Beatle inspired names? :)

My partner and I both love the Beatles music.
Now we are asking your opinion on this: [name]Do[/name] you think it would be too weird if we chose “beatle inspired” names for our kids.
I’m loving this idea now, but we might just use these names as middle names later on if we decide its too crazy…
Anyways! Here are some Beatles names we have come up with that we love!

Girls:
[name]Nora[/name] ([name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Rigby[/name]) - This has always been my favourite girls name!
[name]Lucille[/name] ([name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] in the [name]Sky[/name] with [name]Diamond[/name]) - I love [name]Lucy[/name] for short.
[name]Margaret[/name] ([name]Maggie[/name] [name]Mae[/name]) - Is this too plain for a first name?
[name]Ruby[/name] ( [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Baby[/name]) - I love it… but is it too popular?

Boys:
[name]Jude[/name] (Hey [name]Jude[/name]) - Is this too popular now?
[name]Jonathon[/name] ([name]Johnny[/name] B. Goode) - Too plain for a first name?
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Teddy[/name] Boy) - My all time favourite boy name!

I would have never considered this if [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] were not what I was planning to name my first boy and girl anyways…
So which 4 (two of each gender) do you think we should consider if we go with this theme?

Btw: I’m sure some of you would suggest we use [name]Maxwell[/name] from [name]Maxwell[/name]'s [name]Silver[/name] Hammer, but my cousin is named [name]Max[/name], so unfortunately we can’t use that one :frowning:

Thanks!

[name]Sarah[/name] [& [name]Adam[/name]]
:slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s crazy at all. The names you are considering are all classics, certainly not names that you hear and immediately think that they must have been Beatles-inspired. [name]Even[/name] taken together, the theme actually wouldn’t be obvious to most people. I think it’s kind of fun that their names would have this private connection.

I don’t think it’s crazy at all, as I very much doubt anyone will notice the theme, and you have some very nice names there.

I adore [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Honora[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] is on our list, and [name]Theodore[/name] is one of our sons’ middles - I would have loved to use it for a first, nn [name]Teddy[/name], but it creates bear-themed issues with our names), and [name]Lucille[/name] is a lovely vintage choice and [name]Jude[/name] is very handsome (not too popular here, but I am in [name]England[/name]).

I’m personally not crazy about [name]Jonathan[/name], but it is not by any stretch a bad name, it just doesn’t bowl me over. I personally think it’s a little plain in comparison with [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], but perhaps that is because I love those names so much.

[name]Ruby[/name] is getting popular, but it fits in vintage style with your other girl choices.

I adore [name]Maggie[/name], and think it fits perfectly with your other names, especially [name]Nora[/name] - not plain at all! One of our twin girls will be [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name], and you could also get it from [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Magdalen[/name]/a, and, at a stretch, [name]Margo[/name]/t.

Other Beatles’ song names :
[name]Maxwell[/name] ([name]Max[/name] is getting popular, though, and he was a serial murderer in the song, so perhaps not!)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Lizzy[/name] (Dizzy Miss [name]Lizzy[/name])
[name]Rita[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Sally[/name] ([name]Long[/name] Tall [name]Sally[/name])
[name]Martha[/name] ([name]Martha[/name] My Dear).

Good luck!

I don’t think it’s weird at all! I like the idea of having the names have a connection to an interest that you and your partner share. And the Beatles theme won’t be obvious to non-Beatles fans, anyway.

Of the four you listed, I’d definitely go with [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], since you said they’re your favorites. Then I’d probably go with [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Jonathan[/name], which I don’t think are too plain. I also do love [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Jude[/name], which are getting more popular but I don’t hear them all the time or anything.

Some other Beatles names:
Girls:
[name]Sally[/name] ([name]Long[/name] Tall [name]Sally[/name])
[name]Michelle[/name] ([name]Michelle[/name])- may be a little dated, though
[name]Sadie[/name] (Sexy [name]Sadie[/name])

Boys:
[name]Rocky[/name] ([name]Rocky[/name] Racoon)
[name]Harrison[/name] (as in [name]George[/name])
[name]Lennon[/name] (as in [name]John[/name])

I love the Beatles’ music, too!

If you love Beatles music I think Beatles inspired names are wonderful! None of the names on your list are too out there or extremely identifiable with the Beatles. If I met siblings [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], my first thought would not be Beatles. If I took a second I would probably figure out the theme, but I’m also a big Beatles fan. Someone who is not would probably not notice it. I’m always for giving names that have personal sentiment or feeling. If that means naming after a favorite band, by all means, go for it.

Girls:
[name]Nora[/name] ([name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Rigby[/name]) - This name has always been a favorite of mine. [name]Nora[/name] is also a very cute name that works in full I think. If you want to fully reference the song I’d go with [name]Eleanor[/name], nn [name]Nora[/name], but [name]Nora[/name] is fine as well.
[name]Lucille[/name] ([name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] in the [name]Sky[/name] with [name]Diamond[/name]) - I love [name]Lucy[/name] for short as well. I’m glad you like [name]Lucille[/name], because I think it works better as a full name with nn [name]Lucy[/name] (rather than [name]Lucy[/name] being the full name). Very classy and feminine.
[name]Margaret[/name] ([name]Maggie[/name] [name]Mae[/name]) - I do not think [name]Margaret[/name] is too plain. It’s very classic and pretty and has so many wonderful nicknames to chose from. You really can’t go wrong with such a classic.
[name]Ruby[/name] ( [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Baby[/name]) - Getting very popular. Still cute though. The least identifiably Beatles to me. When I see this name I think trendy, not Beatles.

Boys:
[name]Jude[/name] (Hey [name]Jude[/name]) - The most recognizably Beatles of all your boys names. I love this name. I love [name]Judah[/name] as well, but [name]Jude[/name] is just as nice. I don’t think its getting too popular.
[name]Jonathon[/name] ([name]Johnny[/name] B. Goode) - not my favorite name in general. I think [name]Jon[/name] is pretty plain as nicknames come, though [name]Jonathan[/name] is refreshing. [name]Johnny[/name] is a bit old school but could work.
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Teddy[/name] Boy) - love this name. Classic and masculine, [name]Teddy[/name] is very cute and [name]Theo[/name] is very modern. [name]Love[/name] it.

I think of your names [name]Nora[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] would make great siblings! I love [name]Lucille[/name] as well but [name]Lucy[/name] is being too popular for me. I’m sure as a big Beatles fan you’ve considered all these names but some other favorites of mine are:

[name]Michelle[/name] - ([name]Michelle[/name])
[name]Anna[/name] - [name]Anna[/name] (Go to Him)
[name]Clarabella[/name] - (most don’t know the song, but it’s a personal favorite)
[name]Prudence[/name] - (Dear [name]Prudence[/name])
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - (Dizzy Miss [name]Lizzy[/name])
[name]Robert[/name] (Dr. [name]Robert[/name])
[name]Julia[/name] ([name]Julia[/name])
[name]Rita[/name] ([name]Lovely[/name] [name]Rita[/name])
[name]Martha[/name] ([name]Martha[/name] My Dear)
[name]Penelope[/name]/[name]Penny[/name] ([name]Penny[/name] [name]Lane[/name], a stretch but I love the name [name]Penny[/name] and the song!)
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (What’s new [name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name])

Some of these are styllistically different ([name]Prudence[/name], [name]Rita[/name], etc) but I think [name]Julia[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] all fit in really well with the names you like. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

No [name]Penny[/name]/[name]Laney[/name] ([name]Penny[/name] [name]Lane[/name])?

[name]Sarah[/name]

You have to have [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Paul[/name] [name]Lennon[/name] and daughter [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Star[/name]!

[name]Love[/name] the idea of giving the kids Beatles names. I just [name]LOVE[/name] the Beatles!!

I think this is brilliant! I like that it is a very subtle connection. Seems more fun than simply using their names.

Girls:
[name]Nora[/name] ([name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Rigby[/name]) - I share your adoration for [name]Nora[/name]. It’s cute on a little girl, cool on a teenager, and sophisticated on an adult.
[name]Lucille[/name] ([name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] in the [name]Sky[/name] with [name]Diamond[/name]) - [name]Lucy[/name] is great too, and goes well with [name]Nora[/name].
[name]Margaret[/name] ([name]Maggie[/name] [name]Mae[/name]) - I love [name]Maggie[/name], but [name]Margaret[/name] has never done much for me. If you also think it is boring, perhaps you could look into other ways of getting [name]Maggie[/name]? I prefer getting [name]Maggie[/name] from a more formal name, but I like it enough to use a formal name I like less, like [name]Margaret[/name], to get to it.
[name]Ruby[/name] ( [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Baby[/name]) - I wouldn’t say it is too popular…yet. I do like your other names better though since, you are taking different forms of the names to either refer to the song, or get to the name from the song by nn.

Boys:
[name]Jude[/name] (Hey [name]Jude[/name]) - see [name]Ruby[/name], not worth crossing off for that reason though
[name]Jonathon[/name] ([name]Johnny[/name] B. Goode) - I wouldn’t call this name boring. It’s classic and handsome.
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Teddy[/name] Boy) - [name]Love[/name] it.

I like [name]Nora[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] the best. [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] are pretty recognizable as Beatles references when put together though, so if that bothers you [name]Nora[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Nora[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Johnny[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] might be better options (assuming you had two girls and two boys, just for practicality’s sake).

This is a great idea!

[name]Nora[/name]: I prefer [name]Eleanor[/name] to [name]Nora[/name] by itself but both work well.
[name]Lucille[/name]: While I love the name [name]Lucy[/name], for some reason I can’t think of [name]Lucille[/name] without thinking of [name]Lucille[/name] Ball! Maybe [name]Lucia[/name] would be another option (probably you love [name]Lucille[/name], though, so why not go with it!)
[name]Margaret[/name]: This is a great and underappreciated name, imo. Lots of nn potential here, too, if you decide to stray from [name]Maggie[/name] later ([name]Meg[/name], Pegy, [name]Peggy[/name], etc.)
[name]Ruby[/name]: I think [name]Ruby[/name] is really cute. I haven’t met any young Rubies yet but I hear about the popularity of this name on nameberry so is that’s an issue for you, then watch out.

Boys:
[name]Jude[/name]: My nephew is called [name]Jude[/name] but I haven’t heard of any others yet. It’s not my favorite name but it is a great song.
[name]Jonathan[/name]: This is a classic, but you’re right - it’s less interesting than the other choices. Your idea to name your kids after Beatles songs is refreshing, so why not pick a more interesting name?
[name]Theodore[/name]: Great name. This is my favorite of the boys’.

I was trying to think of some other Beatles names that come up and a previous poster got most of them. However, there are some other variants of the names she mentioned.

[name]Anna[/name] - [name]Anna[/name] (Go to Him) - Also [name]Annika[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name] and so on
[name]Prudence[/name] - (Dear [name]Prudence[/name]) - Also [name]Prue[/name] (This would make a cute middle name for a double Beatles reference)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - (Dizzy Miss [name]Lizzy[/name]) - [name]Eliza[/name] would also work here

There’s also:
[name]Jojo[/name] (Get Back): [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Joanne[/name]
[name]Loretta[/name] (Get Back)
[name]Rosetta[/name] (I think someone murmurs this over the guitar tuning parts in Get Back)
[name]Pamela[/name] (as in Polythene [name]Pam[/name])
[name]Dakota[/name] ([name]Rocky[/name] Raccoon)
[name]Gideon[/name] ([name]Rocky[/name] Raccoon)
[name]Lily[/name], [name]Lilith[/name], [name]Lilia[/name], etc. ([name]Lil[/name] from [name]Rocky[/name] Raccoon)
[name]Nancy[/name] ([name]Rocky[/name] Raccoon)
[name]Daniel[/name] ([name]Rocky[/name] Raccon)
[name]Peter[/name] ([name]Pyotr[/name] Ilyich Tchaikovsky - [name]Roll[/name] over Beethoven (and tell Tchaikovsky the news!) )
[name]Edgar[/name] (I am the Walrus)
[name]Allan[/name] (I am the Walrus)
[name]Poe[/name] (I am the Walrus)