Beatrix vs Clara

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so I thought I’d introduce myself. I’m [name]Emma[/name].
Alright, so the problem is this; [name]Beatrix[/name] has been my favourite name for so long and I think of it as the perfect name (for me, at least). But when I got into my long-term relationship with my boyfriend, I agreed that [name]Beatrix[/name] could play middle to [name]Clara[/name], since we [name]BOTH[/name] loved [name]Clara[/name]. Only trouble is, we won’t be having children for at least five years and I absolutely think somewhere along the line [name]Clara[/name]'s popularity is going to become white hot. I also constantly compare [name]Clara[/name] in a negative light to [name]Beatrix[/name], because in my mind no name is ever going to come close to her in perfection!
I plucked up the courage yesterday to suggest we swith them round so [name]Clara[/name] is the middle name. [name]Alas[/name], boyfriend was quite upset and moaned about me chopping and changing over everything (I didn’t know I did that!). So my question is, should I give up on my dream name because that’s the selfless thing to do? Or should I keep on trying to persuade him, since he did rate her eight out of ten ([name]Clara[/name] got ten out of ten, grumble grumble).
Sorry this was so long, and I know the matter is hardly imminent since we’re years away from having children, but what can I say- I’m a planner!

Actually, I think you should try to find a name that you [name]BOTH[/name] love, rather than “persuade” one of you to love it. This way you’ll both be happy with whatever choice you make. Also, I’m not sure that its always a great idea to “decide” on a name this far out. My hubby and I don’t plan on having kids for a few more years. We’ve just sorta made a top ten list for fun. We change everything SO MUCH. A lot happens in 5 years, your tastes can drastically change. So…long story short, I say keep [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] in your name pool but don’t worry about the finalizations for awhile yet :slight_smile: Plus, You’ve got 5 years to find the gorgeous name you both love! Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name] there, [name]Emma[/name]. I second [name]Rica[/name]'s post, but want you to know that [name]Beatrix[/name] is one of my all-time favorite names! [name]LOVE[/name] it! :slight_smile:

Yes, don’t stress, it is quite a while away until you have kids. I am trying to name my second child now and I know that any name my husband or I nix, is over for that name. Agreeance is key to the right name. Keep [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] on your list, as suggested before and don’t be afraid to add more to the list as time goes by.

Chill out - you have plenty of time to both change your minds.

And with all the thought you have apparently put into it, I will guarantee that you end up having a boy anyway.

Haha, that’s totally true.

I second (third? forth?) everyone else. Five years is a long ways away, you will undoubtedly change your minds. I know how you feel though, I want to have four kids and I’m constantly thinking about what all of their names will be, even though it’s unlikely they will have any of the names I’m thinking about now. For the record though, I adore [name]Beatrix[/name], she’s in my top ten (sometimes in my top 5… and she’s almost always on my list of ‘triplet girls’ names!)

I think it’s great to think about names. [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] are both lovely. But in five years, you might like something else even better. [name]Beatrix[/name] and/or [name]Clara[/name] might be super popular in five years. So just make a list of names and add and subtract as your taste changes. Going on Nameberry a lot has really affected my taste in names. I used to love [name]Anna[/name] the most of all girls’ names except for my daughter’s name [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Now I love [name]Veronica[/name] and [name]Celeste[/name].

My tastes have changed so much these last 5 yrs. It’s so much fun to have a list and to keep adding to it.

For twin girls i’ve always wanted [name]Sabine[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name], now it’s [name]Sabine[/name] and [name]Willow[/name] with [name]Amelie[/name] not even a consideration anymore. It’s funny how with time passing, you realise some names have dated.

Enjoy thinking about names, you will get so many ideas on here. It’s nice to find a community of people who enjoy thinking about names.