Beatrix....?

So DH and I loved [name]Beatrix[/name] the first time around, but [name]Juliette[/name] ended up winning out with DD #1. Now we’re pregnant with #2 and [name]Beatrix[/name] is again topping our list. Here are my questions – why does this name seem SO popular on all the baby naming sites, but only 131 babies were given the name in 2009 in the U.S.? What’s up with this name???

Next, what middle names work best with it? I feel like it’s a strange combination of sounds to pair with. Our last name is two syllable and starts with CH and has the charity or chocolate sound. Right now we’ve been thinking [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Itzel[/name] (DH is from Mexico) but I’m just not sure… any thoughts?

[name]Beatrix[/name] was on my list until a friend ruined it for me by saying it sounded like beetroot. (What Aussies call beets)

I think the reason it isn’t used so often is because it is a bold choice. It doens’t sound like any other names or name clusters, which makes it more unique that a lesser known name like [name]Amalia[/name] or [name]Amberly[/name] or [name]River[/name] or any other number of familiar sounding names that arent really familiar.

I say use it - if I was not Australian I would use it, but I can just imagine the school kids!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], it’s on my short list. I think it shows up on name forums a lot because we’re all “name nerds” and appreciate old lady chic names :slight_smile: My options for [name]Beatrix[/name] are:

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lucette[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]

hth!

If my name was [name]Beatrix[/name] and my sister’s name was [name]Juliette[/name] I would be jealous. [name]Juliette[/name] is feminine and pretty, [name]Beatrix[/name] just seems old and weird to me.

Thanks for the responses so far. I love the middle name [name]Noelle[/name]…so much so that we used it for DD#1. :slight_smile:

Here are some others I’ve come up with:

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alma[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Anna[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Itzel[/name] is still DH’s fave

What do you think? Any other suggestions? It seems you need something soft to valance out the x in [name]Beatrix[/name].

By the way, we will be calling her [name]Bea[/name], pronounced [name]Bay[/name]-uh because DH speaks Spanish and that would be the pronunciationin Spanish. (plus, I think it!/ pretty cute)

We had the same dilemma when we named our daughter two months ago. We went for it and we love our little [name]Bea[/name] and her name so much. She is [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Molly[/name]. [name]Molly[/name] is a family name. Good luck!

That’s adorable, [name]Pearl[/name]! I love [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Molly[/name]!

Poster, I think [name]Beatrix[/name] is such a fun, vintage, whimsical name. It might not be my first choice with [name]Juliette[/name] - maybe something more overtly feminine, such as [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], or [name]Fiona[/name] might be at the top of my list - but it could work, for sure! [name]Beatrix[/name] is on my own list for future children, and I like [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helena[/name], with [name]Helena[/name] being pronounced as [name]Helen[/name] with an “ah” sound. It would probably work for any pronunciation, though. Speaking of [name]Fiona[/name], though, [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] would be cute with [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]!

Oh, and for nicknames, your pronunciation of [name]Bea[/name] is really cute! [name]Do[/name] you live in the US, though? Because, if so, people will mispronounce [name]Bea[/name] as “bee,” because that’s how it is said in English. [name]Beah[/name] - kind of like [name]Leah[/name] - could be another way to spell it!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: