Beatrice or Beatrix and Why?

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] has so much more pizzazz! I love that it’s traditional but also bright and punchy and full of energy.

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], while a beautiful elegant name, is just too demure for me.

3 Likes

Here they’re pronounced the same! Also with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] it’s easier to get the cute nickname “trixie” which i’m in LOVE with!

1 Like

I used to really dislike [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] but it’s been growing on me lately :laughing:. [name_f]My[/name_f] toddler loves Disney’s Thumper books and one of his 4 sisters is [name_f]Trixie[/name_f]. I kind of wonder if they did that as a nod to [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] since it’s a bunny character.

1 Like

Honestly everyone has such good thoughts in both directions that it makes it really hard to choose :sweat_smile:. I think I like that [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is the original Latin since etymology is so important to me.

1 Like

It gives me a fairy image! and maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

This for me too. I also find that Beatrice gets three lovely syllables but Beatrix is more likely to be said almost like “BEET-rix”, which feels rushed.

1 Like

I can’t pick one because I like them exactly the same but these are the pros/cons, in my opinion:

PROS:

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - feels more classic, [name_m]Dante[/name_m], she was a beautiful woman who led him through, gives me silver and blue colors, feels more elegant, feels like it would grow up better, I imagine a woman in her 20s with dark hair and pale eyes.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - feels a bit happier, feels a bit more modern, [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] Potter’s stories. comes with nn [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] (if you like it), gives me bright colors, I imagine a blond little girl with very blue eyes.

CONS:

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - can be said bee-tris (easily corrected, though), might feel a bit heavy, looks like “beat” and “rice”.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - to play tricks, nn [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] (if you dislike it), this could als be said bee-trix.

Then there is [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] which is a constellation and sort of nice.

I don’t know what I would choose. I guess I lean a bit towards [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and will vote for that but I like them about the same. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] feels like she’d appreciate it more later on.

1 Like

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is vibrant and literary, like a bee buzzing around a farm, while [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] sounds gawky and poncy to me unfortunately.

1 Like