_face: which is a shame because I like the sound and the beachy meaning.

1 Like

I hope [name_f]Bae[/name_f] is a phase which fizzles out pretty quickly!!

2 Likes

Me too!!

I love [name_u]Bay[/name_u] on a boy! So soft and sweet. There’s a character on the tv show Once Upon a Time named [name_f]Bae[/name_f] (a nickname though!), and I fell in love with it instantly. I agree that I hope the ‘bae’ association eventually fades.

Bay [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is great, by the way! Though it does remind me of actress [name_f]Bea[/name_f] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]!

1 Like

It feels very boyish to me!
[name_u]Bay[/name_u] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u] [name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

1 Like

I think it’s entirely unisex!

1 Like

There was a NBA basketball player named [name_m]Bayard[/name_m] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]. He went by [name_u]Bay[/name_u]. No one ever thought of bae; the only thing anyone ever thought of when hearing his name was the type of body of water known as a bay.

1 Like

I like it especially for a girl in the middle spot.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Bay[/name_u] for both boy and girl but I prefer to have it as a middle

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Bay[/name_u] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] thank you so much x

1 Like