Bea or Bee for Phoebe?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!!

I love the name [name_f]Bea[/name_f] as a nickname but the only name I like which could work is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], random question but do you think it would have to be spelt [name_f]Bee[/name_f] for this to work with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] as there is no a in the name??

I love the name [name_f]Bea[/name_f] on its own but unfortunately it doesn’t work with our last name which begins with B. So I’d love to call her [name_f]Bea[/name_f] most of the time but it not be that way on paper, and occasionally call her by her full name :slight_smile:

I’m not as keen on [name_f]Bee[/name_f] but don’t know if this looks more correct.

I say go for it. It is not unusual to add a letter or two that is not in the original name to make a nickname work. I love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f].

2 Likes

I think using [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is fine if your prefer it

1 Like

I think [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is a little weird as a nickname for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], because there is no A in [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] nickname [name_f]Bea[/name_f] makes sense, but [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] nickname [name_f]Bea[/name_f] doesn’t soo much to me. I would use [name_f]Bee[/name_f], but [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is fine if you prefer it.

1 Like

Thank you this is what I’m debating if it doesn’t quite fit! [name_f]Bee[/name_f] is still nice I just think [name_f]Bea[/name_f] looks more like an actual name as I was hoping to use it more than [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] itself :slight_smile:

But [name_f]Bee[/name_f] is nice too if it’s fits better :slight_smile:

I don’t see any problem with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f].

1 Like

Phoebe nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is great! You could even consider other names ending in be/by. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]? I also like [name_f]Bea[/name_f] on its own but understand if it clashes with your last name.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is so cute. I personally prefer [name_f]Bea[/name_f], but [name_f]Bee[/name_f] does sort of make more sense in my opinion. I wouldn’t say that [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is totally off though. So, if you prefer [name_f]Bea[/name_f] go for it. It doesn’t seem that far of a stretch.

Also, have you thought of [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f]/Bea? Or [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]? I’m guessing that you’ve thought of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] thought I’d mention the others. I do quite like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] though!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely use [name_f]Bea[/name_f] if you like it. I also think [name_f]Bea[/name_f] ages better; [name_f]Bee[/name_f] is more cutesy

1 Like

Phoebe and [name_f]Bea[/name_f]/Bee are both adorable! I agree with others who’ve said to go for [name_f]Bea[/name_f] if it’s your favorite. I honestly don’t think anyone else would give it a second thought, and I think it would be more likely to last/age better that way anyway!

1 Like

With [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], I would use [name_f]Bee[/name_f] as a nickname and I would choose [name_f]Bea[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/Beatrix/Beatriz/Bellatrix.

1 Like

While I personally prefer [name_f]Bee[/name_f], I think [name_f]Bea[/name_f] could work too!
Lots of nicknames use letters that aren’t in the name ([name_u]Billy[/name_u] for [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_m]Hank[/name_m] for [name_m]Henry[/name_m], etc)! So I don’t see a problem with it.

I love [name_f]Bea[/name_f]/Bee so much, by the way! So sweet and spunky. I think [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is a beautiful choice!

1 Like

I think they both work! So cute!

1 Like

They are the same name as far as I’m concerned. AS they said above If we can have [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_m]John[/name_m] nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m] etc you can use [name_f]Bee[/name_f] or [name_f]Bea[/name_f] for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Bea[/name_f] as nn for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is inspired. I love it. Charming, vintage, unexpected, a little offbeat. No one will question the connection, but she won’t be one of ten “[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], called [name_f]Bea[/name_f]”

1 Like

It absolutely works. Nicknames are what you want, and within reason, there’s almost wiggle room for anything. I know of a family who affectionately called their daughter (in public, proudly) “Goose.” It had absolutely nothing to do with her actual name.

Bea for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is a great one.

1 Like

Thank you that’s a great suggestion I actually quite like [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] as that’s when she’s due xx

Thank you I prefer [name_f]Bea[/name_f] too just looks a little more like it might age well with her and I just love the name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] partner is very fussy so I feel lucky he likes [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] but he’s not keen on many others :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks I love this response has made me love it myself even more!

Bea looks better than bee in my opinion so I say go for it

1 Like