Beatrix, Penelope or Felicity?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! Wondering which is your favourite girls name out of [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Felicity[/name] and why? What do you think of the names individually and in a sibset? Thanks so much for any help.
Also: sub-question: how popular is [name]Penelope[/name] do you think? I’m in Australia if it makes a difference, but I’m SO ANNOYED with [name]Kourtney[/name] Kardashian. I love the name [name]Penelope[/name] and I’m afraid she’s ruining it!
[name]Jemima[/name]

My favorite would be [name]Penelope[/name], with [name]Beatrix[/name] as a close second. [name]Felicity[/name] is all right, but I’m not really into it. I think the three would make a nice sister-set though!

Despite KK using it, I haven’t really noticed any new Penelopes or middle name Penelopes in my area. So I don’t think it’s quite as big as people worried it would become since her using the name. The only personal experience I’d had with it is that I used to have [name]Penelope[/name] as a top name, and I shared it with my mother when she asked what sort of names I liked for her grandchildren, etc. She didn’t like it and thought it was pretentious/odd. Fast forward a few years, and KK uses it… my mother, who watches the family’s show, now thinks it’s a beautiful name. However, no need to worry about my mother using it; she is many years post-hysterectomy. :smiley:

I love [name]Beatrix[/name]! It’s adorably vintage with a bit of an edge, and so underused, a great pick in my opinion. [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] would make a great sibset too.

[name]Penelope[/name] is a beautiful name, and if you really love it I’d say go for it! It’s not popular at all where I live (Southwestern US). In fact, I’ve never even met a [name]Penelope[/name] in real life. Honestly, I wouldn’t be too concerned with the Kardashian reference, over time that association will begin to fade in people’s minds. For instance, when I hear the name [name]Penelope[/name] my first thought is always [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Cruz[/name] not *Oh, that’s [name]Khloe[/name] Kardashian’s daughters name". It’s a lovely name that has a far-reaching history that goes beyond any pop-culture reference, a real classic in my honest opinion.

[name]Penelope[/name] is my favourite! I have adored it for such a long time, but doubt I would use this name for a future daughter now that [name]Kourtney[/name] Kardashian has used it. (I am Australian too).

[name]Felicity[/name] is my favorite name in the whole world! To me it has everything - history, an unbeatable meaning, a range of good nicknames, and it sounds happy but fancy at the same time. I know a lot of people on here love [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] but I’ve just never gotten into either of them. [name]Penelope[/name] is trendy at the moment (& I think it’ll get more popular but I don’t think it’s too popular to use) and [name]Beatrix[/name] just reminds me of [name]Trix[/name] cereal. Also, I had never heard of [name]Beatrix[/name] before naming websites and I think [name]Beatrice[/name] is the well-known version (if that matters to you). [name]Felicity[/name] is by far my favorite!

[name]Felicity[/name] then [name]Penelope[/name] then [name]Beatrix[/name] (I really don’t care much for [name]Beatrix[/name]). I would use [name]Felicity[/name] myself. Gorgeous name. Another name that has this feel is [name]Freya[/name]. I adore [name]Freya[/name] as much as [name]Felicity[/name].

[name]Felicity[/name] is my fave!

[name]Beatrix[/name] is my far my favourite! Though a lot of people seem to like [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name], I don’t feel they’re as good as they’re cracked up to be, but that’s just my opinion. What a lovely sister-set however! So nice and refreshing.

I love [name]Felicity[/name]. I would probably call a daughter named [name]Felicity[/name] ‘Filly.’ I think its really happy, and what girl doesn’t love horses? I was sad when my husband started watching [name]Arrow[/name] because the sidekicks name is [name]Felicity[/name] and he always vetos names if he has heard it on a show. So far though, he hasn’t veto’d this one.

[name]Beatrix[/name] for sure. I like it’s classic spunkiness. [name]Felicity[/name] is nice enough, but if I’m going to pick a name meaning happiness, I’d pick [name]Beatrix[/name]. [name]Penelope[/name] is nice, but it feels like its popping up everywhere.
So [name]Beatrix[/name]!

In [name]Oz[/name], too…[name]Penelope[/name] is my absolute favorite name for a little girl. We are due in 5 weeks but, sadly, DH will not even consider [name]Penelope[/name]! : ( I love the potential nicknames of [name]Nellie[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name]. I worried about the KK thing (before I resigned myself to the fact that I’d never be able to use the name due to DH’s objection), too. However, I have not heard of any little Penelopes in the US (I was born & raised in the US w/ all my family still there and lots of friends w/ young kids/babies) thru the grapevine. I have a feeling it is going to get popular here in [name]Oz[/name] but, it is just a hunch as I have not heard about any little Penelopes here, either. I have only met one in my 9 years here (and I teach primary school) & she is now 12 and goes by the nn [name]Penny[/name].

I also like [name]Beatrix[/name] & [name]Felicity[/name] but not as much as [name]Penelope[/name]! I think [name]Flick[/name] is a spunky little nn and [name]Bea[/name] is very sweet.

I am shocked that I would vote this way, but I think [name]Beatrix[/name]. I am usually annoyed with it because I like [name]Beatrice[/name] so much better. [name]Penelope[/name] is skyrocketing. I hear it everywhere all the time. [name]Felicity[/name] is just not my cup of tea. I am not sure if I like it or not. [name]Beatrix[/name] has more substance than the other two.

[name]Felicity[/name] is my least favorite–[name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] are both…ballsier? Not in an androgynous sort of way!

I realize [name]Penelope[/name] may have lost a little edge with it’s growing popularity and its garnering of the dreaded Kardashian stamp of approval; I still think it’s got style:) And [name]Beatrix[/name] is just kind of rad ([name]Beatrix[/name] Kiddow, anyone?:))

[name]Felicity[/name] is pretty enough, and definitely not overdone, but that’s about it, for me anyway.

Thanks so much to everyone for your responses! A complete range, but very helpful :slight_smile: I’m really liking these three as a sibset - here’s hoping for three girls! :wink:

I like [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] are great names with fantastic nicknames - [name]Beat[/name] and [name]Penny[/name] or [name]Trixie[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]. If I had to rank them, I would say that I slightly prefer [name]Beatrix[/name]. However, I don’t think the Kardashians have ruined [name]Penelope[/name]- they are a flash in the pan.

I don’t like the name [name]Felicity[/name] as much as the other two. In a sibset with [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name], I like [name]Evelyn[/name] ([name]Evie[/name]), [name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Nora[/name]), [name]Eliza[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Liz[/name]), [name]Genevieve[/name] ([name]Genni[/name] or [name]Eve[/name]) and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] ([name]Gwen[/name]).

I like both [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name]. I don’t like [name]Beatrix[/name], but it seems to be very in right now.

I work in childcare in Australia and none of these names are common. I have taught one [name]Felicity[/name] and no [name]Penelope[/name]. I imagine that there will be a few [name]Beatrix[/name]'s coming up through the classes in the next few years.

All great names! I am still delighted with [name]Felicity[/name] and only know one other, who is five.

Whichever one you choose, you cannot go wrong. [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], and [name]Penelope[/name] are all great names. If I had too pick a favorite, I would say [name]Penelope[/name]. I love the nn [name]Penny[/name].

All three I love but felicity gets my vote! Pretty with a geat meaning and underused. Frilly but grounded.

I’m also from Australia, and my daughter, [name]Penelope[/name], was born in [name]December[/name]. We had chosen our girls name before [name]Kourtney[/name] Kardashian had her baby, and it’s a name I always loved. I was SUPER annoyed with KK, but not one person has mentioned that to me. In fact, SO many people have said what a pretty, original name it is. It really isn’t popular here. I have only met one other [name]Penelope[/name] in my life, and she is the same age as me. She also has not come across any other [name]Penelope[/name]'s. Anyway, obviously that is my vote, I love the nn [name]Penny[/name], and it suits her to a T. I recommend calling your bump each name for one full week, and see what feels right. You’ll know :slight_smile: