Beagle/Weenie needs a name!

She’s very sweet and lovable and I’ll post a picture. The only criteria is that we’d like it to come from Greek or Norse mythology. :slight_smile: It doesn’t have to though, just what we’re shooting at. Our other pets are [name_m]Pan[/name_m], [name_u]Zen[/name_u], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], Alsandair (which is a name from my novel). We also had a [name_u]Loki[/name_u].

We’ve thought about [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_f]Marietta[/name_f] (which is a crazy woman from my novel), Gir, and Sooba.

So cuuute! You need a Norse name.

Bifrost - the rainbow connecting Midgard and Asgard
Eisa or Eimyrja - [name_m]King[/name_m] Logi’s beautiful daughters “glowing embers”
Gersemi or Hnoss- Freyja’s beautiful daughters “treasure” and “ornament”
Hrimfaxi - Nott’s horse
Iving - the river separating Asgard and Jotunheimen
Ljosalf - the light elves
Mardoll or Vanadis - epithets of Freyja
Nott - [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of the night
Skuld, Verdande or Wyrd - the Norns
[name_m]Sol[/name_m] - [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of the sun
Ydalir - Ullr’s hall

From the ones you’ve got I like Sooba and [name_f]Marietta[/name_f]! [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]'s beautiful too but I was hoping you’d use that for a child…

We liked [name_m]Sol[/name_m], Iving, and Eisa, but none of them fit. :stuck_out_tongue:

She has bursts of being very hyper, very energetic and then long stretches of being sweet and calm and happy. Then she’ll randomly open her mouth all the way and lay her tongue on my leg and just sit there with her tongue on my leg and her mouth open. O_o If she were a boy, she’d just be [name_u]Loki[/name_u].

Got any Norse names to fit that ^^

Mischievous names of awesomeness:

Glitnir - Forseti’s hall of gold and silver
Gulltopp - Heimdall’s horse with the golden mane
Gullveig - maiden burnt and reborn three times, became a [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of sorcery
Hel/Helle - [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of the underworld
Huginn or Muninn - [name_m]Odin[/name_m]'s ravens (I love Huginn for you)
Lofn - [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of forbidden love
[name_m]Ran[/name_m] - [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of the sea (long a, rahn)
Rind/[name_f]Rinda[/name_f] - a beautiful princess/giantess
Sigyn - [name_u]Loki[/name_u]'s wife
Skathi/Skadi- [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of bow hunting, skiing and winter
Thiassi - an ice giant
Yggdrasil - the tree

Oh she’s gorgeous! [name_m]How[/name_m] exciting for you :slight_smile: I love my pup more than anything!
Aella (Greek, ‘whirlwind’, which it certainly sounds like she is! The Amazon warrior killed by [name_m]Herakles[/name_m])
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u] (the nymph who fell in love with [name_m]Odysseus[/name_m])
[name_f]Eris[/name_f] (chaos! :p)
[name_f]Clio[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_u]Nike[/name_u] (I just love this one, but it’s a bit ruined for a child because of the brand. But [name_u]Nike[/name_u] would be great on a pup!)
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]

Oh, I thought of one more! Freyja’s cats! Bygul and Tregul. Bygul means bee-gold (honey) and Tregul means tree-gold (amber).

I think Sooba really fits but I also like [name_f]Niobe[/name_f] and [name_f]Idony[/name_f]

Thank you all. He decided on Hel for a while, then changed his mind and decided he wanted Lilit which is the name of the goddess of chaos, madness, and riddles in my novel and the personality of the dog and of the character are perfect. :slight_smile: