Beachy middle names are they too much?

Hey Berries!

So I am quite a fan of the salt water soaked names. More so as middle names than anything else. I like [name_f]Breeze[/name_f], [name_u]Haven[/name_u], and [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] for the girls and [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] and [name_u]Bay[/name_u] for boys. I have a real connection to the sea, my family has spent every summer of our lives staying by the sea, and my closest loved ones have also been scattered at sea. So it seems like a positive association for me. My question is having a nature middle name a bit much? While I love some of these I’d probably never use them because they’re so obvious; but would it be limiting if I paired a nice classic name with a beachy middle name?

This will probably sound terrible, but as much as I love a classic first name with a more unique middle name, I worry they’ll end up sounding trashy or uneducated. Thoughts?

DISCLAIMER: And I am not saying that anyone who has chosen unique middle names for their children are trashy! I am just scared mine will be.

I really love all those names, my favorite has to be [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] though. I don’t think any of your middle name choices are trashy. I had a friend in college with the middle name [name_f]Topaz[/name_f] and I always thought it was very cool. If you love the sea you could check out sea themed first names too like [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] etc.

[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] and [name_u]Bay[/name_u] get my vote. [name_f]Emerald[/name_f], while whimsical, also has some history of use as an actual name. [name_f]Breeze[/name_f] and [name_u]Haven[/name_u] don’t, and [name_u]Haven[/name_u] makes me think of [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] [name_f]Alba[/name_f]. [name_f]Maris[/name_f] means “of the sea” - referring to the Virgin [name_f]Mary[/name_f] ([name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f] - “star of the sea.”) It could be nice with [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]. With [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] and [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], I prefer [name_u]Bay[/name_u] to [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] - it has better rhythm.

I’d say to go for it! It has special connection to you and nature names can be so much fun! More beachy names…

[name_u]Dune[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_u]Gale[/name_u]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u]

I love the beach theme…

I also like [name_f]Breeze[/name_f], [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] & [name_u]Bay[/name_u]…

What about:

Seabreeze
Maritime
[name_u]Neptune[/name_u]
[name_m]Poseidon[/name_m]
Waverton
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
Earendil
Chenoa
Hibiscus
Frangipani
[name_f]India[/name_f]
[name_f]Venus[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
Seabrooke
[name_m]Kaius[/name_m] ([name_u]Kai[/name_u] as the NN)
[name_u]Shelley[/name_u]
[name_f]Oceane[/name_f]
[name_m]Captain[/name_m]
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
Aquamarine
[name_f]Gidget[/name_f]
[name_f]Sirena[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]/ [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] ([name_f]Pearl[/name_f])
Salt/ Seasalt
Caribbean / Belize / [name_f]Santa[/name_f] [name_f]Monica[/name_f] / [name_m]Hampton[/name_m] / [name_m]Byron[/name_m] / Maldives / Zanzibar / Whitsunday / [name_u]Morocco[/name_u] / [name_f]Jamaica[/name_f] etc
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]
[name_m]Ziggy[/name_m]
[name_f]Fuchsia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
Seagreen
Seablue
Seagrass
Ulysses
Rain
Storm
River
Lake
Oakley
August
Safari
Savannah
Eden
Jack
Sparrow
Falcon
Kingfisher
Heron
Albatross
Coleridge

:slight_smile:

Double post

Ooh, I love ocean names - paired with a classic first name, you’ve nothing to worry about. The ones you’ve listed don’t seem trashy to me, particularly if they’re used as middle names. After all, on the off chance anyone comments on it to your child or you, it’s easy enough to explain that the sea has a special meaning for you.

My favourites, and others you might like:
[name_f]Doris[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]/[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ianthe[/name_f]
Thaea
[name_f]Maris[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]/[name_f]Marin[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]

Boys:
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u]

I love your choices of [name_u]Haven[/name_u] and [name_u]Harbor[/name_u]. I also love the above suggestion of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f], lovely! [name_f]Marina[/name_f] has always been a favorite as well.
No, I don’t think you should worry about them sounding trashy. Your choices have a lot of taste. Also, if you use a first name that has a classic touch it’s just the cherry on top.

Not exactly the same but similar. I see this one being more about how the names are perceived.

I think the beach-y middle is fine. I just don’t like names that are what most people (esp guys) would consider to be stripper names. None of your names are even close, so I think you’re fine!

I think “nature” middle names are great, especially when they hold special meaning to your family. I think your ideas will make lovely names when paired with the right first name. I say go for it!

Oh, also [name_f]Indigo[/name_f] (I know it’s a colour, but it always reminds me of the sea).

I love sea/ocean-y names. Emerald is beautiful.

Here are some from my own list:
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlin[/name_u]